This is probably my last post on my recovery thread, barring disaster!
But I shall stay around to help/annoy anyone or everyone (please delete as appropriate). I like you lot a lot!
This is because I've just completed by far my longest walk with my canine companions for about 5 years, and survived
My legs are tired, my knee aches no more than the other one, my tight band is a tad tighter, but every other bit of me aches more!!!
Just to put the top hat on it, last week the cancer hospital rang to tell me that, based on my latest blood tests, I am now A1, and my prostate has been successfully roasted to a crisp, and I'm discharged. I'm also pretty sure I've had THE VIRUS, and survived (still coughing a bit)
So all in all, I'm having a good year, my guardian angel has apparently asked for overtime payments.
I'll probably fall under a bus, or off a ladder tomorrow. But it'll be sorted, won't it!
So my messages to all kneesies are
Be positive, patient, stop thinking something is wrong, be gentle with yourself, and most importantly, never never never be bullied into increasing your ROM by force, even (or especially) by people who have certificates on the wall!
Thank you all for the help and support I've had. Keep up the brilliant work.
But finally finally here is a saying taken from desiderata, I'll put the complete text in the social area. This bit should be learnt verbatim by everybody starting this magical mystery tour:
"Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness."