TKR VW's new joint venture

I am so sorry to hear about your new pain. I hope it has gotten better and/or you figured out the cause so as not to repeat it. I think you are doing wonderfully. I can't wait to hear a reports about your rehab/spa/PT experience.
 
@kmak81230 That's funny about the bunks. You just reminded me of something. When I go back to work it's kind of like going to camp. The planes I work on have bunks for us to take our breaks in for the overseas flights. One particular aircraft has both top and bottom bunks. The top one you have to hoist yourself up into but it's easier to get out of. The bottom bunks are level with the floor. The lower bunks have always been the hardest for me because of getting up off the floor with my bum knees. That's another test I will need to pass before I can go back to work!
 
Oh boyohboy...Just today I was joking w my lady friends that I haven't purposely sat on the floor for over a year!... Last time, lying on the beach and getting up was an ordeal. I felt like one of those turned over turtles. DH had to help me most every time. ..and that I wonder how it will go when we're supposed to do on the matt exercises.
Good luck @flyaway!
 
It's not the most appealing looking way to get up, but I turn over and get on all fours, with my butt up in the air and walk up with my hands. I've had to do it this way for over 20 years. Not pretty, but gets me up!
 
You do need to learn how to get up off the floor. Who knows? You could have a fall and need to get up.

Last year, when my husband was away, I had a flood in my kitchen. In the middle of the night, by torchlight, I had to go out and lie down on my driveway, to turn off the water main. If I hadn't been able to do that, my entire house would have been flooded, not just the kitchen.

Ask your PT to show you how, and to work out the best way for you.
 
Oh Celle, I think I would've called "Ghostbusters!" You have the true, pioneer spirit!
 
I had to call an outfit called "After Disaster" when morning came. But at the time (3 a.m.) I woke up a good neighbour - he is the best neighbour we could have. He and I were paddling in my kitchen, mopping up as much water as we could. In spite of what we did, the water got into the bottom of my kitchen cupboards and warped some of the wood, which had to be replaced.
 
Water damage is just the pits Celle; ugh! At 3 a.m., even worse. The only related thing I've experienced was waking up at roughly the same time as you with rain in my face; fun! I've never seen my husband move so fast in our lives. We both looked like action-figures, springing out of bed, dashing to the kitchen for buckets and then running up the attic stairs like two possessed. Aaaah, to be young again, lol.
 
I had, had my first kneecap removed and I was in an immobilizer. The hose to the dishwasher busted, and of course, my then husband was at work. I had water everywhere and had to get down and shut off the water to the hot water to get it to stop running water. Then I had to get all that water up, when I can barely walk. It's amazing what we can do when we have to. When we have adrenaline flowing, we can do so many things we normally wouldn't be able to do. The body is an amazing thing!

Of course, I paid for it big time for about 3 days! The bed was my best friend. They didn't know about ice back then, so all I had was elevation and pain pills.
 
My goodness! Yes it's a great idea. I did ask my Physiotherapist to teach me how to get up off the floor if I fall down. That was pre op.
I think we forgot that. Must ask him next Friday.

Now for something completely different:
I just finished listening to a radio programme on anaesthetic medicine.
There's a team of docs at the eye clinic here using sounds to alleviate pain.
Then I suddenly remembered what my SIL had recommended a decade ago when I had really bad toothache pain and that on a long weekend.
Aside from clove essential oil, she said 174Hz sound alleviates pain. (She runs a sound studio)
YouTube wasn't around so she made a 10 min tape for me.
Now that kind of sound exists on YouTube.
Some are 10 minutes, some longer.
I just tried it out and it left me with a good feeling. Not sure how much pain it relieved because I am still sitting down. :-)
For what it's worth.
 
@VW54, that's intriguing! I've always found music to be helpful when feeling poorly. How does one know if the music or sounds are at the recommended 174Hz? I don't think I've ever been aware of those kinds of stats listed anywhere on an album?
 
What do you do with the clove essential oil? I always stick cloves in a ham, but doubt that would have any effect.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom