Guest viewing is limited

TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

Way to go Tracey! You deserve it. Must be a load off your mind. I'd go out and play the mega millions if I were you....400+ million.
 
Hey my BoneSmarties! I really need your help and info. Searched library and can’t find what I need. (Feel free to tag someone if you think they can help out or havevtalked about this already).....

Question about TKR scar appearance and healing.
My scar is definitely healed shut. Had no problems there at all. But noticed mine went a very rich burgundy color immediately. It changed over the weeks to more of a washed out red and then a bright pink.
I’m noticing if I do nothing except real light ADL for a few days it starts to turn that pearly pale pink I’ve always had on my scars BUT the moment I do any flex stretches - WHAM- bright dark red!
My pt today saw it for the first time in about 2 weeks and said “hey! It’s finally healing! Look at the whiteish parts finally!” Sure enough it looks like a dashed line now alternating pinking white with the still red/purple colour changing segments. She said it’s indicative of the healing occurring underneath it.
:umm:

Huh? Soooo I know the cuts were multi layer but when it’s turning pale it’s finally healed under? When I bend to 85-90 I still get that weird ripping feeling. Is that it stretching over and over?? Anyone else have a kaleidoscope scar or rippy sensation below the skin?

I’m at a stall out in progress so wondering if it’s something we all go thru or I’m being paranoid or I’m not worrying enough
 
Hi @traceys, I still have the weird rippy sensation, but it seems to have lessened a bit in the last week or so. Or maybe I don’t notice it as much because of the pain on the outer side of my knee and calf. And I notice my scar seems to change it’s depth of colour too. More activity makes it go a darker red again. It’s generally much lighter in colour when I first get up in the morning. I don’t know why it happens, increased blood flow maybe? but I’m glad to see a post about it. Hopefully others will have some advice on this.
 
I don’t have the rippy sensation but my scar changes color like a chameleon and has gaps or sections that are lighter (or darker). This happened with my first TKR and it’s now white.
 
Mine changed colors when I was more active. I even sent Josephine a before and after photo and she said it was just natural healing going on. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
 
Thanks people. This place is so good for getting rid of that “I’m alone” feeling on weird stuff!
Ok so I have a normal chameleon scar. Whew!! All my other knee scars and the ones from my shoulder reconstruction went from red to pale so quick that this little kaleidoscope threw me! Lol

And last night I took a Percocet (for a mix of mild knee pain and assorted other owie). Fell asleep at 130am. Only woke a few times just to change positions and right back asleep. Woke up at ..... 1120am. :wow:

Today I am not doing one single thing.
This is MY day. :bath::martini:
 
So true @traceys , without Bonesmart, I would’ve felt so alone in this recovery! It’s such a relief when I find out something weird or scary is actually just part of the healing process.

What a great sleep you had!
 
Excellent sleeping Tracey’s. Sometimes I wish I could have one really long sleep and wake up fully recovered!
Also had the scar colour change thing and the rippy feeling. Last year’s scar is stil looking pretty pink .
 
Holy Cow -- very envious of your 11 hour sleepfest! Much needed I expect. Enjoy your well-deserved day of nothingness!
 
Girl! I’m so glad short term disability came through for you! Huge relief I’m sure! Here’s to a new year...and a new left knee for me :censored:

Mel
 
Friday post pt update

I spent yesterday bonding with my couch and tv remote. Did nothing , ate horribly, didn’t even get out of my Jammie’s. Did some of my stretching I figured out about 1130pm then went to bed.
Jinx!!! I was awakened about 3am and again at 630am with a heard of rhinos wearing golf cleats tap dancing around my knee.
:gaah:
It was so swollen and zingers and hot. This knee has split personality disorder I swear.

Went to pt bracing for the worst as it just didn’t feel like it wanted to move. Bike was a disaster. Slider board useless. Extension exercises a wreck. Then she says “heel curl so I can check how you are and measure to see how it’s going”
:sos:

Ya - gained 6 degrees from last Friday she said. I don’t get it.
She worked out my new plan for Jan and feb and it is all about function and muscle reactivating. Very happy.

Now for some ice before date night! Have a great weekend all!!!!
:wave:
 
When I bend to 85-90 I still get that weird ripping feeling.
Hi, yes I had that going on at one stage-lasted maybe 2-3 weeks.....all gone now. Figured it was one of those many "normal" recovery processes.
 
@beachy no but I ate like one!!! :rotfl:
First time since surgery we went to my all time fav ever restaurant and we sat in our usual booth and talked and laughed and pigged out for almost 90min!!!
:chuckmarch:
 
That sounds kinda like being normal ! Hurrah for you!
 
Yay! For having a fun date night!
Feeling any better?
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom