Guest viewing is limited

TKR Update

Sorry to hear you are not receiving a call back. I have found since covid to check and see if they have an online appointment message site. When my knee went out on me, I went to an ortho urgent care this time. The previous time it took forever to get an appointment then forever to get an MRI. This time everything moved pretty fast. My grandson is active in sports and so I went where all the kids who get injured go. It is different from the hospital ER. I hope you get some answers soon.
 
How far are you from Burlington, Vermont? The medical center is a teaching hospital.
 
about 180 miles away
Not sure I want a teaching hospital. I had a young guy do my left knee and he did a horrible job. After 4 years it still hurts worse than before he touched it. Only good part is I can use it to go up stairs with the help of my arms

I want to find a doctor with plenty of experience that knows what he or she is doing and has worked on larger folks before.
Even if I get down to my ideal weight, that is still 250 to 260 pounds At 6'4" I am not a small man.
The implant he used on me is a zimmerman personna, it has a recall on it!! Not the best move on a large prson. I asked him when I woke up from surgery when I could do squats with weights again and he said never because it would break the implant!! I wanted to slap his head off his shoulders!! Sorry for the rant, kind of a sore subject if you couldn't tell

I want to find a surgeon that is good at this procedure and knows what he or she is doing.
I failed to do that the first time unfortunately
 
Sorry to hear you are not receiving a call back. I have found since covid to check and see if they have an online appointment message site. When my knee went out on me, I went to an ortho urgent care this time. The previous time it took forever to get an appointment then forever to get an MRI. This time everything moved pretty fast. My grandson is active in sports and so I went where all the kids who get injured go. It is different from the hospital ER. I hope you get some answers soon.
I did fill out their online inquiry also with no response so far
 
I just thought they might have the latest techniques in knee surgery. My OS graduated from the University of Vt. medical school and has been practicing for 13 years. A friend of my daughter's mother had her knee done by him. I did the online research, background education, and found others in my area that had used him. I'm happy with my results. For a surgical evaluation, look for a surgeon board-certified in orthopedic sports medicine. They should know more about what you can and can't do. I would question if they offered a computerized program to aid in maximizing the accuracy of the alignment and placement of the implant. That seems to be the future. This has been a learning experience. I didn't really know how long, hard, and frustrating the recovery process would be. Best of luck to you.
 
@DOCCUKE i had Dr. Burns at Concord Ortho. He did my second hip and both knees. Have you seen him? I had great outcomes. I trust him implicitly.

Marie
 
I have not met him. I had Dr Dion

I think he is not good at his job and do not trust concord ortho after what he did to my left knee
 
I have not known anyone who had Dr. Dion. Dr Fox did my first hip and Dr. Burns the rest. It can’t hurt to see if you can get a second opinion with him.
My body is falling apart. I’m having arthroscopy on my shoulder. It doesn’t end lol

Marie
 
I have an appointment with Dr Melnic from MGH on 8/16/2023. Hoping this goes well and I get a successful TKR on my right knee. My dayto day pain level is excruciating. I am a year and a half from retirement best case. keeping my fingers eyes and toes crossed!!

PEACE
DOC
 
Best Wishes! Maybe this doctor can also help with the left knee. :prayer:
 
So sorry to read that your pain is excruciating. That's no way to live. Hopefully your appointment goes well on the 16th and you're all "done and dusted" (as our friends across the pond say) and ready to enjoy a fantastic retirement. :egypdance:
Best of luck to you, DOC!
@DOCCUKE
 
I am hoping for the best!!
Great! It is certainly healthier than dwelling on any negative.
A positive attitude is everything. Focus on the good things and a brighter future!
Have a wonderful day, DOC! :)
 
Oh Doc, that's such good news! That weight will come off, too.
 
Rooting for you to be in the best shape possible, manage your pain for the coming months, and come through like a rock star in 2024!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom