Guest viewing is limited

THR We are home

My appetite had not been good either. Maybe it will improve once I get home
 
[Bonesmart.org] We are home
Pain meds and all that stuff they pump in you at the hospital seem to take away appetite. I could hardly eat anything for the first three weeks. But when my appetite did come back, it came back with a vengeance and I was hungry ALL the time for a while!
 
Trust me the appetite does come back! So happy for you you are well on your way. Such a good feeling!
 
Our appetite s sure do come back, don't be surprised if you are hunting protein foods... All very important for healing.

I am not a big red meat eater, but I craved lean steaks... Went with it because I knew that I needed the iron and the B12...

What about some chicken and rice soup? That is very nutritious and gentle on the tummy :)
 
Hey Nessiepie, congratulations on taking your new hip home. Be good to yourself, lots of TLC, rest and ice. Do let us know if you need anything.
 
[Bonesmart.org] We are home
Just being there makes you feel better than ever. Relax, take everything easy, be very good to that brand new hip, follow the BoneSmart mantra and keep us posted.

We care.
[Bonesmart.org] We are home
 
Glad you got through it nessie, just take things easy and mind and ice and rest.

Billy
 
We are home. I am beyond exhausted. Happy to be home. I know the next journey is beginining. Ohboy :dancy:
 
[Bonesmart.org] We are home
You are now in the wonderful world of recovery. Get yourself lots of rest, stay ahead of the pain, ice a lot, and keep activity to a minimum and exercise slow and easy.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] We are home
 
There is no place like your own bed, house and your own food. Remember to Rest, Elevate, Ice, and Pain Control. If you need to ask a question please come on and ask away. Be patient with your new replacement and it will take care of you. Tashia
 
nessiepie Welcome home. This is your first of many milestones on your recovery journey!!! It sounds like you're doing well.

You may notice that I have merged your latest thread with your original recovery thread. We like to keep each members updates, comments, questions and concerns in a single thread. This way readers can get your entire story in one place. Plus it is MUCH easier for us to review what you've been through when offering support or advice. So please post here in this thread. If you decide at some point that you'd like a different title, just post what you want it to be here. We'll get it changed for you.

Now....rest, stay out of pain, and let's get this recovery train rollin'!!
 
Glad your home nessie! Im so relieved you finally got it done. The past couple months has flown by for me. I forget there was ever anything wrong with me lol. Do you exercises dont be afraid of taki. G the good pain meds there is a good prescription nausea medicine you can take with the narcotics it will help. And ice packs work great. Im so freaking happy for you.
 
Hi nessiepie congratulations on accomplishing your surgery and discharge Yay!!!! I am sorry if I have not posted sooner my own discharge was yesterday lthr - anterior.
I have vowed to eat healthier after seeing the importance of bowel movement and less weight generally making life easier . I found if I actually did do as the professionals suggested including those small pt exercises and ate a high fibre diet with plenty of greens veggies and fruit also that I could avoid additional drugs for constipation from the meds .

It is so lovely to be in a true place of rest now and have the surgery behind is isn't it?!! As poppet described it too am finding I am craving lean red meat constantly with salad also . Nothing heavy , I can't wait to reclaim my health back with effort and time .

As for all the sensations isn't it a miracle how every day there is that little noticeable difference of slightly less heavy feeling in leg, I have found only eight days post op I can raise my knee when lying flat on the bed - as in bend my operated leg up with my normal leg which is something I could not do for 8 yrs!!! But the burning in my knees omg!!!

How often are you going to do pt at this stage?

All the best and keep us posted xxxx
 
Good to be home Nessie, now is the time to rest, elevate, ice and keep ahead with your pain meds - well done... Let the recovery begin :)
 
Thank you everyone. Yes constipation has still been a issue. I am on Coumadin so I can't have spinach salad
I am craving :cry: but chicken soup sounds good too :ok: pain has been managable. My biggests frustrations are my bed . I have memory foam mattress so getting up has been challenging and annoying. How long does the heavy leg last?.

The PT & The nurse came the first time today. I couldn't wait to get a nap in after. I tire very easily. It feels great to finally onthis side. :yes!:
 
Nessiepie eat everything and anyhtin colourful as in all your salads, greens fruit and vegies and i promise you will throw away the meds for bowel movement. They almost gave me suppositoroes because i was so constipated until the wonderful nutritionist of the hospital paid me a visit and got real with me and said darling if you dont eat right you will not get better!!! Each your vegies and fruit and you will see, and water water water!!.

I promise each day the heavy feeling will go, the first couple of days are quite hard and your thinking what the hell!?!, but then like magic one day you notice it doesnt hurt as much and your gait is a lot straighter and when eventually youstart your pt you will feel strong again. It is AMAZING!!!!!. :yahoo:

Napping was all i did for the fiirst four days, dont feel bad let your precious body regenerate.

In a couple of weeks you will be telling me about your physio accomplishments and how strong you feel once again!!!

One miracle day at a time:flwrysmile:
 
Hi Nessipie and stargirl,

I wanted to check in with my Bonesmarties who had surgery close to me. I don't think I'd seen your posts for a few days, stargirl. My hospital had wireless, and I spoiled myself with an iPad, so no heavy lifting! And I was able to say how wonderful it was that they found my pain and fixed it.

And Nessipie, there are good and bad days still. My surgery was on the 21st, stargirl, the 23rd, and you are the 25th.

As far as bowels, my Dr. put me on some bowel blaster med with Colace and Senna. Kept things moving, but gives me stomach cramps. My friend, who's helping me made me salads and left a wonderful fruit bowel, which are easier on the gut.

My DVT precautions have been a fiasco. What are your Dr's having you do? Mine only uses Asprin, but makes you use TED stockings for 6 weeks!!! On top of that, I found I was mismeasured. I'm 5'5" and about 150 lbs, and they had me in a medium. I had a lot of swelling above the top, and when my Home Health Nurse measured, I'm a medium at the ankle, and x-large at the thigh (no surprise). Just curious what your Dr's are doing, as mine would let me get away with two weeks if I spent $200 renting home calf pumps, but 6 weeks if not. Felt like a racket.

But good to see both of you back and on the other side. And stargirl, it sounds lie you're reaping the benefit of an Anterior. Good! I'm thrilled my surgery fixed my problem, but the healing is slower. I was almost driving by now, but it's going to be a couple more weeks this time.

Happy you're on the other side,

T.H.
 
Hi TH , Sg & everyone. I am wearing the Ted hose during the day. I am also on Coumadin so I
Can't do green veggies yet. I broke down and ate some prunes and that helped. Today was the first day I have felt kinda like myself. Day by Day :egypdance:
 
Well today is the one week anniversary for me. Got the elimination thing underway. No Norco forthe last day or so I think that was the key. However I am verrrrry tired. The PT said I am doing fine. A little down. :umm:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom