THR Well I’ve got my 2nd hip now

Hello Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny

Amazing how tiny you two were. Will Pat be here posting? We will look for her if she is. So fortunate she has you to teach her all your tricks! Hope your knee is behaving. Sending lots of healing wishes for your sister. August flew by. Her date is almost here.

Happy almost weekend! We have a long holiday here. Kids are off for a four day holiday. ❤️

Thanks Sarah @Fit4Family

I am encouraging Pat @Bentley’s slave to comment on BS.. she’s a bit reluctant in case she reads anything to make her nervous[emoji23][emoji23]. Come on Pat!!! These gorgeous people will support you !!!!

Hoping you enjoy your long weekend.... used to love them when I was at work!! Enjoy retirement more though [emoji4]

My knee is ...... annoyingly holding me up ... but not for much longer!!! [emoji849].

Love & hugs Chrissie xx[emoji8][emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet! Retirement is sounding pretty incredible right about now. I will watch for Pat. I didn’t read anything until it was over. Different circumstances, but a true whimp to be sure. Still don’t like thinking about what was done in there. Lol

Hi, @Hoppy Nanny Just tell your sister to stay away from postings that have depressing titles, like, "suffering with my hip recovery" or "why did I have this miserable surgery", or that sort of thing. I remember reading a few of those before hip #1, from folks who'd had all kinds of problems and a year later were still struggling. All I could think of was, "holy moly, will this be ME?" There are lots of positive, upbeat posts she can read. Maybe you can suggest threads from the more upbeat folks for her to read?

Last edited:
Hi @Hoppy Nanny
Well, I certainly hope your sister will join us. I believe the majority are happy they do. After all, who else "gets it" like we do? Caution her to avoid threads she feels apprehensive about. She'll quickly establish who she wants to interact with and who she doesn't. Hopefully once she has her surgery on Monday she'll have questions and curiosity will get the best of her in her boredom. Please pass on her our best wishes for her THR.

I'm sorry you're struggling with your knee. I wish you comfort as you wait for your October surgery date.
Enjoy the weekend!
Hugs :friends:

Thanks ladies...Im sure she will pop in soon...

All good with hip this end.... so trying to get on with just living... the knee is such an awful pain... I keep having thoughts that I will get this knee done & something else will start!!! Trying to push those thoughts out!

Have a great weekend everyone xxxx[emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

:hi:
the knee is such an awful pain... I keep having thoughts that I will get this knee done & something else will start!!! Trying to push those thoughts out!
So sorry your knee wants to be so bothersome but I'm behind you with a push for keeping those negative thoughts pushed away.:)
Hopefully 2020 will be the year you get to jump back into your life...well, if no jumping then at least hopping back in gently...so your name will take on a whole new meaning.
Hope you have a good weekend...
Gotta get a few pre hurricane supplies, just in case.

Thanks @Mojo333

yes, I Have to stay positive & I will... just the thought of more hardware is a little disconcerting ...

My name fits perfectly with my situation... a fact that does not escape my teenage grandsons...[emoji23][emoji23] they think it’s a hoot.. bless them.

Hoping Dorian stays well away from you .... I’m getting pre-brexit supplies in[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]. One never knows!!!

Have a great weekend & stay safe ... love Chrissie xx[emoji3590][emoji3590]

:wave: Knee Grief Friend :heehee: You know these things are sent to try us ... and they do! :sad:

Hope you had a good relaxing weekend and I keep looking for Pat in the Pre-Op, but no show so far. Tell her her Guardian Angels are waiting for her with lots of encouragement, words of wisdom and support.

Catch up with you later in the week. Sending hugs and kisses ...
Petunias.gif Izzy xx

This week has been spent at the hospital with Pat, my sis after her THR. She's had a bad few days... Vomiting, nausea & pain but today she was in much better spirits. Her sugar levels were very high & she was found to have MMSI (similar to MRSA) from swab tests... So all precautions put in place.

she's going home tomorrow so hopefully will feel better able to recover at home. Funnily enough she was in the same room as I was & the nurses said they will keep it free for my knee op [emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello dear Chrissie

So pleased Pat made it through the op and I am sure she will feel more comfortable at home with you by her side. Hope you are okay.
Please give these Flowers3.jpeg to Pat and give her my best wishes. Love to you both for a peaceful weekend.

z-bom-fim-de-semana31.gif Izzy xx

Hi @Hoppy Nanny … what a blessing to have you as a Sis to help in her recovery....trusting that all goes well for her and that the infection is eradicated quickly. I see your knee surgery is coming up quickly....prayers for everything to go swimmingly xox

Thanks @Izabel.... Loved the flowers!

@Bfam85 .. Thanks for your comments....hope you are doing well...

Sis has been home since Friday but her wound keep bleeding... She's had dressings changed but now put pico line in... Otherwise she is doing great!

Had a great weekend.... My knee decided to behave whilst we went to RHS Wisley so I was able to see all I wanted to....& walk round!!!! So, my mind is saying 'should I put op off??[emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope your sister is feeling better soon, @Hoppy Nanny And how nice that the nurses kept your room available for her. Sounds like she's had a tough start to her recovery so I know she's happy to have you there for support and encouragement. But from your signature, looks like you've got a knee replacement coming up shortly, so I hope hips are doing well and you are mentally and physically prepared for the challenge of that surgery. Best of luck to you as you help your sister through these early days, and then psych yourself up for your October surgery. Is it just the one knee, or is the other one in line for a replacement as well at some point?

Hey @Hoppy Nanny
How thoughtful of you to spend time with your sister in the hospital while she was feeling so awful. I'm sure she found it most comforting. Thankfully she's in better spirits which hopefully means she's feeling better. I'll bet she quickly rebounds in the comfort of her own home once the nuisance bleeding is determined to be under control.

If your TKR is enevitable I wouldn't put it off, but instead head into the New Year feeling strong.
You can do it! :yes!: Have a lovely week. Hugs :friends:

@Hoppy Nanny, you have put in so much mentally and emotionally to postpone your surgery now...I think this time of year would be a perfect time to have your knee done and dusted in time for holiday season. Thankfully, your knee was a good girl while caring for your sister, but don't be deceived...hahaha.

Hello Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny

So glad you sister is doing better and can go home! She is lucky to have you to help her through the first few weeks. I’m so sorry that you have the knee ahead of you. It’s hard to not let more surgery get you down. I hope it provides much relief and let’s you enjoy your matching hips more. I do think the time of year is almost ideal. You should be in pretty good shape by the holidays. Sending healing vibes for Pat! ❤️

Gosh you lovely people so help! I’ve been up & down this week alternating between should I.. shouldn’t I put off the op...
However, you are all right... it would be putting off the inevitable , so might as well get on with it...

Pre-op booked for 24th September ... [emoji8]

Thanks, as always for the support.. love Chrissie x[emoji3590][emoji3590]

Hello Chrissie, :hi:
At least you know when you'll be moving forward...and that you will. Without pain :happydance:
You're wise in addressing it. Think how great you'll feel going into 2020.
Enjoy the weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Hoppy Nanny

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Nosila
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom