THR Yeahhh I'm Finally Here On The Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many different types of pain meds, so if he thinks you need more, then perhaps he can prescribe something else that won't cause the nausea. So sorry for your extra pain!
 
when I put any weight on my op leg I get a shooting pain right from my hip up to my back is this normal? Should I just take an extra pain killer as I'm only on 1 tablet 3x day when the actual paper in the box says the usual dose is 2 tablets 3x day?
It really depends upon what the medication is. What is it called?
the receptionist said to increase the dose for today and then see what the doctor says tomorrow.
That is VERY wrong! A receptionist is not supposed to offer suggestions for medications to patients! Do tell your doctor she told you this as I think she needs to be had a word with!
 
Nefopam is a centrally-acting non-opioid analgesic drug of the benzoxazocine.
Have they had a tendency to make you nauseous before?

And more importantly, do they manage your pain adequately?
If not, I suggest you ask your GP for something else like Tramadol.
 
Yes been nauseous right from the start with them so taking cyclizine along side them. They seem to have managed the pain ok until the sharp pain started yesterday. Maybe I should change them????

Thanks @Josephine
 
I do think you should change them! How stupid of them to keep you on a med that makes you take another med and then it's not even managing your pain properly!
 
@catwoman55 - I hope that shooting pain subsides and you find a good pain management cocktail! Being nauseous at home and trying to figure out what to do is no fun. Been there, done that!

I know not sleeping well at night is frustrating, but can you allow yourself to sleep during the day if that's when your body prefers to? That whole sleeping mess will work out eventually and you'll find yourself sleeping a bit more at a time at night.

Hoping you feel better soon. :flwrysmile:
 
@catwoman55 hello. I agree completely with @Nana757 - your GP should be taking far more interest in your care. You are in pain, you are being sick and you need him/her to respond. Are you following all the other BS postOp advice to the letter - ie icing, elevating, resting and walking as and when advised by your physios? We all wish you well and hope you get this resolved - and quick. Take good care of yourself :angel:
 
Well 3 weeks post op today.....yeah!!!!!! Dressing was taken off yesterday and looking ok, is there some cream or oil that I should be putting on it and if so what is the best that you've all tried please.:reading:.xx @Jaycey @Josephine
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey - you're doing well aren't you! Can't quite believe it is 3 weeks already? You were struggling with pain control, but assume all is okay now? Hope so. I'd tag Jaycey or Josephine to check applying anything - just to be sure. How are things otherwise?
 
@Miss Muffet I know how quick does it go:dancy: Pain is fine now don't have a problem at all, still taking the same amount of meds as I was at the start though.....hope that's ok. As for the sleeping....hmmm not much change there, I have got some sleeping tablets now but they only want me to take them every other night so not to get addicted to them but at least I know I can have maybe 5 hours sleep every other night which is a bonus :wowspring:....between 2 + 3 on the other nights, but at least the end of back sleeping can't be too far away now.......can it:loll:
 
Sleep seems to be one of the most difficult areas of recovery from what I see on here. I'll be a real grotbag if I'm short of it, but I guess it's just something we'll have to manage eh?
Can you nap during the day? And how's the mobility? :climb:
Am so pleased to hear you've not got pain, surely that most the the mosty worrying aspect and it's a relief to hear you're not bothered by that. :badspidy:
Taking meds must be as advised, but again you could check by tagging Josephine I suppose?
Keep up the stirling work - very proud of you! You give me strength to believe I can do as well as you:spin:
 
:rotfl::rotfl:Woah.......just realised its actually 4 weeks not 3 :rotfl: where did that time go:loll:.
 
@Josephine @Jaycey I'm 5 weeks post op tomorrow and so far the most sleep I've had each night is 3 hours and that's when I take a sleeping tablet. Do you think I would be ok to try sleeping on my side at this stage? :yawn:
Thanks.
 
No not seen anyone since leaving hospital, I go to see OS next Wednesday, would you leave it till then?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom