WestyII
junior member
- Joined
- Jun 17, 2019
- Messages
- 64
- Age
- 72
- Gender
- Male
- Country
United States
Hi Mojo333 and Pumpkin, thank you both for responding. I found a long thread right here on the site that has a lot of good information on H.O. Earlier this morning I called a recently retired highly rated OS, who also happens to be an old friend. We grew up two houses from each other. He didn't do hips and practiced a bit too far from my house, otherwise I would have probably used his partner that specialized in hips.
He listened as I explained the whole thing and the timing of everything and concluded that this is most likely a direct result from the trauma involved from the surgery itself. Although not heard about much, he estimated that H.O. is more common than I imagined. He wouldn't put a percentage on it, but he was fairly certain about it being a direct result of the surgical procedure, which he described as "pretty barbaric"
and very tough on the human body. He also wouldn't blame the OS, saying it can happen to anyone having a THR.
I put in a request through the electronic massaging system we use here for an RX pain killer. I haven't heard back. My OS is non stop busy, seeing a patient every 15 minutes like clockwork. If he doesn't respond by tomorrow, I will follow up with my GP about this and ask him for something to get me some relief. My GP, who I absolutely admire and respect a ton is the one who recommended my OS. Now I have to wait until November for the MRI of the hip. Once those results are in, hopefully we'll have a complete and clear diagnosis. Then I can discuss my options, assuming it is in fact H.O. with him.
The thread on the forum that I mentioned earlier made it pretty clear that if it is H.O. there's nothing much that can be done until I'm at least a year out from surgery.
I appreciate your responses, and am grateful to this forum. This place has a treasure trove full of information based on real life experience. That's pretty hard to beat.
BTW, Mojo333, I'm pretty mad at myself for not asking more questions during my pre surgical office visits. I put too much faith in the whole system thinking this was just a regular routine surgery.
Have a great week all,
Westy
He listened as I explained the whole thing and the timing of everything and concluded that this is most likely a direct result from the trauma involved from the surgery itself. Although not heard about much, he estimated that H.O. is more common than I imagined. He wouldn't put a percentage on it, but he was fairly certain about it being a direct result of the surgical procedure, which he described as "pretty barbaric"
I put in a request through the electronic massaging system we use here for an RX pain killer. I haven't heard back. My OS is non stop busy, seeing a patient every 15 minutes like clockwork. If he doesn't respond by tomorrow, I will follow up with my GP about this and ask him for something to get me some relief. My GP, who I absolutely admire and respect a ton is the one who recommended my OS. Now I have to wait until November for the MRI of the hip. Once those results are in, hopefully we'll have a complete and clear diagnosis. Then I can discuss my options, assuming it is in fact H.O. with him.
The thread on the forum that I mentioned earlier made it pretty clear that if it is H.O. there's nothing much that can be done until I'm at least a year out from surgery.
I appreciate your responses, and am grateful to this forum. This place has a treasure trove full of information based on real life experience. That's pretty hard to beat.
BTW, Mojo333, I'm pretty mad at myself for not asking more questions during my pre surgical office visits. I put too much faith in the whole system thinking this was just a regular routine surgery.
Have a great week all,
Westy


