THR Well I’ve got my 2nd hip now

it would be putting off the inevitable , so might as well get on with it...

I wholeheartedly agree! Never put off tomorrow what you can do today. And you know you have us all here for support and encouragement.

Wishing you a peaceful weekend my dear friend and hugs to Pat also.

Hugs and Kisses.jpg Izzy xx

Last edited:
@Izabel
Thanks my darling tiny friend!
Can finally get on BS now my phone is back!!!

Had a good week... sis is doing well...which is relief! She’s started going out & about.. week 4.

I’ve got my TKR pre op tomorrow... I’m sure all is fine...

I’ve felt so ‘normal’ this last few weeks (apart from knee pain) but not had to use any aids at all.
Had a doggy sheltie meet at our house on Saturday....10 shelties
and an honorary chihuahua!! Spent a few hours on the beach with them chasing each other & then back to ours for coffee & cake... so many dogs ... so lovely!!
948d70bc6725f2eff3dfbca670a766a9.jpg

401eec39601f876fa181115a856d697b.jpg

Hoping everyone is getting on well... jumping around the forum at the moment...

lots of love Chrissie xx[emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the photos! @Hoppy Nanny
I'm sure the dogs loved the doggie meet and frolicking on the beach together. It's good to hear your sis is doing well, getting out and about. I'm sorry for your knee pain. Less than three weeks now....relief is finally in sight.
Best wishes for your pre-op today!

Thanks Layla... time is going
fast ...eeeeek!!!

All the quicker you'll find relief and bounce back. You're a pro, you've got this...might as well get it over with. I'll be following your recovery on the knee side. :)
Have a great weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Hoppy Nanny

@Layla @gertie @Izabel
Thanks girls... pre op went great... no phone calls since so assume no problems!!

Will start a recovery thread nearer op & would so love to hear from you ladies... keep me sane!! Getting jittery but covering it up well!! [emoji23][emoji23].
Think the more ops.. the more fatalistic you become... this THR has been the proverbial ‘walk in the park’. Hoping the same for the knee... @gerties’s comments always keep me sane.... she’s been there.. done that... Got every T-Shirt[emoji23][emoji23]. Thanks hun xxx

Love to everyone Chrissie xx

Keep your great sense of humor and you'll do fine. Love the "Got every T-Shirt" :heehee: you silly girls, lol.
Not long now...only two more weeks, lots of time to keep stocking the freezer. :wink:
Wishing you comfort as you're waiting...will be following your journey.
Big hugs! :friends:
@Hoppy Nanny

Got every T-Shirt
I had to laugh at this because the hospital where I had all my surgeries did give out t-shirts for all but the last surgery--I have a drawer full of them. I also got tote bags. They must be cutting costs--or else thought I'd gotten more than my share already--because neither a tote bag or T-shirt this time around.

Well at least the puke basin is always pink and doubles as a dish pan..my socks were Dont Fall Yellow!:heehee:

Didn't get the puke basin, they gave me these weird little bags, had one hanging through the side rail of the bed! :rotfl:

So the puke basin has been downgraded?? The nerve! Hoppy Nanny may need to cancel her surgery if she finds this out!

Hello Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny

Love your pictures on the beach with your beautiful shelties. Wonderful that you are out there without aides! Very inspiring! Glad your post opp is behind you. T-shirt? We get a water bottle here and ugly socks. Our badges of honor I guess. My brain has apparently been working overtime with yours. Sleep is elusive lately. Will be here to support you when you start your recovery thread. Maybe we will both be settled by Christmas! Sending ❤️ sweet friend.

Ha ha loving all this talk of freebies!

‘Having the T-shirt’ is a colloquial expression here in the UK for ‘Been there.. done that & more’. @gertie actually does get T-shirts (or did)..
I actually got a grabber & a leg lifter... oh and a long shoe horn!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sarah @Fit4Family
yes!! walking without aides for the 1st time in 18 months & the knee has been uncomplaining for the past week... walking straight with only a small discernible limp... so, of course my mind is thinking.. should I do this... but I know it needs to be done before it affects the other knee too.... do I hate this body of mine sometimes... ? yes [emoji23][emoji23]

Yes, we will both be good for Christmas (or thereabouts).

I’ve got 6 social occasions booked before op... A Tom Jones tribute, A quiz night, breakfast club,Overnight in an hotel visiting friends & a Race Night..
May need a rest...

Thanks for all this fab support... it helps no end..

love Chrissie xx[emoji3590][emoji3590]

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom