Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Goodness, for some reason i thought your daughter was a nurse or something.
Well my wife is Nurse Practitioner, but that holds less sway than a Doctor.
 
It happens, I just got a bad hand dealt to me, fell in that unfortunate percentage group.
I will continue to endure until I get this fixed once and for all. I did tell the OS nurse I was really skeptical about seeing a OS that has only been there for a year, referring to the guy that has an appointment tomorrow. Told him I wanted this fixed right since Dr. Hodges has done all he can at his level. Hope I didn't insult him, didn't mean to.
Plus this Anderson just got out of residency in 2011 and fellowship in 2013, I doubt he has many revisions under his belt.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@wberry
so, so, so sorry you're going through all this. I've finished reading your entire thread (gotta admit parts of it are harder to get through than others) and hope that the diligence and you've shown from day 1 will get you through this latest challenge so you and your new, improved knee can live comfortably ever after.
 
I would like that more than anything else. I still have big plans for getting back more active again and I refuse to give those up.
 
I didn't want to claim my condition was in the break or tear category, because it probably is not.
It's near enough! Don't be a hero, ring back and tell her it is!
So should I go with the new guy and get in tomorrow or stick with the experience one and keep trying for a cancellation to get in mealier?
Stick with the experience. You don't want to be part of the new guy's learning curve.

Maybe all it was was scare tissue
I think you mean scar tissue though it is scare-y!
 
Will have to call them back tomorrow.
I have no problem with sticking with experience. if I have to I'll wear a brace for a month.
Yes I meant scar tissue
 
What does your scar look like?
I hope your doing all right. My prayers is with you... I know you been through a mess!!


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
It is healed, but it is wide bump with some flat areas. OS said it shouldn't be swollen like it is at this point or have water on the knee. So I think he beloved me about something being wrong, that's why I am getting another opinion and a revisionist.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
See my pic I posted earlier in my thread. Mine has bumps on it and it sucks. But hopefully it will get better soon.

I do hope you find some answers and get relief soon. Best luck. .


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
It is healed, but it is wide bump with some flat areas. OS said it shouldn't be swollen like it is at this point or have water on the knee. So I think he beloved me about something being wrong, that's why I am getting another opinion and a revisionist.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum



I am so with ya. Have swollen pockets on side. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I'll chime in on sticking with the experienced surgeon. Please don't panic, although I know that is easier said than done when you're in pain. You're doing the best thing by keeping off the knee as much as possible. And you are really working hard to get those other appointments set up. Sometimes it just takes maddening amounts of time waiting. Sorry.....but you'll get there!!!
 
Well my OS nurse said the doctor hasn't heard of the physician in KC. But he had no objections to me seeing him also. I will sign a release and they will get the records sent to him. Plan to do that Monday.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am wondering what happen to the records I faced to KC last week now. Do they ignore stuff not coming from a doctor?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Call the office and ask if they received your fax. You have to follow up and be a squeaky wheel to get answers.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Already did, they said they haven't received it. Even though I have the report from the fax machine showing it was revived.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Call the office and verify you have the right fax number then, send it again, then call immediately to be sure they have the fax.
I went through this last week with a lawyers office, stayed on the phone with the office, until they found the fax.

I went through similar frustrations when I was seeking second opinions, took forever.
 
Just called and ended up with his nurses voice mail, asked about the fax, the number, and if I could get a call back. Called Wichita again, still no earlier openings.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom