Guest viewing is limited

TKR Yes, I know 40 is so young for a TKR, but I did it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear you didn't loose too much ground!!
 
Glad to hear you didn't loose too much ground!!

Thanks @TexasTee ! I was sore last night, but all good today. She also gave me a little thicker (3/8 inch) wedge to put in my right shoe to help even me out. I'm walking MUCH better with that. Not shorter on the right side anymore :) Have had several comments from co-workers today, that I'm back to walking normally and quickly again! YAY!
 
Just came back to say....I've re-graduated PT! Fingers crossed that I don't break any more bones for no reason. haha. The wedge I wear in my right shoe definitely helps me fully extend my left leg when I walk...so I'm good for now. Hopefully, once I'm ready to have the right knee replaced, the doctor can try to make my legs the same length!

Thanks again, my friends, for your continued support and positive thoughts :) I'll stick around here to see how you all are doing!
 
Hey just reading over thread. Wow such inspiring. Best reguards. Keep up the good work.
 
I'm so happy I found this thread. I'm a young one, too - 38! Actually my first ortho kept pushing for 40 due to my age, but I was really having issues walking at all the week before last because I did something to my knee and then Thursday it locked up while I was walking to the breakroom to fix my lunch and I about hit the floor. I caught myself on the wall. I really couldn't walk then and was in so much pain.

I called my husband to come pick me up and to take me into the ortho emergency. I was told there was NOTHING they could do for me except the replacement. I was given a cortisone injection even though the PA didn't think it would help and it didn't. He did very quietly tell me it was time for a second opinion. I have a friend that is a PT and he recommended a few orthos, so I picked his favorite and went to see him. Apparently my knees are so craptastic I also have grooving starting on my femur and I really need to have the surgery soon. I was going to push it but have it done by year-end due to my deductible by my family staged an intervention and I'm scheduled on 8/4. I'm trying to get a feeling for how long I'll be out of the office and it sounds like it might be a bit longer than I planned.
 
Recommended time is 12 weeks with a phased return. People have to adjust based upon various needs. Depending upon your job and your individual recovery, an earlier phased return is feasible.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
12 weeks or so. But it's your knees and recovery. Don't push it. Be gental to your leg.

Remember ice elivate rest. Xxxx this sight will be wonderful for you.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I'm so happy I found this thread. I'm a young one, too - 38! Actually my first ortho kept pushing for 40 due to my age, but I was really having issues walking at all the week before last because I did something to my knee and then Thursday it locked up while I was walking to the breakroom to fix my lunch and I about hit the floor. I caught myself on the wall. I really couldn't walk then and was in so much pain.

I called my husband to come pick me up and to take me into the ortho emergency. I was told there was NOTHING they could do for me except the replacement. I was given a cortisone injection even though the PA didn't think it would help and it didn't. He did very quietly tell me it was time for a second opinion. I have a friend that is a PT and he recommended a few orthos, so I picked his favorite and went to see him. Apparently my knees are so craptastic I also have grooving starting on my femur and I really need to have the surgery soon. I was going to push it but have it done by year-end due to my deductible by my family staged an intervention and I'm scheduled on 8/4. I'm trying to get a feeling for how long I'll be out of the office and it sounds like it might be a bit longer than I planned.

Hi @okiegirl ! I'm glad my journey has helped you a little bit. I know it's scary, being this young...but think about how great it's going to be when you can ENJOY your younger years....rather than sit on the sidelines :)

I'm glad you were able to schedule your surgery and it's not too far off. You have time to ease your mind here on these boards, reading others' experiences and see what you'd like to do the same or different. Follow the Bonesmart mantras....they've worked for SO many of us! Absolutely feel free to reach out to me for anything and I'll be keeping an eye out to see how you're doing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom