Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Hey haut reading your thread. Did u have partial or full?

Your knee sounded like mine did. See my video in my thread. Oh I was a wreck. And it was making recovery hard on me. And I was hurting my self more with the knee cap pop and moving.

Best luck to you. That pop was driving me mad. I had to get sexing opinion. And I did. But doc would have made me wait and start over. And I could not do that. Was in agony.
So went see reg doc and with him have students in room and him swing agony. And take X-ray proved I was in a mess.

I fill for you. The revision helped me. I have lots weird pains. But was cause knees was so bad before. I hope he will help you. Xxxx to ya.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I had a Total Knee Replacement. My doc just sent me back to PT with special instructions to build quads. Clunking is still there, and PT is trying to calm down the part that hurts while still working on the quads.

My knee before TKR was in bad shape. Weird thing is, this didn't start until swelling went down. Now it's a regular problem. Even when I sleep at night, if I move the knee wrong it catches and the pain on side of knee cap hits me. I am thinking about second opinion also.
 
@Jamie or @Josephine Update with a few questions.
So we continue to try to tighten the knee up and strengthen the quads.
I have noticed some things I do not have good answers for:
1. When I stand and shift from one leg to the other, like a side by side rock, the operative knee, I can feel it literally drop when I let weight off it onto the other leg. When it does that the knee cap pulls down with it. Is this a sign of loosening?
2. As I continue to walk on it, I get soreness on the right side of the knee cap. The more I walk, the sorer it gets, it is sore to the touch also.
3. At night when I bend the knee while on my side, I hit a sore point in the bend, It is not at the limit of my ROM, but half way there.
4. There is mild tenderness below the knee right where the bottom plate joins to the bone, it gets worst if I stand on it a lot.
I still have 2 more weeks before I see the OS or the PA. Are there any reference documents in the forum on these issues?
 
1. When I stand and shift from one leg to the other, like a side by side rock, the operative knee, I can feel it literally drop when I let weight off it onto the other leg. When it does that the knee cap pulls down with it. Is this a sign of loosening?
I wouldn't have thought so. Sounds more like a leg length differential to me. When you stand evenly on both feet, does one leg seem longer than the other?
2. As I continue to walk on it, I get soreness on the right side of the knee cap. The more I walk, the sorer it gets, it is sore to the touch also.
3. At night when I bend the knee while on my side, I hit a sore point in the bend, It is not at the limit of my ROM, but half way there.
4. There is mild tenderness below the knee right where the bottom plate joins to the bone, it gets worst if I stand on it a lot.
Can you tell me the exact site of these three areas using this chart?
Please note the instructions in the smaller image

[Bonesmart.org] Wberry knee is up<


[Bonesmart.org] Wberry knee is up<
 
Oh bless your heart. I had some of the same problems. And I ended up with revision. I was told the soreness was from the opposite side of replace was damaged.

I don't know what uour would say. And I had a lot of clunking which was not normal. I wish you the best.... I hope that you can get some answers to help. Xxxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
When you stand evenly on both feet, does one leg seem longer than the other?

Let's see, I stand and it's hard to tell. If I lift the right leg, operative, the part below the kne, I can feel it drop inside the knee joint.

Pain on knee cap is always in the same area D-RF1. The sour area below the knee is E-RF1 to RF2. It gets sorer as the day goes on, it is less in the morning and I have moderate sensitivity later in the day. The pain subsides by morning.

The knee cap does a slide and catch and the three clunks. I can feel it rise up on the underside and the sore are is in the same spot D-RF1. I have been icing it regularly when it flares up. It is sour along the right side of the knee cap D-RF1.

The pain levels on the knee cap is around 3. When I step up and put strain on the knee to do stairs the pain is sharper up to 8-9. When I wear the wrap brace the PT asked me to try it lessens the pull or push that causes the pain under and to the side of the knee cap.

@Josephine please let me know if I have provide the information you needed.

Thanks
 
See my video in thread. And see if that is what ya knee does.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Angel1978, this is scary to me. I don't want to go through this again unless I have no other choice. Did the do a revision because of the problem? How is your knee now? Are the original issues gone?
 
@Angel1978, this is scary to me. I don't want to go through this again unless I have no other choice. Did the do a revision because of the problem? How is your knee now? Are the original issues gone?



I had the partial knee Dec,1,2014 by Dec,18,2014 maybe a few day before. I had lots pain burn and would throw me forward. It start Popping and lock and making me fall. I was a mess. This sight helped me get a 2nd opinion. I did not go with the doc cause I would have had to wait longer.

Went back to my reg doc was honest. Said I'm in agony. X-rays confirmed. So he agreed to do convert to full which is revision. Yes there was a problem. Much like yours. Clunk and you could move it. And it was scary to me. I would bend it out and my video show Pop lock.

I did not want to do it again. I had not any other choice cause I was in so much agony. Was get to point where walk was getting dangerous.

But as far as the revision. There is a few issues. I am nock knee. I do have pain. But each day it's easing up. As far as all the other bad pain lock and throw me coward No it's good and I don't have them issues. I just have low bend and extension. But I was up there. Which I'm not worried about it. I do have sore areas in my knee mainly left side of right leg. Know the right side of right leg is numb in areas still.

Sleep is issue for me. I can olny sleep for a while. I have restless leg know in that leg. But I must keep in mind my leg was really bad bone to bone before partial. And I admit revision helped. I'm not where j want to be. But he is happy.


My prayers is for u!!! Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Yes thank you - a very fulsome explanation.

So these are your areas of pain/soreness?

[Bonesmart.org] Wberry knee is up<


From what you've described, the green area and the pain you experience certainly hints to me of a loosening.

Remind me, have you had a second opinion? If not, I strongly suggest you seek one.
What does your current surgeon have to say about this? Have you reported it to him?
 
I think I need to have more patience in this recovery. It bothers me that folks who are not as fare along as me at my job and at church have no issues at all. I have to remember that my knee was in pretty bad shape, my quads severely weakened by the off-loader brace and the original damage and scopes i had on it. I spent time talking to my PT for a while and she felt that I should give it more time to see if things tighten up and with strengthening. I am only a little short of 4 months out. By 6 months I will know for sure if this problem is more or less a serious issue or not. That's just my take on this, unless you folks think I am making a bad call. @referee54 always counseled me to be patient and give this recovery time to work. I for one do not like the idea of getting cut open again unless there is no other option. So by the end of the summer I will know for sure I guess. Perhaps @Josephine or @Jamie will get back on their request with some better advice for me, or even others. I appreciate comments I have seen, and it gives me some things to think about. I had pretty high hopes for the TKR and I am not giving up on it. Trying to stay pessimistic and positive in the long run. I see my OS on July 13, I will ask him the same questions I have asked here and of my PT, I will relate what I have observed. I am wondering if I should ask about getting a second opinion at this appointment though. What do you folks think?
 
From what you've described, the green area and the pain you experience certainly hints to me of a loosening.

Remind me, have you had a second opinion? If not, I strongly suggest you seek one.
What does your current surgeon have to say about this? Have you reported it to him?

Wow @Josephine, your certainly fast responding. The D-RF1 area hurts on three occasions:
1. When I do steps or exert on that leg to press down with weight and up, I get the sharp pain on the side of the knee cap and below it.
2. When I lay down in bed and on my side bend the knee, I feel an area grab and hurt a little until I get past that point.
3. When I have walked on it a while the area aches along the sides of the knee cap in that spot.
When I walk it feels like the knee cap slides up and drops down like it is rising and falling, but at a funny angle that tilts up and out in that same area. I think that is the clunking I feel up my leg.

The green area is the soreness area that gets more sore as the day goes on or when I stand for a while on the knee. I can touch it and it is sore, I usually end up icing and massaging it. There have been a couple of times when I felt a lump or two, so I massages then down.

No, I have not had a second opinion, I started looking for other OS, but besides this group, which is the only one in town i will have to go to Topeka, Wichita or Kansas City. Should I seek one of the other surgeons in the group or go elsewhere? Does anyone have a good recommendation for the locations I have mentioned in Kansas?

What has the OS said about this. Well this is the point I get a little concerned. I have been told that the knee is where he expects it to be at this point in my recovery. That the sounds he here when he manipulates it are normal. I also got a long explanation about replacing soft, cushion biological parts with plastic and metal. When I talked to the PA, I said, but why is it hurting, I thought it was not supposed to hurt, and he agreed with me. That's when he went and got the OS and he said the same thing, but then mentioned we need to get your quads strengthened and lets give it another 6 weeks. Then he said something about doing a release and cleaning things up inside. I had no idea what he thought he might release or what he might clean up. Thus I became more worried and had visions of my knee once again getting cut open and another recovery period and time away from work again.

Hope this all makes since. Thanks in advance.
 
I would. Cuz it's a mess when your in agony. I have to why second opinion again. Cause mine is acting dumb. And this is revision. Popping again. And move side side back forth and I can fill it. Lots pain. Grrrr.

Enough about me. The recovery is hard. But when there is a problem the longer you wait te more damage that can be done. . Please listen to Josephine. She knows best. It's not fare to you to suffer. Xxxxx
 
No, I have not had a second opinion, I started looking for other OS, but besides this group, which is the only one in town i will have to go to Topeka, Wichita or Kansas City. Should I seek one of the other surgeons in the group or go elsewhere?
When it comes to your health and your lifestyle, I would seek a second opinion from another group---out of town, if you have too. Normally "birds of a feather" tend to think alike within the group of doctors, so I would see if you can get into another OS's practice and let him look at it.

Before you get opened up again---I would make sure that another person, with another perspective, takes a look at your knee.
 
I agree with him!!!
I am in the same boat and I have to go again for my 2nd opinion again. Already had one with partial before convention/revision. So just a mess.
The knees is no joke.I learned the hard way...

Ask on here for help finding one. Jamie found me one and I'm going for the second time.

Take care of your self. Don't let your self suffer any longer than you have to. Cause the agony olny causes heartbreaks.

Best reguards,prayers for you. Angel


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Jamie @ski girl would u help this sweet guy with some answers. Can you hook hi, up with some one who can ease his mind. I don't know what to say. I know he is in a mess. And it's not fare to him. And we all need to be here for him. It's a mental strain when we don't know what to do.



I believe a 2nd opinion would ease your mind. But if there is bad news just know that it's the reason you went. Don't trust some one who may have hurt you. I did till I ended up in a mess... And I had to make a choice cause I was in agony and could not wait any longer. My own fault. We learn from mistakes. When in doubt do seek help. It will keep you from being in a emotional wreck. Xxxxx I hope you can get some answers soon.


FaithMitchmommyPKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad honey. We all family here. I can relate to. Just awaiting on mine. Xxxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Back
Top Bottom