THR weak hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel fine. Doc put me on 7 days of antibiotics and today is day 4. Its a little more red but I'm hoping that 3 more days will make the difference. Trying not to think about the needle. Last night started putting a topical antibiotic on it for good measure. Thanks for asking Jaycey.
 
Hi @drinkvernors - HA, I didn't know what vernors was until I just looked it up...I never had it...i'll have to see if they sell it in NY area!! Feel better!!!
 
Thanks Toohip. Originated in Detroit 1860's. Very popular in Mich and with Mich expats.
 
Hello everybody, its been quite awhile since I posted. Hip recovery has gone very well. Ive taken a few tumbles without hurting anything. Its been almost a year and a half since surgery and I still can't sleep on that side. It doesn't hurt when I lay on it but feels like a big uncomfortable lump on that side. How long did it take you guys before you could sleep on it? You can see a lump on that side too. Is that typical? Thanks.
 
@drinkvernors glad to see you back here. I still can't sleep on either side for very long. LTHR was in 2010 and RTHR last September. Both sides just start to get achy and wake me up! No lumps though. Let's see what other members say.
 
This won't help you except maybe to convince you to ask your doc (smile), but I've slept comfortably on both sides for many, many moons now. I'm guessing that it was probably at about month three or so post-op for each of the hips, but it just kind of eased from being very aware of the site and only lasting a while to waking up and realizing I hadn't tossed and turned. I still am stiff and sore deep in the right-side joint when I'm up and walking, but it is nothing like the pre-op pain. Good luck getting this sorted out!
 
Piping in again-- I went and re-read your thread. Maybe I am just lucky for my early side-sleepability. I wonder, too, if the mattress makes a difference. I have a mattress that I love, and I bet that it plays a role in how soon things feel right for sleeping. I am also going to comment on an earlier question you had and tell you that bicycling has been great therapy for me. If you're stable enough to stand on your left leg while swinging your right over the bike, I think you'll be okay! I didn't go with the clipless (oddly named, because your shoes are definitely attached) pedals for several months because I wanted to not tip over, and I was definitely slower than I wanted to be, but I got quite a bit of strength back. Go for it! Okay, I'll quiet down now. Maybe go get some Vernor's at the store (my parents are both Michigan alumni). Funny how your name inspires Vernor's purchases!
 
Great to "see" you. I was thinking about you last night when I rolled over to my right side, and had to switch back just a few minutes later. Sometimes I can manage half an hour or so on that side. I'm good on my left side for a long time IF I position a pillow between my legs just so.

I seem to have indentations rather than lumps. Whatever all that means. :)

Sharon
 
I just read through your thread... I may have missed something, but I was wondering after reading your posts... what happened with the concern about infection? Did you have the aspiration?
 
Right you have my attention what is Vernon's is it an alcoholic drink !!!!, just a smidgen on your pad everything appears ok.
 
@forbesy Vernor's is a brand name of just the very best ginger ale (non-alcoholic) on the entire planet. It's produced in Michigan, and we proud Michiganders who were raised on it sing its praises.

Sorry, Drinkvernors, I just had to chime in. :)

Sharon
 
Well went on line to see were I could get this vernon's drink £14:00 for a pack of 12 £55:00 for postage from America think I will give this one a miss lol. We sell Crabbies ginger ale in Scotland.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom