Guest viewing is limited

Ankle Two failed TAR

Yes if you could have the title Revision , that would be great
Thanks so much
 
I chose a TAR over fusion when I researched and found that the knee and hip have to compensate for the ankle often leading to both knee and hip replacement down the road @ramone1961. There used to be a Yahoo TAR group, but they have now moved to Facebook which I don't use but there were several members that had successful revisions in that group, so might want to look them up as another resource. Good luck to you whatever you decide.
 
Hi, @ramone1961 ..... I tweaked your thread title a bit so people would be able to see you're looking for someone who has had an ankle revision. I don't believe we've had anyone on the forum yet who has had that done, but possibly one of our guests or "lookers" (who just read and don't post) will see it and come post for you.

Thanks for the resource, @FCBayern!
 
Thanks for the resource, @FCBayern!

No problem @Jamie, I found this forum when researching my ankle but there was less here then than there is now. But I already knew a new knee was in my future so I knew right where to go when that day came!
 
Hi all, so I seen the new dr today, he said the first thing we should try is going in to try and remove the bone spurs and cysts. Has anyone ever had this done and been pain free after.
Thanks very much
 
@ramone1961
Your plate is full with your recent left PKR, and now you are talking about another ankle surgery.
Are they doing what is known as a Gutter Clean Out? Where they go in just below you ankle bones and clean out that area?
Hopefully someone will be along that has had similar experience.

You will notice I merged your two ankle threads as your history informs what is going on with your ankle today.
Thanks,
Chris
 
Thanks Chris, yes he spoke of gutters, I sooo hope it works, im so so tired
 
Here is an x -ray of an ankle showing where the gutters are located.

[Bonesmart.org] Two failed TAR
 
Hi Ramone,
I had a second TAR related surgery May20 of this year. My initial TAR was Sep 19, 2019. It never reached a pain free level and some days got so bad I had to use a cane to take some weigh off my right ankle.
After complaining to my surgeon for over a year he went back in and following my surgery he related to me that he cleaned up channels( gutter space?) , replaced the plastic disc between the upper and lower Infinity devices and cleaned up some scar tissue.
since that surgery four months ago I have experienced much reduced pain that I would title it more like stiffness than the sharp pain that was emanating from deep within my ankle prior to my second surgery.
I am now walking several miles every other day with very minor stiffness, using my stationary bike , etc. Improving each week. You can see my complete story on this forum.
I hope your second surgery will provide you with the pain free ankle you deserve.
 
has anyone had an ankle fusion after a failed TAR?
 
Hi @Lggoran
Welcome to BoneSmart! We're happy you're here.
Please consider starting a thread and sharing a little about what brought your to the forum. We'd love to know how we can support you. I hope you'll join us!

Following is our membership info - Become an Insider

You can use the SEARCH feature top right and type in key words to pull up threads on the topic you're interested in.

Have a great day! :SUNsmile:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom