Guest viewing is limited

TKR Tykey's second knee replacement

You are a breath of fresh air @Tykey just love your posts.
Really does incentivate the rest of us xx
 
Day 40 blog.

I wish I had more to report, other than progress is pretty spectacular.
Just a bit of stiffness now, which gets in the way of record-breaking ROM figures.
I've been around long enough to know it's meaningless, but for those who aren't yet convinced, I'd estimate it's about 95. It already allows me to walk painlessly with a perfect gait, heeling and toeing as we go. The toe now easily clears the floor as it swings forward.
I know it will improve, but if it never did, I'll be delighted anyway. I still take an elbow crutch with me, which I use on the opposite arm, as it really helps to maintain a good even stride pattern.
Another first! Got the ladder out and fetched stuff from the loft - no problem.
If I haven't got anything to report next time, I'll post a photo of my two little canine physiotherapists, who now insist on dragging me into the woods for some exercise. They (and my wife) have been an essential part of keeping me relatively sane during this journey, even when they sit on my knee ( not my wife)
 
That is brilliant so happy for you xx
Looking forward to seeing the photos xx
 
@Tykey Be sure your photo is no bigger than 600 X 400 pixels.
 
@Tykey , your progress has been terrific! I would imagine that my flexion is about the same as yours, although it hasn't been measured for over a month. Like you, I have no use for 140 degree ROM. Maybe if I was a 16 year old gymnast I might feel differently, but all I really need is enough to walk and lead a normal daily life.

Amazing that you were able to get up on a ladder and bring things down from the loft. That's a huge step forward in your recovery. Be careful not to fall, though! I am sure you are.
 
Great progress! @Tykey you're just a couple of days behind me I'mexactly at 6 weeks today...and it sounds like your progress is just about the same as mine!! I've seen spectacular progress also, when walking. So much so that my husband even notices it.... :)! Let those puppies continue your PT!
 
Well done Macknit, I've been reading your own thread, and our progress and thinking patterns are similar.
I love making up words as well, eg paracetamolise.
I think we prove that healing and recovery come automatically if we just let it. This is my second knee, so I learnt last time that pushing it actually pushes it back rather than forward .
Well done again, it's a shame just when we feel like getting out into the beautiful English and Oregon countryside, winter will settle in. Such is life
 
@Tykey thanks for all the quotes and links for UK English words and your jovial humor!

Read your thread while not sleeping, love the attitude!

Please be careful driving and have a lovely trip!
 
Don't worry, Jaycey, the danger is restricted to South Yorkshire for the time being.

Some other good news! I went back to Slimming World, and if I make a reasonable allowance for the knee hardware and swelling, I only put on 2 or 3 lbs.
I'm amazed at that, and so I might be able to continue my love affair with Roly poly and spotted dick
 
Congratulations "Freedom" there is no stopping you now.

Great incentivate to us all reading this ..

Still craving for a Roly Poly but my sweet Portuguese neighbour has made me a Rice Pudding (Arroz Doce) with cinnamon on top

Keeps us all updated with your new adventure xx
 
@Tykey, that is so terrific that you are driving already!!! Wow!

I am in my tenth week, but still getting a kick out of driving. I was out driving alone this morning, going to get some routine lab work done.

But get this: On the way home I STOPPED FOR GASOLINE. Ha. All by myself. I left my walker in the back of the SUV, and just hobbled back to pump the gas with no walker and no cane.

 
Aw @Tykey I've not been on the Forum for a while but your thread has made me laugh so much. Thank you x I'm a Yorkshire lass, born in Sheffield ( now living near Leeds) and will have to have a second TKR soon. You've filled me with hope, I've struggled with my first one, 18 months on i'm still not pain free and still feel the effects of having a knee that won't extend properly, hip and back pain etc. But after reading your posts, i'm hoping for a better result next time. Had to have an MUA last time after 6 weeks :( Thank you so much for posting your journey. Lots of positiveness (is that a word ?) and humour :) it's brightened up my day (made stressful by the removal of my ceiling (asbestos discovered unfortunately) so sitting here with very rustic looking beams (and rustic smelling too :( ) until they come to replace it next week, reading your story has cheered me up no end ! I hope you recovery continues xx
 
@Carole4815 , well done! Isn't it a great feeling to start doing normal things, then your confidence grows and you accelerate faster and faster to your own finishing line
I'm proud to have shared our journeys
+1 Me too!! We 71-year-olds aren't done yet, that's for sure. More adventures await!
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom