Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Thanks.
Are you happy with the results of your surgery? I am going to see my OS on the 13th. I will set appointment for second opinion after that one.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks.
Are you happy with the results of your surgery? I am going to see my OS on the 13th. I will set appointment for second opinion after that one.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Well, as you know, I'm about two months behind you since my surgery was on May 1 so I'm still dealing with the little issues like a sore IT band, a few spots still healing, etc. But I walked out of the hospital with only a cane and haven't used that since about the 2nd week. I walk without limping and am finally sleeping well . So yes, I am happy with the surgery and found my surgeon very approachable. If I have a simple question that needs answering, I can e-mail him and he or his nurse get back to me on the same day. When I need my second knee done, I will definitely use him.

Roxie
 
Update time!
Well something new. As I am on my knee or prop it up for a while I have pain on the front down where the bottom plate goes in and on the right side. This is totally new to me. The triple clink seems a bit louder and the knee cap jumps on each step still. Two more weeks of PT and I see the OS.

Anyone know what that pain is where the bottom plate joins the bone. When I wake after a nights sleep it is usually gone.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well, being a relative newbie, I sure don't have any answers for you but it sounds off to me. Praying for answers for you, my Kansas friend.

Roxie
 
Well something new. As I am on my knee or prop it up for a while I have pain on the front down where the bottom plate goes in and on the right side. This is totally new to me. The triple clink seems a bit louder and the knee cap jumps on each step still. Two more weeks of PT and I see the OS.

Anyone know what that pain is where the bottom plate joins the bone. When I wake after a nights sleep it is usually gone.
I wonder if @Josephine has any suggestions?
 
See my video in thread. That's what mind did.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
It's on my thread page 7. This is the clunk I had. I had same pain as you.
 
Anyone know what that pain is where the bottom plate joins the bone.
Can you tell me the exact site of your pain using this chart so I can get a better idea of this?

Please note the instructions in the smaller image

[Bonesmart.org] Wberry knee is up<


[Bonesmart.org] Wberry knee is up<
 
I hate that your having so much trouble. Wish you the best of luck.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Thanks @Josephine,

Let me start by giving a detailed account of the pain and when it appears:
1. In the morning there is no pain.
2. Once I start walking the knee cap clunks and I get the three catches, after a period of about 2 minutes of this the side and below the knee cap starts hurting and the swelling starts and it helps mask the pain from that. (this you already know about and they are trying to address with PT)
3. What follows is the sore ache and gradually increasing pain below the knee in area E_RF1 to RF2 and also on the side in E_RF1. The more i walk the ore soreness I feel, until I get to the point it starts to really get sore and i usually stop. Thus my normal walking is often abbreviated. Pain levels start at around 3 and start rising until they get top 7-8 and I usually stop and sit.
4. When I come down stairs and my operative leg bends I feel it more sharply, if i have my leg propped up either straight, UI feel it more in the front, if sideways on the right side I feel it on the side. if I leave it that way for an extended period it gets really sore on the side.

I have mentioned this to the PT and she wrote down i feel looseness in the joint. To me it feels like where the bottom plat goes into the lower bone, I either have excessive rubbing, or something is giving or coming apart down there as I use it more and more. So I am concerned that this entire situation with the clunking and now this might all be related to a greater problem of instability, looseness and possibly a failing implant where it mounts to my lower bone. I have no idea what is going on and it has basically caused me to hit major walls in my recovery.

I even have my boss asking why I am still in PT and why my recovery is taking so long compared to my coworker, the one that came back after 2 weeks. I had already told him every knee is different, but I added that I have some looseness issue and I am fighting to keep from having them go back in for another surgery. Regardless I am already panning to get a second opinion no matter what my OS says next week. I am a little miffed with him because of what he said about this is all normal with an artificial knee. I'm sorry, this is worst than what i had before the surgery, my knee cap didn't catch like this and hurt, I didn't get sharp pains, and I didn't have areas below the knee start hurting as I walk on it more and more.
 
@Angel1978 you mentioned a video, where is it in your thread?

Okay, I see it, wow, your knee caps shifts literally. mine doesn't shift, the catch and clunk is more in line. The knee is still swollen so i more feel than see the catching as it happens. I feel like do an initial clunk after the knee has bent when I walk and then when I move the bring the operative leg forward after weight baring, I get the initial clunk, then a grind and then another clunk clunk. It is always when the leg is non weight baring. pain is always in the same place under and the side of the knee cap. And the effect is jarring, because I feel it up my leg. My wife says she can't hear it, but I do or at least the sensation I feel and hear in my ears. This is so frustrating to explain to my OS, next week is going to be a challenge for me to keep my temper.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mine does that know. That's odd. I hope all goes well for you and you get answers.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Thank you wberry - very fulsome and helpful history. I'd like you to take a look at this article and see if it fits in anyway Hoffa's Syndrome.
 
@Josephine this syndrome is close to the pain in the knee cap. I am assuming that the catching is what is causing the irritation and inflammation, thus the repeated injury. I just did a walk across campus and my knee cap is sore and painful to the touch on the right upper side of the knee cap. I am trying to rub it out, but one spot in particular is really sensitive to the touch. It seems to be located on the underside of the knee cap wrapping to the side E/RF1-RF2.

Unfortunately this doesn't cover the new issue below the knee on the front and sides. I am really scared that I may have some loosening going on there and causing this.

I really really don't want to have to go through a revision already. The experience of the TKN recovery is enough to give anyone pause.

Do you have an idea about the pain below the knee and on the sides. It starts after walking for a while or stressing the joint for a while. As I continue the soreness gets worst. Yesterday I spent 45 min rubbing and icing the area below the knee joint and the side. I remember my OS asked if I had pain on the side of the knee. At the time I did not, now I do on a daily basis. Why o why do I have to fall into this percentage group with issues. I have no idea when I can afford to take extended time off if this needs a revision.

Starting to get depressed
 
Got the release form to request my medical records today. They charge 10.00 for the request and then .63 per page up to first 250 pages. You'd think I could pick them up copy them and return them. I told them i might try to file a claim through the VA, didn't want them to know I was going to get a second opinion yet.

Question, when I see my OS on Monday, after we talk, should I tell him I want to go get a second opinion? And how do you do it in such a way as to not offend or insult.
 
I am a honest person. I am not telling my OS. Simply because I am ashamed of how I've been done. And the incident here recent proves to me. I should have went elsewhere. But I'm Sure he/she know cause they have to be the one to release. But that in Ky!!! Best luck.

Do u have your apt? I do for mine. I know you may not want to go through it again. If it happonds that you have to. But need the think of getting life back for family. My hub is ill so I need to be in best shape for him.... Xxxx to you.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
It seems to be located on the underside of the knee cap wrapping to the side E/RF1-RF2.
Yes, that sounds like it. You need to see a surgeon who knows how to treat it.
Unfortunately this doesn't cover the new issue below the knee on the front and sides. I am really scared that I may have some loosening going on there and causing this.
No, that's not loosening. The spot you describe is the lower end of the IT band, a very common place to get tendinitis But don't forget, just because it's sourced on the IT band, doesn't mean the adjacent tissues aren't sharing in the inflammation!

[Bonesmart.org] Wberry knee is up<


Question, when I see my OS on Monday, after we talk, should I tell him I want to go get a second opinion?
Certainly not! For one thing it's none of his business and for another, why risk getting him riled and/or offended!
 
I do think you need that second opinion. Pick one of the surgeons at Dickson-Diveley and go....if for no other reason than to ease your mind. You're not going to have peace from anything your current surgeon tells you. You need a different set of eyes on your knee.
 
Back
Top Bottom