traceys
graduate
So the time has come when I realized that I consider myself over the worst of this TKR and ready to start returning to the rest of the world out there.
I have reached the point where I feel I am as far as I’m going to get on the whole and accept this surgery did not work for me as expected.
While there are still micro improvements each day - the list of things I cannot do has remained unchanged for some time now. My improvements now are simply being able to do things I can already do better.
My rom is still below standards. Flex 80-85. Extension 20-5.
I therefore struggle with many basic things like going downstairs without pitching forward, I cannot sit in the front seat of most vehicles. I cannot sleep longer than 1-2 hrs at a time because my positions are so limited.
I still need a cane. I still struggle with swelling internal/external after having my leg down for anything longer than an hour.
I still have pain in the same quarter sized area that I had pre op.
I walk like I am supposed to and find I’m getting regressing again.
I find myself now thinking about if I’m ready for work again. A graduated plan to return to test where I am if you will. Im Not even sure if I have a job to return to as I have heard nothing from them in just over a month.
I probably won’t be here as much as there is not much to update anymore and my TKR “class” are all graduated and back to their lives as well which makes me so happy! And yes.... jealous.
I will pop in sporadically to say hello and see how some of you are still -
But I wanted to say thank you to all of you who have pulled me from some pretty deep and scary holes in this journey. I never realized how easy it is to adore people you have never met.
Keep up your recoveries! I want to read some great successes when I check back.


I have reached the point where I feel I am as far as I’m going to get on the whole and accept this surgery did not work for me as expected.
While there are still micro improvements each day - the list of things I cannot do has remained unchanged for some time now. My improvements now are simply being able to do things I can already do better.
My rom is still below standards. Flex 80-85. Extension 20-5.
I therefore struggle with many basic things like going downstairs without pitching forward, I cannot sit in the front seat of most vehicles. I cannot sleep longer than 1-2 hrs at a time because my positions are so limited.
I still need a cane. I still struggle with swelling internal/external after having my leg down for anything longer than an hour.
I still have pain in the same quarter sized area that I had pre op.
I walk like I am supposed to and find I’m getting regressing again.
I find myself now thinking about if I’m ready for work again. A graduated plan to return to test where I am if you will. Im Not even sure if I have a job to return to as I have heard nothing from them in just over a month.
I probably won’t be here as much as there is not much to update anymore and my TKR “class” are all graduated and back to their lives as well which makes me so happy! And yes.... jealous.
I will pop in sporadically to say hello and see how some of you are still -
But I wanted to say thank you to all of you who have pulled me from some pretty deep and scary holes in this journey. I never realized how easy it is to adore people you have never met.
Keep up your recoveries! I want to read some great successes when I check back.


Canada
I am always here for you as are all of your fellow bonesmart family 

