THR Vet girl is a hippie !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. Had a much better day yesterday. Was super tired after PT but can see the benefits. Less visitors makes a huge difference too.

I am on top of the pain meds now and had another great nights sleep....ahhhhhh sleep......I can't get enough

Deafdogz so glad you are going well. It must be hard being by yourself. I can't wait to get some fresh air!!!!

Jaycey thanks for the article reference. I have been going back and reading them!!!!

sunsetbiking Red Shoe I am glad you are going so well

Good luck to inthebeginning and the other September Saphhires
 
Well done Vetgirl it sounds like you are making good progress. I am a few days behind you and so grateful to you sharing your experience.
Wishing you good luck, peace and quiet an some sleep over this week.
 
Well I had another great nights sleep and am about to get ready to go down to rehab.

I find I like to wake up with and hour or so in bed before getting dressed as it helps me get my head in a nice space.

I'm going home tomorrow..... :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: and am looking forward to being with my family whenever I want, seeing my gorgeous dog Oscar and getting some fresh air. I will miss my little routine here, the meals and snacks and the lovely staff. It will be a bit of readjusting but I can't wait

So rehab is going well...I can notice improvements in my movement and it is amazing to see what I can actually do. I can come back as an out patient and get in the hydro pool which I think I will do once the stitches are out. It's also great to talk to other hippies as I don't know any

I can't believe the swelling in my operated leg!!!! It's like an elephant leg.....the dr said I can expect swelling for up to a year afterwards!!!!

My sister has just finished the first of her nurses training and has been working here and was on my ward yesterday so it was nice to see her pop her head in and out....today she's on rehab.

Good luck to those having surgery today and those still waiting. I look each day for new recovery threads....I love to see how everyone is going.

1 question I have.....if I follow someone nothing seems to happen???? Shouldn't I be able to see all their threads? How does it work?

Have a great day!!!!!
 
Congratulations. Glad it is going well. My swelling went down gradually but was pretty much gone by three months. It wasn't huge by then, but just a little sore. I have been having several tech issues with BS lately, so don't know if the problem is with their server or with us.
 
Glad you are getting some rest. Congrats on getting to go home.

I too had a lot of swelling, just make sure you elevate and ice. My swelling has gone down to almost normal size.

When you follow someone, and if there is a new posting to their thread you should get an alert. I have noticed some IT issues going on with the site, maybe that is why you are not seeing anything.
 
Vetgirl congrats on going home and your overall progress, keep up the good work. I reckon I am 1-2 more sleeps away from leaving yet!
 
Vetgirl I'm so glad to hear that you are getting stronger each day. I read all of your posts and wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and sending lots of prayers your way tonight. I look forward to hearing of your continued progress!! Get some rest and we will all hear from you later.

Amy
 
Thanks Jaycey. I've been a good girl and had ice one it nearly 24/7. I'm following the Bonesmart mantra :)

Another good day in rehab, but looking forward to going home tomorrow. Everything is in place for my return :yay: :yay: :yay: it's nice to have been missed too

Her is my new hip
[Bonesmart.org] Vet girl is a hippie !!!
 
Vetgirl Looks good! Have not seen an X-ray of mine, keep meaning to ask for a copy.
Take it easy when you get home, but it sounds as if you will have help there. My husband was brilliant but after a few days I was glad when he went back to work, he fusses :whistle: but he is lovely. At least there you won't have someone coming to stick a temperature reader in your ear, clip a sats monitor on a finger and put a bp cuff round your arm every time you go to sleep (like I did in hospital!) but remember to nap when you need to. And take meds by the clock! You need to be pain-free to heal quickly so I hope you have some meds that (a) work and (b)do not affect your blood pressure!
Happy healing
Anne:friends:
 
Vetgirl, yay!!! Looks good ;-) That will be one I my first requests in a few hours when I see the doc.
Glad you'll be home soon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Vetgirl great X-ray showing your shiny new hip. I have been told that I can get a disc with all my images on when I leave!
Wishing you a safe home.
 
Lovely new hip Vetgirl! Safe journey home!
 
Yay.....I'm home. The family had the house prepared beautifully...a welcome home sign, all the aids I need and a comfy recliner.

Oscar - the dog, is happy to see me and has been on my god leg all day. Hubby has been waiting on me hand and foot....he is gorgeous. I have to remind him I'm ok and not an invalid. Kids are really helpful too . I have been tired today but its all good.....oh and I managed the stairs no problem!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

The nurse changed my dressing and I had the camera ready! Here is my scar. I had no drain but have another stitch above it where he measured my leg or implant to make sure it's the same length as my other leg.

[Bonesmart.org] Vet girl is a hippie !!!


I'm proud of my scar!!!!
 
Hip hip hooray! Sounds like you're acclimating perfectly! That's a good looking scar ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Well since I've been home I have just been taking it easy....gosh it's good to be home

The dog is even used to sitting on my non operated leg now...what a good boy!!!!!
 
Glad your recovery is going smoothly! That four footed friend will be a great comfort while you are healing!
 
Vetgirl, You are doing ok. I know things at time look overwhelming but just go with it. I found that a good cry really helped. Having this done is so overwhelming and is a long recover so take it slow. Rememeber you are now on the side of recover, it will come. Once my pain stopped I didn't feel anything and didn't even think about the fact I didn't have my natural hip. That is so nice. take care and do go slow and do take those pain medication, I know they can be a pain in themselves but they are also needed. Tashia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom