Twelve weeks post op and still in pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the various comments and experiences by K R patients makes me feel somewhat better.Am at the 1 yr mark and while there are good periods I get severe attacks of pain during which time I cannot put weight on leg.OS confirms Xrays and scans all A ok and OS states all I can do is be patient.Again I hear of cases where 12 weeks should be sufficient for almost full recovery,but as the contributors to this thread indicate we all heal at different rates and I will just have to hang on.Thanks to everybody for posting your situation.
Franc
LTKR Oct 2009
 
Good Morning: I saw my surgeon on Friday and got a good report. He FINALLY, after all these weeks, has admitted that I have many months of recovery still ahead of me. He assured me that all of my current symptoms are normal and that, with time, all will be well. He did decrease the number of exercises that my physical therapist had me doing at home. As others on this site have suggested, I was doing too much and it was enflamming the tissues and was the cause of some of the swelling and pain. So I will continue on with the two exercises that the doctor has recommended along with two 20-minute walks per day. In addition, I plan to take more time to rest, raise the leg up and ice. All great advice that I received here on this site.

I'm glad I found the site and appreciate everyone's in-put and support. It really does make a difference!

Enjoy your week.

Granmum
 
Indeed it is. Nice to know surgeons follow our advice! :hehe:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom