THR WalkagainV is walking again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
walkagainV Sorry to hear about your fall at work.It must have given you quite a shock at the time but its good news that you haven't damaged your hip but this swelling is a real nuisance when all other aspects of your recovery were going well.I hope you get some answers very soon.Please let us know.
 
walkagainV Good that they're looking onto that swelling, and maybe palazzo pants will suddenly come back into fashion till you have it under control...:heehee: I haven't been to Sandbridge since before kids, and as a matter of fact we haven't been to the beach at all since we moved here, what's with that?! Nice walking, I'm glad you enjoyed it. More walks this fall, eh?
Too funny about the timing of your AARP card in the mail...I never bothered to join, AAA gives the same benefits plus the things we know and love AAA for LOL.
I'm doing well-- I seem to be needing more ice because of more activity, so I hope I can keep the little aches and niggles under control! And lose this 8 lbs, grrrrr:hairpulling:
 
Poppet... my cuts and bruises are healing well. My leg was really swollen last night.... felt like I was sitting on a piece of steel :( I have another follow-up appt today with the surgeon.

Thank you so much for checking on me!
 
walkagainV Valarie, sorry about the swelling, but i guess if that and the total embarrassment are all you have to pay, it won't be so bad, huh :) Let us know what the OS says!
 
My surgeon is still mystified by the amount of swelling and tenderness. All blood work came back fine. CRP (C-Reactive Protein... the amount of inflammation in the body) was a little higher than normal, but nothing drastic. He now wants me to have bone scans and Indium scans. If those light up, he wants to do an ultrasound and see if they can get anything out to test.
To be honest, I'm not sure I want to go through all that. I know that because I'm a Breast Cancer survivor, that he's being careful... and that he's also making sure there isn't infection, but I'm kind of over all the testing. Financially, I'm broke... I already pay $500-600 a month on all my medical bills.

Today I started back on low-carb... and at the weekend, I started my walking again. Kill or cure :)

Thank you for all your concern!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Valarie
 
Well, great news... I believe the swelling has gone down a little.

I've been walking like crazy 1-2 miles a day, and Saturday I went to a kick boxing class and made it all the way through!!! I didn't do any of the high impact stuff, but I honestly didn't think I would be able to do the whole class. I told the instructor before the class started that I had had a total hip replacement 4 months before and that I would probably just march in place when I couldn't keep up. But didn't have to :) I was so happy.

I never would have believed it if some one had told me that I would be walking and kick boxing less than 4 months after hip replacement!! :dancy:
 
walkagainV congrats on your recovery and new job. The fall is not a good thing, but that worked out well. Keep a positive attitude. Peace be with you
 
walkagainV I'm so glad the swelling is going down. I hear you about all that testing (and the paying for it:yikes: )-- maybe when they see it resolving itself, they will hold off testing?

That kickboxing class (not to mention your walking) is stupendous. Sounds like it made you very happy, so I hope it didn't "bite back", and that you've been able to take another one since then.

How have you fared in the storms? My basement/garage flooded two times in the past two weeks-- this rain can please go somewhere it's needed, eh? At one point we had our own personal thunderstorm right in the back yard-- scary!!!
 
zauberflöte.... I did not go ahead with the testing. They called to schedule and I just didn't answer my phone :) If it gets worse, or doesn't go away in a couple of months, then I will have to break down and get it done.

I am faring well after Kick Boxing... my arms felt like noodles :) My other leg hurt more than the hip replacement, and I did have a little swelling on the incision. But, I think its a little better. I'm not going to let it stop me. I'm determined :)

Yes, those storms have been something else!! They are calling for some bad storms again around 3pm today :(

Take care... I hope you are doing well!

Valarie
 
walkagainV you had mentioned that you had a double mastectomy done, how long ago was this? And you are aware of the women's cancer act o 1998 correct? I am glad that your kick boxing is going well, this leads me to hope that I will be able to go back to my physical fitness kick.
 
randy62...My double mastectomy was in 2011. I am aware of the act that says insurance companies have to pay for reconstruction. But, I still have to pay my deductible and 20% :( Trust me, it's like another car payment, and that's without the hip replacement.

If you were active before, you will get it back. I started with a gym yesterday (they did me a deal of $50 for 60 days :) The owner is a breast cancer survivor, so I think she gave me a good deal :angel:
How are you doing with your recovery? You are the same age as me. What month is your birthday?
 
walkagainV had my last Dr appt yesterday all restrictions were lifted, checked out my rt hip and said I have a good couple of years left on that one. I want to go back into working out slowly. Last fall/ winter I did the 100 burpees in 100 days challenge and I know that I am in no shape what so ever ready to do that this year. I want to work back to that but that is a goal for next year maybe depending if I can do the squat portion of it. Otherwise it will be just elevated push ups and crunches until I am more stable on my legs my weight lifting is over with. Okay sorry for being long winded peace be with you
 
randy62 - Wow... I'm impressed! That's awesome!

I can't do squats right now, but that's because of my right knee...not my left hip replacement. In fact, since I've been back working out, my left leg is less painful than my right....weird! But, its probably because I have a brand new hip on the left and the right has all 51 year old bones :)

I'm going to do some strength training today. Yesterday I did 5 miles on a stationary bike and 2 miles on an Elliptical. My legs were like jelly afterwards :)

So, if I can do it... you sound like you're in better shape than me, so I know you'll be able to do it!

Happy recovering!
Valarie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom