TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

Did you get to the bakery yet... hope all went well with the doc

Chris

Too bad muscles- I’m in charge of this action!!!
You tell 'um, Tracey! Those muscles will just have to get with the program! They can hurt, but not your knee!

Then for a treat I may duck into my fav bakery which is beside his office. So much for all the weight I’ve dropped the past few mnths!!!
You've earned a treat so go for it! Worry about the weight another time. You lost it once, you can lose it again!

Hey @gecko and @sistersinhim - does this answer your question?! :rotfl: Bought hubs his fav cannoli as a thank you for everything he’s done for me, the eclair is alllllll mine and sourdough baguettes for dinner.

Dr appt went amazing. :roseshwr:He is such a great family doc. Renewed prescriptions and he then played with my knee a bit. Was like a kid with a new toy at Christmas. Lol. Actually said he was surprised how well I’m doing because he remembers what a mess I was when I saw him in August. That was sorta nice.
Now to go ice for a bit because it was a challenge getting there with no shoveling done around his building and the bakery and all the walking in the cold.
:wave:

7F304BD3-083E-40BE-A60C-A387923FE163.jpeg

If your family doc was pleased that kinda puts things in perspective, right?

We are such snow weenies in Maryland. On Tues it was forecast 2-4 inches. Schools closed. My hairdresser called and cancelled my appt for Wed because the white death falling from the sky was Armageddon. The local news had special reports.
Tues came and went with a dusting. Wed was sunny and cold. I got my hair done as originally scheduled. Such hysteria. Not even an inch of white death.

And you go to the doc and bakery and nothing is shoveled. Geez.

@beachy and @traceys, for some reason the “southern flu” seems to rapidly infect even the most seasoned of northerners. My side of the family all moved from western NY state to Florida about 20 years ago (after living the bulk of their lives up north) and now they whine whenever the temps dip below 40! Here I am in SE Michigan with temps this morning at -12 and windchill of -35 and not a peep out of me (okay, maybe a little squeak when I stepped outside). Oh, who am a fooling, it was more like “it’s :censored: cold out here!). :rotfl:

We all have pluses and minuses with where we choose (or are forced) to live. But we all manage too.

Stay safe, stay warm, and let healing progress.

Oh @traceys it is the bane of my exsistance, sleep that is , I may be able to do rounds on the bike, and get into the bath (notice I said get into :rotfl:) and be discharged from physio, but I still cant sleep, cant get comfy it takes me ages to drop off, and when I do he or she wakes me up and have to start all over again, I think it is just a part of our journey, just mentioned to hubby that when I can sleep through for 3 nights in a row I will go back to work:)
Hope you are doing better, lots of hugs still coming your way ...we will get there sista we will get there

Chris:flwrysmile:

That’s where I got lucky and family dr said enough was enough. He gave me a prescription for an anti anxiety med to help me sleep. He said without getting solid rest nothing will heal and my muscles will never fully relax so we are trying it. At least it’s not as powerful as that scary one I had here already. Took one of the new pills last night first time and slept 6 unawakened hours. :sleeep:

Can’t wait to move back into bed beside hubby - haven’t since surgery because he is a super restless kicky sleeper and I was always getting knocked or shuffled awake or he banged my leg. It’s amazing the little things we do miss isn’t it?
Sending squishy hugs and good vibes round the planet for you!

What a fantastic night's sleep you had. Yay!

At 7 weeks I am finally back in bed, not a recliner, what a joy, love to Side sleep and am pretty much able to do that with my old neck pillow between my knees. This whole thing is hard, hang on there.

And followed that great night sleep with an amazing pt session. Such progress today in terms of comfort level doing some tasks and also what tasks I could even do! :happydance: Numbers are meaning less and less as I start to realize how much stronger and agile I’m coming. I’m still far from a “normal” person but also far from MY normal” pre-surg

Wrapped up the session with .... 15 minutes on the elliptical :yes!:

Now to go caudle myself with some ice packs and a cup of root beer before date night.

You are moving on and taking those bigger baby steps. Yay!

Catching up on your thread and so pleased to see the progress you've made recently and what a helpful PT and positive doc you have. :thumb:

@traceys so pleased you are able to sleep at last, I can understand your DR's reasoning , may have to think about it for myself.
Also great you are able to start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel you are doing amazingly
Thankyou for my HUGS , needed them

Chris:flwrysmile:

@traceys
So glad to hear you turned a corner! So its upward and onward from here, good for you! You are week ahead of me, so much to look forward to. Would you tell me which exercises you are doing at PT now?

thanks @Elad1002
I’m actually 2+ months ahead of you not one wks as I was in September.

My physio program is very specific to my rehab and is neurological based for proprioception and function only. I do a lot of balance and sensory and activation control. No strength or rom at all.

Tracey, my doc prescribed a low dose of Trazadone for me to take at night years ago. I just don't sleep without it. She knows me well and said lack of sleep can cause all kinds of physical problems....especially for women. I'm so glad you finally got some help.

@beachy im not familiar with your sleep pill at all. He has me on Lorazapam 1mg but only for 3mnths as they apparently are fairly addictive :nah:is there anything not addictive nowadays?

@gecko I’ve been on them for 3 nights now and def getting better sleep and waking up with the leg more relaxed. May eventually go every other night once I’m caught up more. It was something I never thought of talking to doc about.

Me either, thank heavens for your post the other day, I will make an appointment tomorrow to get a script but have 2 pills left of what I took for past 2 nights so I am good until I see her, pleased another 5 hours straight last night :dancy:

Glad you are doing great and enjoying your physio , we get there in the end it may take a trillion tiny steps but each one counts and has its purpose

Hugs Chris:flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom