Knee Infection* The Story of My Knees Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Story of My Knees

Hello Everyone!:D

I went to PT yesterday and Chris the PT stayed with me the whole time instead of having a PTA help me through some of the exercises. He has added more exercises and more reps to my routine. When I was doing the heel slides I asked if he would tell me what my ROM was. I was very disgusted when I found out it was 88!:hsft: Well, then Chris started bending it for me and I could feel some of the scar tissue pulling apart. The leg started bending a lot better. We are still working on getting the kneecap to track, but it is getting better.

I left PT feeling great if you can believe that!:whey: My kneecap is starting to track and so I can bend it without as much pain. I am able to stand for a longer period of time without noticing my knee and when I did squats yesterday, I went pretty far down, "and got back up on my own!":rotfl:

Well, we went out tonight and I thought "what the heck" I did so well in PT yesterday, I don't need my crutches! I had been doing dishes and laundry today but didn't take that into consideration either.:scrt: Well, the waitress took us to the table that was at the very back of the restaurant! When we left, I had to go down the long incline and my knee did not like it very much.

We went to visit my father-in-law tonight after stopping by the house to get my crutches! I am doing better, but I have to realize my limits!:hehe:

Baby steps, Sonja.....baby steps. You will learn what works and what doesn't. But all in all, you are doing fabulous and it makes me so happy to see it!!

Sonja, you are doing great! Be careful, but you are doing great!

I have 2 fabulous PT's that work with me!:wink: Katie is one who believes in massage, and working the kneecap without hurting me. She is so gentle! Chris on the other hand gets hold of my knee and pushes for more ROM which I also need at this point. He does not do it harshly (like I hear about the horror stories on here occasionally), but instead goes slow and steady. I like both of their methods because I am seeing results from therapy!

I actually look forward to going to therapy,:wink: even though they keep adding exercises and reps to my routine. I am starting to feel "normal" again and I have not had any of my normal signs that tell me infection is coming back!:D

God has blessed me and I am so grateful! I could not ask for more! My husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I really have all I need. Good health and good knees are the best "gifts" that I have been given! :whey:

That's fantastic, Sonja! I am delighted for you.

Sonja....this is just an absolutel miracle!!! I am beyond thrilled for you!

Sonja I am so happy to read all of this good news for you. I hope it all continues to improve.

Donna

I am so happy for you. You have been thru so much !!!!! Yes good health and good knees sound like a perfect Chrisatmas present to me !!!!:rurk:

Thank you everyone! :D

I just am feeling so much better and even though I am still having a tough time with getting my kneecap to track, I know it will happen soon!:wink:

I have started getting "back into life," and I am loving it! Things are so much better and the outlook is great!

My passport is underway for my cruise in March and so I will be ready!:wink:

Hello Everyone!:D

Well today I went out and gave my "secret santa" gifts for 3 children who are being raised by their grandparents. Then I picked up a load of groceries from 2nd harvest and took the food to a family that doesn't have much.

It feels so nice to give to others who are not as fortunate as you. I love seeing the childrens faces light up when they receive gifts that they never thought would be possible.

What a wonderful day, Sonja!!! God bless you.

What a great day for you !!!!! Thinking of others when I know you are still having a hard time. You just made my day. And oh by the way I also have a dachshund who is my baby now that my child is grown. His name is Bob. :dogkiss:

Well hello Everyone!

I don't know what I did to my knee but it wasn't good!:cry:
I am back on crutches, and when I went to PT, I didn't accomplish very much. I was trying to "tough it out" w/o pain meds and that backfired BIG TIME! I wasn't able to do many of the exercises that I usually can do.

I think I just had a rough day the day before and did not give it a chance to repair and rest. I think the knee should be further along than it is, so I quit the RICEing thinking it was behind me now! Well, now I am back to the early routines again.

Sonja, so sorry to hear about your pain! I sometimes try to tough it out too and it always backfires, so I can definitely relate. I hope you will be able to get the pain and swelling back under control quickly. Take it easy and keep us posted! ~Suzie

Oh Sonja! tut tut! Mind you, I can quite see why you would think it was behind you. It's been a canny while but principle always is when you find yourself forgetting to take pills or ice, rather than deciding to do without it. In other words, listen to your body.

I do hope you are feeling better now.

Dang, Sonja.....I know you are eager to move on. I'm sorry for this small setback, but you'll be bounding back into action here soon. I'm glad you knew what to do!!!

Hello Everyone!

Well I went to PT today and I had pain running down the inside of my knee. Well Chris adjusted my kneecap which was very painful also, but the pain inside of my leg persisted. He said "try the straight leg raise," and when I tried the quad muscle fired but the knee would not comply.:shk: So he lifted the leg, and I screamed! (I didn't mean to, but the pain seared through me.):wink: I even took 15 mg of Loritab before I went to rehab. Well when I got home, I climbed in bed and fell asleep, and the pain has gone down tremendously! Why? It just doesn't make any sense!:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Plerea
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom