Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Whats up with NOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@vinny , wish I was able to travel~ would of loved to meet you in the city for a drink~! I live about 45 minutes away in New Jersey.... = )
 
we come to the city 3 times a year I would love to meet you next time we are here Chris....you will be loving your new knees beyond what you could have hoped.....

Vinny
 
Thanks for the detailed report Chris. I will see the OS on Saturday. Hope he can get me done early February so I can get back to work for the "Busy time."
 
Chris, just caught up with your thread, sounds like great recovery so far.

As others have said, please beware of trying for over-achievement; it can set you back.

Otherwise, good luck!
 
Thanks for the detailed report Chris. I will see the OS on Saturday. Hope he can get me done early February so I can get back to work for the "Busy time."
Please see my message on Maggies thread about the 4 of us meeting in mid Oct for a reunion
 
@noc Those who are brave enough to undergo a bilateral total knee replacement are super heroes to me. One knee was bad enough - I cannot imagine doing two! May God bless you with a speedy, pain-free, recovery. I know how intimidating those stairs can be. My bedroom was up 14 steps and I wear a pedometer and was shocked at how many flights a day I ended up logging, not even on purpose!
 
Chris your story is very inspiring for those of us who struggle with just one knee recovery. I admire your love for your family, that shows a caring soul. It would seem that drive goes a long way in pushing for your recovery. Keep the faith and I hope you continue to have a great recovery.
 
How's the knees coming Chris? Did you guys get the storm as bad as we did? Ended up snowblowing Three and four foot drifts out of the driveway today. @vinny gets to go golfing up here we start clearing snow. Went well but I did sleep the afternoon away. Cheers,

Harry
 
Wait a minute Harry @oldrugbyprop I am in New York this week up to my ankles in snow and slush and loving every minute of it..gave the knees a great test up and down the subway steps...not to say I won't be playing next Monday but for now having fun in the snow...growing up in Pa. I do not miss the shoveling part.

Vinny
 
I gotta say I Hate slush Vinny. Give me pure snow any day. Golfing next Monday. I suppose you'll be wearing shorts and enjoying the sun. At least you did your required time living in snow country to really appreciate that Bermuda weather. Someday I plan to make that escape during the winter months at least.
 
@oldrugbyprop Harry all thing considered we would prefer New York any day. Slush and all...and yes the shorts will be on Monday. Hate this all year tan!

Vinny:heehee:
 
Whats up Bonesmart~!

One month anniversary today - crazy how time flew by - doing pretty good had PT today ROM is getting better , we do not measure every session, but I can feel that we are making progress and I like not measuring after evrery session IMO.

Have my 1month visit tomorrow with my OS, should be a good visit - I still at times have some pain, mostly at night , and early morning, and after exercising- so, I hope there are no problems with refilling my pain meds as I feel I still need them to heal properly...

Wife also leaves tomorrow for a work conference after my Dr appt - just me and the boy;s for 3 days~! ( and my Dad as needed ) - so should be a interesting week = )

I will let evryone know how my appt goes..

much love, and respect...
-chris
 
Hey Chris, great to hear your progress. Let us know how the appointment goes. Sounds like your getting more mobile and independent. I never thought the new knees would make such a huge difference after making due with what I had before. I'm sure your seeing the same sort of change too. Take care, Harry.
 
@oldrugbyprop , Harry = my appointment went great, my OS was very happy with my progress, toke xrays : ) , I have dieing to see them, and will post them .

I agree, I do not miss the arthritic pain at all, I can only wait till I am really able to feel the difference as I am still kinda weak in the leg's , I know doubt that it will come, but I almost going to switch over to just using a cane -but, today my legs were very weak , and sore - so I am back to using the walker - I am fine with that, I have come to the conclusion the patience is everything with this process..

My small blood clot is ok, I might of not mentioned that~! lol, I did have a small clot in my calf while in rehab - I will be on thinners for another two week's, then I can stop taking that med~!

So glad to hear from you Harry, and really impressed with your rehab as well - what a amazing group of people we are~!!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Whats up with NOC
[Bonesmart.org] Whats up with NOC
 
Great legs Chris[emoji6] Sounds like you are coming along very well. Good on you. I agree with patience being key...top excuse to hasten slowly and say "I just need to rest elevate and ice my knee for the next hour"..... while I enjoy a coffee (as I am now) and a read of my book / catch up on TV....or whatever.

I use patience as a bit of a hand break on the hurley burley of life to stop a while and "smell the roses".

I have been reading the various posts about the snow and snow blowing etc....it is a 180 from my life in Australia...and really a bit hard to imagine.

Hope you are having a great day...I'm in the rehab hospital and have a PT session so will finish now....big hug for your 1month anniversary. Maggie x
 
Hi Chris, sorry to hear that you had such a difficult start with your pain meds, but fantastic news about your great ROM now after such a short time, I am delighted for you. Best of luck with your continued recovery.

Holly :curtsey:
 
It is great to hear from you!!

agree, I do not miss the arthritic pain at all, I can only wait till I am really able to feel the difference as I am still kinda weak in the leg's ,
Those legs will take some time to regain their strength---hang in there, as they will slowly become stronger and have more stamina and balance

but I almost going to switch over to just using a cane -but, today my legs were very weak , and sore - so I am back to using the walker - I am fine with that, I have come to the conclusion the patience is everything with this process..
Do not abandon the walker too soon---do not be in a hurry to get the cane---it is better for you to use the walker longer than you should than to switch to something which causes either gait issues or a lack of balance. Again, practice patience.
 
@noc. Awesome news Chris, Glad your blood clot is under control. Xrays look good I have to get a set of mine. Seen my OS today, He's happy with my progress and says he doesn't need to see me till my six month checkup. The infection is gone as well So its just flexibility left now. Down to extra strength Tylenol now. Keep up the great progress and you are right we are a very impressive group eh.
 
I had a few small DVT's too---they slowed down my recovery just a little bit, and I was on Lovenox injections for a while, then an aspirin regimen for several weeks, too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom