TKR What Did I Get Myself Into?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 13 weeks, I finally figured out how to walk bending my knee with a quad can. I SWITCHED hands with the cane and now I'm walking bending my knee. Instead of using the cane in the left hand(rt. knee was operated on)I tried it on the right side and VOILA! :yes!: I know this sounds nutty but it works, at least for me! This way, it helps me with my balance because I have practically very little to no vision in my right eye due to a retinal detachment. So folks, you got to experiment and find what works for you. I had PTs telling me, "that's NOT how you do it AND it's NOT going to work"...So much for their textbooks, eh?
 
[Bonesmart.org] What Did I Get Myself Into?
[Bonesmart.org] What Did I Get Myself Into?
This is just GREAT, DelawareGirl57!!!!! How wonderful---if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Good for you for NOT giving up. Things should just get better and better from here on out.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] What Did I Get Myself Into?
 
I knew when I went back to therapy the PT was going to tell me I had the cane in the wrong hand and I was right. These people don't listen! :headbang: I still have the tightness in the patellar ligament, that has not gotten any better. :gaah: I only have 2 more pt sessions left on my insurance and they won't grant me any more additional ones. I'm screwed! I still have atrophy in my quads. The leg press and the muscle stim really seem to help at therapy, everything else I can pretty much do at home. I see the OS next Tues., hopefully he can figure out why I'm still having the tightness. :beg:At this point, I just feel like I'm spinning my tires and getting nowhere! :hairpulling:
 
I saw my OS today and he thinks the tightness in the lower patella is tendonitis. He told me to stop pt and gave me a script for Clinoril. He also said to ride my stationary recumbent bike going 60 rpms for 20 minutes 2x a day with no resistance. He wants to see me again in 6wks. if the problem hasn't been resolved. If it has and everything is okay, I don't need to return. :SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom