Hi folks, nice to pop in and see you all again, hope you are all keeping safe in these dangerous times.
Sara prompted me many moons ago to give you an update.
Finding my old thread was buried deep in the forum and difficult to find, but I used my animal cunning and searched for "jam roly poly", and there I was. Many, many times
It must now be knocking on 10 or 11 months for my second knee, it has progressed well, except the famous tight band appeared a couple of months ago. I never had it earlier, and I never had it with my first knee recovery 10 years ago.
Strangely, my old knee began to develop a bit of the same.
I had a word with the physio who told me to rest, elevate and ice. Resting isn't in my nature, but I have elevated and a bag of sweetcorn was discovered in the freezer (The petit pois has hidden itself at the bottom)
This improved it a bit, but my unpaid advisor, aka Penny, noticed something.
This morning, it's windy and as I went out and opened the car door, a carrier bag blew out and down the road. I hate litter, so chased it down the road. Every time I bent to pick it up, another gust blew it 10 yards further on. Eventually I managed to trap it and walk back to the car.
Penny, when she stopped chuckling, said "Do you realise how little you are bending your knees, especially your new one?"
Later on I took the little pooches for a walk, and when no one was around deliberately made myself kick my heels up. I must have looked a prat, but very quickly my ROM increased markedly, the stiffness eased a lot, the tight band feeling went away, and I was walking much faster and easier.
Let's hope it lasts. But it shows how bad habits with our gait come back to haunt us little by little, and we don't realise it.
Everything else is hunky dory (an English expression meaning tremendous), except that I have put on 20 pounds during recovery and lockdown and jam roly poly-fests, and I'm rejoining Slimming World.
I'll keep you informed about the success (or failure) of my tight band elimination strategy.
Keep safe
PS I was reading about a businessman, who whenever he was asked how things were, always answered "tremendous!!" He was known as tremendous Jones. I caught it from him!!