Zommom
senior
- Joined
- Nov 26, 2018
- Messages
- 279
- Age
- 70
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Day 10. Some good news, I am finally back to therapeutic levels !
I no longer have to take those nasty lovenox shots along with the warfarin and they moved out labs to once of week instead of every 3 days. Today I took off the TEDs for a few hours to wash them - it always feels good to have them off if only for a short time. Leg looks good with minimal bruising. Still moderate swelling both knee and ankle. Elevating and icing an hour or so 6 hrs daily and all night! I am still working on the pain management aspect I woke up this morning in pain? Ended up adding a Tramadol with Tylenol I am concerned that it seems I’ve had to add the opioids during the daytime hours? My only thought is I’ve had to leave the house every couple of days for labs and my new knees does not like these outings! My next scheduled outing is feb 13 for OS follow up and 1st PT visit. Nervous about the PT but determined not to let them push me.
Some bad news, Laying around elevating so much is making my hip angry ! Could it be bursitis? Or is the hip starting down the replacement path? I’m probably overthinking it but the mind goes where it wants to. My right knee which needs a replacement as well is doing ok right now and I am appreciating it stepping up to the plate but dreading the day it returns to its own angry self - thinking it is biding it’s time until it could get 100% of the diva treatment. I am wishing I had done both knees at the same time right now. Another surgery and recovery is daunting to me
I no longer have to take those nasty lovenox shots along with the warfarin and they moved out labs to once of week instead of every 3 days. Today I took off the TEDs for a few hours to wash them - it always feels good to have them off if only for a short time. Leg looks good with minimal bruising. Still moderate swelling both knee and ankle. Elevating and icing an hour or so 6 hrs daily and all night! I am still working on the pain management aspect I woke up this morning in pain? Ended up adding a Tramadol with Tylenol I am concerned that it seems I’ve had to add the opioids during the daytime hours? My only thought is I’ve had to leave the house every couple of days for labs and my new knees does not like these outings! My next scheduled outing is feb 13 for OS follow up and 1st PT visit. Nervous about the PT but determined not to let them push me. Some bad news, Laying around elevating so much is making my hip angry ! Could it be bursitis? Or is the hip starting down the replacement path? I’m probably overthinking it but the mind goes where it wants to. My right knee which needs a replacement as well is doing ok right now and I am appreciating it stepping up to the plate but dreading the day it returns to its own angry self - thinking it is biding it’s time until it could get 100% of the diva treatment. I am wishing I had done both knees at the same time right now. Another surgery and recovery is daunting to me




Time to pay some bills from bed (gotta love internet banking) ! Praying we all have a quiet night
Yes I do think that Tramadol is causing me more grief than helping! I am so happy that you are finally getting some peace at night. I look to follow in your footsteps
time for a morning nap while hubby is out blowing snow. We sure have been getting dumped on this winter
glad I don’t have to leave the house