Bilateral TKR Vancouver USA Recovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I haven't given my OS a chance to respond to this issue. When I last saw him, I wasn't having this kind of pain. I'll see what he has to say next week and then go from there.
 
If you are not doing any exercises, then I withdraw my initial suggestion of IT band issues.
The swelling you have observed could possibly be a joint effusion and you need this looked into.
 
Thank you. I have an appt. next week with my OS. Will see what he says about this sharp, stabbing pain which seems unusual at this point in recovery.
 
@Josephine
I saw my OS and he diagnosed me with Pes Anserine tendonitis and bursitis. Since I'm not supposed to take anti-inflammatories because of being on blood thinners, it may take some time to resolve. I was able to get a one-week course of Prednisone due to Sciatica so that may help, at least temporarily. While I'd love to have both knees progressing better, I'm hugely relieved that there are no problems with the mechanics of the knee. I really don't want any additional surgery!
 
I've been "away" from the forum for a while and I'm so sorry to read about your continued issues with your recovery. It's great news that it's not the new knees themselves but other issues that hopefully can be resolved with more patience. I'm very impressed with your courage as you've progressed down a difficult path made more difficult than it should have been. Hang in there - from what I read, there is light at the end of the tunnel! You are in my thoughts.

Sandra in the other Vancouver
 
Thanks for the good wishes. I've been spending less time on here as I recover but I certainly wish everyone nothing but the best and really appreciate all who have been helpful to me.
 
Sorry about your latest problems. You can also ice and rest for tendonitis.
 
I've been resting for weeks but it just hasn't been getting better. The Prednisone seems to be helping but don't know for how long. Thanks.
 
Pes Anserine tendonitis is very stubborn. Don't lose heart
 
Hang in there, you have already gone through so much - you will get through this too. Best wishes.
 
Maybe be a bit more gentle or give the massage a miss for a few days.
 
kneeper's not far off the point.

Tell me, how long a period are you doing the massage for and how often each day?
 
6 months out. Saw the Surgeon today about continued pain in left leg below the knee. He's not sure now that it's tendonitis. He studied my x-rays for a long time, going back and forth between the right which doesn't hurt and the left which does. Again said the implants both look great. Said no to cortisone shot because it's not clear where it would be placed. Come back in 2 months.

His words of wisdom for me: it will hopefully get better, but it may stay the same or get worse. If it gets worse, there are some other things we can look at (which he didn't specify), but keep up hope that it will get better. Gee,. I think I could have figured out that it will get better, get worse or stay the same!!! I didn't need a surgeon to tell me that.

I'm so tired of the pain. It hurts worse than before surgery. I am bummed. I know it could be worse (oh the horror stories I've heard) so I'll just try to buck up and deal with it and not get too depressed. Good thing I like to read and crochet and other sedentary activities.
 
Hi @VancouverUSAgal oh you have my sympathy. I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's not fair and horrible. The "other things we can try" referred to you by your OS is most likely a revision. I've just undergone one and already I'm feeling the difference. I have been to Hades and back with the most dreadfully slow recovery. For the first time in nine months I'm now feeling really hopeful. Fingers crossed. What I'm trying to say is that if you do need a revision, it's not the end of the world! Xxxx

It's lovely to hear from you and @Threads Please take care and stay in touch. Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
@Nana moon 27
I don't get on here as much as I used to but I have seen what a long road you've had and I sure hope it's all going to be good now. What did they give as the reason you ended up needing a revision?

I didn't ask the OS what "other" things would be tried - I was just at a loss for words after his weird comment. I could tell he was really baffled and said it was a soft tissue problem so I can hope it will eventually get better I guess.
 
Vancouvergal,
It may be time to start looking for a second opinion, your OS seems baffled. A revision OS will be best.
(((((Hugs)))))


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hi @VancouverUSAgal I had an awful lot of problems with my replacement. Swelling, pain, lack of mobility and ended up having to increase the morphine and use two sticks in the last two weeks before surgery. I also had this horrible grinding, clunking and popping. It made me feel sick. However, as I said earlier I'm certainly feeling better and glad that I had it done xxxxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom