THR Yippee, that's the other one sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya Anne, just thought I'd drop by to say Hello and see how you are?

Its such a long long process isn't it?

I too have given up driving for the moment, I haven't driven for over a week now. I am considering trying a small drive today, but dont want to set off anything again!

Tanny x
 
Hi Tanny, I'm not too bad thanks, in fact this week I finally have managed to get around the house without my stick as long as I don't overdo it - to be honest I thought the moment would never arrive after setting myself back after my OS visit but it has! I can walk up and down stairs properly (down more easily than up ) and have finally slept on my side, whoop,whoop!

I still do get sore though after for example having to get in and out of the car a couple of times and having to use a loo that hasn't got a lovely high seat like my loan one has.I'm sure I'll get be unable to get up from one, one of these days! At 11 weeks post op I'm still icing regularly and seem to have different areas that hurt but I guess that's all part of the healing going on inside. My shoulder and upper arm are giving me problems, don't know why so I might have to go back to the doc about that but at the moment I'm on track to return to work on Oct 17th.

All in all though I'm further on than when I last posted and I'm very grateful for that especially when I know what you and Janet are going through. Are things any easier for you now-I know you're still waiting for your next appt?
 
PS I haven't gone back to driving again after the last time but will give it another go over the weekend in readiness for work:sigh:
xxx
 
To be honest Janet I think I'll have to try it and see how I get on. No one has suggested part time but I did see my boss a couple of weeks ago and he said to see how I got on and if I get too tired I can go home so that's comforting. My work is mostly computer based with an element of dog care too but my co worker will take care of the dog part till I feel up to dealing with it - the worry would be getting pulled over by the more enthusiastic ones! I'm going to miss my days at home not working to set hours etc!
I do hope things work out soon for you Janet, you really are having such a rotten time of it.
 
You take care of you Anne! You need to do everything that you can so the rest of your recovery keeps on the right path. You are doing very well so if you feel the full time work is too much, take the boss up on his offer.

I'm hoping for better days ahead for myself as well :wink1: !
 
Hi Anne,

Glad to hear you have managed the odd sleep on your side:thumb: It helps a bit doesn't it?

It shows how we are all different, you can go up the stairs normally, which I can't at all. Yet you use sticks in the house, which I do only about 20% of the time! It really shows we are all so different.

Are you worried about going back to work next week? I would think its rather overwhelming to comtemplate going back full time, could you maybe have a staged come back? sounds a bit like a rock star......lol

You take care

Tanny x
 
Hi Tanny and other fellow BoneSmarties
Big day today as it was my first day back at work since my THR 12 weeks ago and I was rather worried about how I'd cope as I'd felt so safe and comfy at home going at my own pace . No one had suggested a phased return (a colleague in another area had asked her boss for one and he'd refused) so armed with a cushion and painkillers I thought I'd see how I got on!
I'm pleased to say I managed 9-5 without falling asleep at my computer(despite having in excess of 2500 emails to wade through,yawn) but have been in bed since 8pm with my trusty ice pack as my hip area is rather sore. I made sure I got up and walked around every hour and went for a walk at lunchtime. Hardly use my stick at all now and can walk a fair way without the wibble wobbles except when I've been in bed or sitting too long and it's quite tight and stiff where my leg meets my trunk and across the front of my thigh but I'm hoping as time goes on and everything inside heals I'll have a lot less discomfort. I know I have a lot to be thankful for:thumb:
 
Well done Anne! Sounds like you have a good plan on coping with your return. Long may it continue!
 
Thanks very much girls. It's catching up with me today - more pain and a good weep when I got home but I think that's only to be expected. Tomorrow will be better (she said with an air of confidence and hoping like mad she's right!!):th_heehee:
 
You're doing great, Anne!!!! Each day will get a bit easier and you're on your way now.
 
Hiya Anne

Not suprised you feel a bit weepy now and again Anne, it must be tough doing those hours. Do you do your shopping on line? just thinking that may help, I know its been a blessing for me!

I was just looking back over your posts the last few anyway and I noticed I said I cant do stairs normally, well I can now! Not loads but def can do a few at a time

Glad to hear that you regularly get up from your pc at work. I know I seize up if I sit for a while

Tanny x
 
Hi Tanny, long time no speak, how are you getting on,any improvement? Really do hope so. Brill about the stairs, doesn't it feel wonderful to master them?! I'm lucky my husband has taken early retirement so his job is now as Dobby the house elf ( as per Harry Potter!) so I'm spared the shopping. Tried Jo's knuckle massage into my sore bits last night- made quite a difference. Let me know how you're doing soon please dear
Xxx
 
Hiya Anne,

sorry its been a while, been busy with the half term. My little one is only 9 and takes up a lot of my time and energy.........bless him.

How are your sore bits anne........lol, sounds a bit personal! Oh if only I had the money to have a massage every other day!!!!!!

I have started Physiotherapy now, which is quite tough and I have different exercises to do at home now ( I haven't done them today:blush:) I have really weak muscles, hip flexors, quads etc as I had left my hip for so long. I am really concentrating on just walking at the moment as I am scared to do any gym work after my set back. I went to TWO car boots today!

I do intend to go to Salsa again one day Anne, truly. My sister and brother have just taken it up again over the last couple of weeks and to be honest last wednesday I found myself bawling my eyes out as I felt so sorry for myself that I cant dance any more at the moment

How are you doing my lovely?

Tanny x
 
Ah, lovely to hear from you my deario! Have read your own thread and I can't tell you how pleased and relieved I am that thigs are so much better for you. You will indeed have your hands full with a 9 year old, I remember what my son was like at that age! And you will be doing the salsa before too long, I'd stake my pension on it! This Zumba thingy sounds like fun, was reading about it on Tui's post. Might have to break out the Wii fit soon!
So an update on my progress - went back to work 2 weeks ago, straight back into full time hours. Started off ok but it took its toll as the days went on and I was so down by last Friday and grumpy beyond words.Don't think driving 100 miles helped either when the furthest I'd driven since my op was 3 miles. Doh! BUT..... I'm pleased to say after a weekend of normal home activities which kept me more mobile, today has been so different and, dare I say it, this evening I have a lot less discomfort and feel really quite good. I go for a walk each lunchtime - usually about a mile- which helps to get rid of the stiffness from sitting. I think I would have been better if I had taken another week or two off but you know how we think we're sooooooo like superwoman?!:yahoo:
I'd love to be able to afford a massage too Tan - mine was self administered with good old Bio oil - loosened up the muscles and whatever else holds the leg onto the body anyway!:hysterical:
Have had to put the walking poles aside for a while as I have a very painful right arm which the doc says is due to a damaged radial nerve (probably from heaving myself on and off the bed for the past few weeks!) and needs resting. Try doing that when you're right handed :th_heehee:
Anyway my advice is, don't rush into anything you don't have to!
Take care
Anne xxx
 
Anne,


Just read your thread again, at first I thought you had your surgery Oct. 11, not July 11th, and I was thinking dang this woman is amazing... Although, you still are with it only being since July 11th, it sounds like your doing very well.

I have to say reading a lot of the threads from you all in the UK and in Europe, I trying the word "LOO" out on my husband who's Italian, and he laughed and said it sounded like I was saying the "Loop" instead of "Loo" with my southern accent. So much for a southern girl from the US of A trying out a new word.


Anyway, it's great that your doing well Anne, and I hope you continue to do well everyday. Best therapy can be from our four legged pets, mine are horses and dogs but they all love to give kisses all the same... now if I could find a smilely with a horse given kisses I'll be a real happy camper :doggieshmooze:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom