Good morning here in the PNW, and despite a prediction of overcast skies, the sunshine is out in full force this morning, a lovely way to start the day. Yes,
@Alitm, it is pretty dry here and definitely a concern as summer is on its way and it is usually pretty dry--last thing we need is a drought on our hands! We, too, are supposed to get some rain this coming week.
I went on a walk with a neighbor yesterday morning and was so happy that I was able to do this--not a long walk but probably 20 minutes in length--and right hip didn't whine and left hip's constant ache wasn't aggravated. And congratulations,
@Atkinson8, for two days worth of walking in NYC. It is such an interesting city to walk around in, and being able to do it without discomfort is sensational--hurray for you! Today I'm off to the gym and will do my PT exercises after that. My therapist recommends doing the PT exercises daily for now and as it's a fairly straightforward series of exercises, only about 15 to 20 minutes daily, it's entirely manageable and it does help, I think. Nothing is going to completely relieve the discomfort of my aching left hip, but the goal is to keep it to a dull roar for awhile. As long as the discomfort doesn't impact my ability to live my daily life comfortably, I will be satisfied.
I realize my usual habit of being on this forum daily or every other day, is falling off. It's clear to me that I have less to say about "all things hip" which is really a good thing, I know. But I realize this is a HIP forum and if I've nothing to really contribute, it's time to take an extended break. I am sure once hip #2 is ready for replacement I will undoubtedly pop back on. My experiences on this forum with hip #1 have been so positive--I've felt supported and entertained in equal measure, and have appreciated reading about the experiences of others--some easier than mine, some harder, but all interesting to read and think about. Thanks to everyone who posts on their thread, and has posted on mine as well--especially moderators who do so much for everyone with their supportive, encouraging and informative postings. Despite recovering from hip surgery these last six months, I've enjoyed my time on this forum immensely--y'all rock, hippies forever!
For me, the immediate future means continuing to exercise regularly, for physical AND mental health, eat sensibly (the only thing my OS said as I left his office, "stay active and don't gain weight") and, frankly, learning to live with a certain amount of daily discomfort. My foolish dream of getting back to being unaware of my hips is clearly not going to happen. Sure, I will get stronger and the healing will continue. But I'm no spring chicken and a certain amount of stiffness and ache is something I need to get used to and accept. Adjusting my expectations is a real goal going forward.
Anyway, best wishes to everyone, and hope your weekend (and going forward) is going well. Cheers, and thanks again.