Guest viewing is limited

TKR Update

Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey. We'll be here to cheer you on,
even if we no longer recognize you. :wink:
You have some time thankfully. You can do this! :yes:
@DOCCUKE
 
To update my update I had an appointment for 1/12/2024 for my right tkr, but the surgeon cancelled it as I am struggling with getting weight down. I started a prescription on mounjaro last Friday, hopefully that helps. I need to get 15 pounds off. The surgeon explained to me that the reason for getting my weight below a BMI of 40 is that the odds of an infection go up drastically if BMI isabove 40. We all know you do NOT want an infection!! I appreciated him explaining thec reason to me. So on hold until I get below 325 pounds
 
I’m so sorry you had to postpone your surgery. Losing weight is not easy, especially when we have pain in our body.
 
Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey. We'll be here to cheer you on,
even if we no longer recognize you. :wink:
You have some time thankfully. You can do this! :yes:
@DOCCUKE
Thanks, I will get the weight down, just gets harder with age, i will be 66 in a few weeks, but just keep on swinging!!

Thanks

DOC
 
Hang in there!!!! Rooting for you!
 
@DOCCUKE All the best with your weight loss. Yes indeed, getting that BMI below the maximum does decrease the risk for you. Fingers crossed those pounds drop quickly! :fingersx:
 
Fabulous news!!!!
If you give us the date for your R TKR we can update your signature and add you to the August 2024 team!
 
I get to ride most of the summer
That’s great, enjoy! My husband had a motorcycle when I first met him (he was so cool!) and I liked riding with him, once I learned to lean into the turns :yikes:
 
I get to ride most of the summer

I am 3 1/2 months out of my TKR and am really ready to ride again! I think maybe next week we’re going to take the trike out to see how I do with it. I’m ready to get back to normal! @DOCCUKE
 
Woohoo! :yay: Congrats on the weight loss!
Enjoy your Summer rides :hog: Vroom, vroom!
@DOCCUKE
 
Update on my update
Went to see my surgeon at Mgh yesterday. Verified my weight is below 320 so BMI is below 40. Surgery is set for 11/18/2024. I was hoping to get it sooner
But at least it is set now. Plus I will get more riding in!!
Peace DOC
 
Congratulations on having surgery scheduled, @DOCCUKE! And also congratulations on your successful weight loss. I know you worked hard at it.
 
Do I need to remove the January 12, 2024 date from your signature?
 
Congrats on the weight loss and securing a date for your TKR! :yay:
Wishing you comfort as you wait out the next few months.
@DOCCUKE
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom