andpeaches
junior member
@traceys oh boy do I feel your frustration! My R TKR was in 9/13/18 and I felt so stuck the past 2 weeks until today. Today I did an honest re-evaluation of what’s changed in 1 month and I feel better. #1 I can move my R leg off bed and in and out of car with so much less pain. #2 I’m able to change position and Roll over to both sides in bed without crying in pain and get better sleep now (ok maybe 90 min max before I wake up uncomfortable- but better than every 30 min) . #3 I’m able to stand up for 15 -20 min without the pain forcing me to sit down #4 I’ve been able to cut back on my pain meds (hydrocodone) from 2 pills every 4 hrs to now 1 pill every 8 hrs, although sometimes still have to take it at 6 hrs or I do still take 2 pills before PT. My flexion is variable. When laying on PT table on belly they measure me at 70. When sitting on a bouncy ball I can push it to 100-110. My extension is always 8-9 when I first get into PT and then after the session THEY can get it down to 4. But from reading everyone’s posts here I am starting to believe that we shouldn’t be so worried about it at 4 weeks? I hope time and healing and just walking will do the job? Anyway just wanted you to know you are not alone. My best to you!
United States![[Bonesmart.org] Welcome to the September Sapphire's 2018 Knee Recovery Club! [Bonesmart.org] Welcome to the September Sapphire's 2018 Knee Recovery Club!](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/59/59823-6cceca4800a44ed914d6ff6070402ece.jpg?hash=bM7KSACkTt)