Bilateral TKR Whats up with NOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi noc, I'm new here. I've been reading your thread and I'm just wondering about your blood clots. That's one thing I'm really scared about. I'm seeing a surgeon the end of the month about bilateral and I'm a nervous wreck. How do they find clots? Are they common? Glad your recovery is mocking forward!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Chris, Wow you have been on a wild ride with your BTKR ! That would make my day too if my PT told me I was an over achiever ! however be careful to not over do it you can cause swelling and set your recovery back. This is a marathon on a roller coster! I am 14 weeks out with just one knee and I have 114 ROM and have worked very long to get there and very happy with that and know it will get better. You are doing amazing
 
@referee54 , they put me on xarelto - which here in the US we see a ton of commercials talking about the side effects, lol - I was in the rehab facility at the time as well, and we would see the commercials come on~!
 
@Judywade109 , they found the clot via the Doppler broken link removed: https://www.webmd.com/hw-popup/ultrasound test, I would lay on the table and the nurse would use the machine, and a handheld instrument, and perform the test - very interesting, 1st for me too~!

In all, my Dr at the rehab facility where the clot was initially found was not to worried about it , he stated that even if they did not find the clot , he believed that there was no concern with the clot being below my knee in the calf, and I trusted him as he was a very good Dr at the facility and kept me loop about everything..

@numbzee , much Thanks~!!! = )
 
Chris your story is very inspiring for those of us who struggle with just one knee recovery. I admire your love for your family, that shows a caring soul. It would seem that drive goes a long way in pushing for your recovery. Keep the faith and I hope you continue to have a great recovery.

@janmont - you rock~! = )
 
Hello all,~!

Hope all is well in the knee world~ ; )

I am doing well, had a bout with a stomach bug this last week, and with the help of that I can now use the regular toilet, and not the portable to make the toilet higher~!!!! LOL...

My range of motion is very good, 128feft, and 131right - with both pretty much flat ~!

I have 100% transferred to the CANE - no more walker~!!!

Started doing more weight training now at PT, which I am so looking forward too, my PT state now all I need to focus on is getting stronger and balance - and I know the ROM will get better as time goes on .

I have not been, to PT in a week or so - due to being sick, so I will start fresh on Wednesday - feels like I did nothing in a week, blah - I hate waking up feeling like the day is wasted , still have about 6 weeks until I go back to work, which is good , plenty of time to heal and get back ........

Just popped into say HI, and wish all my friends the best - you all rock...

much love, and respect..

-chris
 
No you rock Noc...great job and you don't need much more ROM than you have already achieved ......Congratulations Chris on an awesome recovery..

Vinny
 
Great news Chris. Being back at the gym and building strength will be a fabulous tonic for you.. So proud of you my friend. Maggie x
 
they put me on xarelto - which here in the US we see a ton of commercials talking about the side effects, lol - I was in the rehab facility at the time as well, and we would see the commercials come on~!
My husband had been on xarelto for 2 years now, for a heart condition. He has had no problems whatsoever with the drug.
 
  • Informative
Reactions: noc
Yey Chris...way to go. Keep up the good work, Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Hey Chris,
Sol glad to hear your doing well. I hope I can follow your lead! Watch out for all this snow and ice. Global warming?
 
@jhcompliance , Thanks Brother...

Update- doing ok, still having problems , after standing for a bit even a half hour, my knee's are killing me, they start to swollen up, and hurt very much, I immedialty have to sit down for a bit, the pain is crazy, and it is funny how I can feel the knee's blowing up.

My back on my right side, right above the butt - get sore as well - I was thinking maybe cause I am doing more?

I am able to ride my stationary bilke at my favorite settings, just did 20 minutes on the bike..

As I am making strides forward, be able to go upstairs with both legs one right after the other, using a cane, being able to do more chores , driving a bit,- I still wonder why I get in so much pain, and stiff after standing, or walking around ( giving the kids showers, doing homework with them) taking garbade to the curb...etc....is this normal?/

Thank You guys, I appreciate any feedback....love, and respect....
-chris
 
Wow Chris,
I don't know for sure but maybe your pushing the envelope a bit? Your recovery is admirable, and so is your dedication to your family.
 
@noc hi Chris great to hear that you are doing the stairs like a big boy:yes!: I am the same - going up left right left right but coming down is still a chor... stick bad good, stick bad good - I take it turns as to which leg/knee is the "baddie". Again like you I am not happy just standing...hurties - I move from leg to leg or just say I have to walk; same for sitting - can do 20 - 30 mins (uncomfortable but OK) before I have to get up and move. Early days for both of us so hang in there.

YEY for the bike activity... only thought I have here is that if you are doing this at the same resistance you used pre new knees it might be too much and you are getting referred pain in your back... try doing half the resistance for a week and see if the pain in your back reduces. With resistance you are putting more power through you knees and legs - remember the bone is still healing and is tender.... just a thought - nothing to lose giving it a try.

hang in there my friend, you are progressin, have patience - cheers Maggie x
 
hi all my friends,

time fly's, I am almost two weeks out ( april 6th ) - then, I go back to work- what a crazy 12 weeks.

right now, I am done with physical therapy - my ROM is great at +130, I just struggle at times standing for long periods and my right knee definitely has taken up being the nagger of the two - my left one feels good, walks great - of course after standing it get's swollen -but, the right is a pain - always hurting - and swollen , saw the OS last week cause I was like what - and he said looks normal - just gonna take time..I guess he is right, but with work staring at me - scary a bit ...

Riding the bike great, 30-45 min, I do my squats at night ( no weights ) and my stretches as well ..

anyways, much love, and respect to all...
 
Hi Chris....WOW so close to 12 weeks. Sound to me like you have done really well on the recovery front.....fantastic. I'm like you with my 2...Laverne, the left one, was the cranky one initially and now it is Shirley...ache swell grumble grumble. I treat her like a naughty child and ignore it....till I can't anymore.
Is your bike stationary or a road bike? I do 15 mins on my recliner bike at the moment but after reading your post with that great ROM I think I will up it. Take care over the next couple of weeks. Just a thought but take an ice PAC to work to use if you can. Maggie x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom