THR Vet girl is a hippie !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ache usually happens when I've done too much!!!!

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

To tell you the truth , when out for the walk yesterday I met someone I knew on the way and was standing talking to them for 15 minutes and didn't include that in the time I was out , I think it wasn't the time walking but the total time out on my feet . I need to be honest with myself around exercise because my body certainly will :rotfl:
 
Sounds like things are going well Vetgirl. So happy you got to ditch the crutches!
 
Glad to hear you are doing so well!!!

Enjoy your time off and just use it to get stronger and father along with your recovery. I go back to work next Friday... I work in an office so pretty much sitting in front of a computer all day.

I have that same swelling under my scar, I call it my "Marilyn Monroe" hip! :heehee: I had to explain why, to the OS's intern, he's a young one, SMH....ha ha ha.

Keep up the great recovery, and it was so nice to hear you are doing so well!!
 
Thanks sunsetbiking calikat and PDH63

I'm happy with my recovery and am not going to succumb to the pressure I'm feeling from work to go back :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

He's trying to ring my Dr about specifics....not sure if he thinks I'm not being honest or ???

It's so hard to explain the energy drain to people who haven't gone through it isn't it??????
 
I am not sure if anyone who has not experienced it either first hand or as a helper/family can really get it.
 
Vetgirl it sounds like your hospital has a great post operative program.
 
We should all be so lucky! I would love a pool program! I hope the pool is heated. ;)
 
Hi Vetgirl thanks for stopping by my thread and pulling me back up from page 3 or wherever I was.Im so happy,delighted actually to read your achievements.I dont know why cuz Im not a chauvanist but Im so impressed at the way you ladies are so strong.I should be used to it,my Moms was a strong woman,my 5 sisters are strong women,my wife is a strong woman and my grandaughters certainly have strong personalities.I dont know,I always make the mistake of thinking women are dainty fragile little things.Your not,our strength comes from you.Figuratively and literally as all men are born from women.Keep it up Aussie.Peace in Aussie land.
 
Don't be pressured to go back to work Vetgirl, your profession is strenuous.

I went back at 7 weeks, had no choice, and the energy drain was horrible. I tried to work from home had all the approvals, but HR said no!

It was tough!

Take care Aussie girl xx
 
Don't give in to the pressure, don't they know it could make things worse and you could have a relapse and be off even longer!
Stay strong and I will be thinking of you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks Poppet Roofmaster sunsetbiking calikat

My boss has spoken to my surgeon and is going to call me today or tomorrow

I feel like a naughty school kid. It's like he doesn't believe me or something.....I would love not to go back :yay: but that's not reality is it????

I would ideally like another 3-4 weeks. I'm getting stronger and stronger and am finally contributing to the household again. I know once I show my face there won't be many concessions for me and that's what scares me the most!!!!!

Thanks for listening
 
Have you spoken with your surgeon Vetgirl, how long did he suggest you should be off work ? I know I had to negotiate with my surgeon when I saw him at the four week mark and I said when should/can I go back to work..... his answer NOW! So then came the negotiation with me saying... "I spent five days in ICU one day in HDU, I am sleeping all the time and there is no way my boss would want the responsibility of me going back to work too early. If I have a fall then it becomes my bosses responsibility" ! I went back at seven weeks part time and full time at ten weeks. I was lucky, my boss is very good.

Do you think that maybe your boss wants to know exactly what duties you will be ready to do? Or is there something sinister? :)
 
Hello Vetgirl! My OS told me today I need to be off at least one more month possibly two. I am a flight attendant, and he does not want me lifting, twisting, or doing too much on my hip until it is fully healed. Not sure if I can afford to be off that long though. One more month I can manage, but not sure about two.
 
I'm off for 14 weeks but I had to swap days and take holidays , I'll only be on sick leave for 4 weeks .
I've had a lot of sick from other illness and I would have been down to half pay for sick from this , I have a lot of days to pay back next summer but I was advised to take 12-14 weeks off . If I didn't have the facility to do the swaps I still would have taken 14 weeks off , we've been through major surgery and reading the articles we all get links for , recovery is still going on for long after that again . When it comes to health there is no compromise but your surgeon is the person that knows best for your situation .
 
calikat, I knew there was something about you! A flight attendant ;-)

I had aspired to become a pilot years ago but chose to stay on the ground and stayed close to my love of aviation and am an airport manager!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
inthebeginning ahhh...now it is all clear. Denver Intl? My OS told me today that my job is not helping my hands or my hips...LOL.

Vetgirl I would imagine your job is very physical...long hours on your feet and a lot of lifting of animals. Don't go back until you are 100%.
 
Thanks sunsetbiking Poppet PDH63 inthebeginning calikat My surgeon told me 12 weeks off!

My boss said he wanted to talk to him to get specific info. My bet is he wants to see if I can come back on restricted duties like reception etc.....but to be honest I'm exhausted!!!! Especially the days of rehab for 3 hrs so even a few hours at work will be draining!!!!

I am not getting paid at all.....so that won't be the problem. They are short staffed and busy. They are all under 34 so I don't think they can even fathom the energy drain!!!! I know I couldn't before surgery. It's all doing my head in :headbang: :gaah: :headbang:

I mean I told him 12 weeks.....what the!!!!!

Calikat at rehab we have a lovely lady who is an air hostess and was injured when the food cart hit her knee. 7 years later and she's had a TKR . The PT says that the pressure from the cabin may be a problem for her knee causing it to swell up. Will that be a concern for u?

Thanks for all your support
 
Hey VG! I am so glad that you will get 12 weeks. You really need it for a labor intensive job like being a nurse.

You know this past year I asked a few doctors if pressurization could make my pain worse...because on some aircraft I would have so much pain in the air, and it would lessen substantially upon coming in for a landing. The two I asked said they had never heard of such a thing, but I swear it would happen. One suggested maybe it could happen, but could not definitively say one way or another. I even googled it and could not find much. Outwardly nothing looks swollen when I fly, but I think internally something happens. However, with my new hip...hopefully there will be no inflammation, so at least that joint won't ache more in the air. I mean all you have to do is look at what happens to a half empty water bottle when you fly. I would think the same thing may happen to your insides...LOL. I have flown with a few flight attendants who have had hip replacements, and the only comment they ever made was that once I replaced my hip I was going to wonder why I waited so long. :shrug: I flew an Amsterdam trip with one who went out jogging when we got in while I went to my room to ice my back and hip. She had about 10 years on me. LOL. She told me not to wait...but did I listen? She asks a full year later? No I did not! Knucklehead that I am.
 
Well that's interesting. I'll try and ask my PT more about it for u. But I agree...it makes sense that it would
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom