Guest viewing is limited

TKR TRKR 10/13/23 - Moving Forward with Many Detours

Hi everyone, hope you're having a good day. This afternoon I was let go from my job because I put a cushion on the chair as the table is high, and asked to pull down one of the shades since the sun was streaming in the windows. After she let me go I told her office furniture is adjustable for the employees' comfort and told her she was disrespectful for telling me to 'chill." That is nor professional, I told her. Maybe the Spirits arranged for me to be let go so my knee could heal. Walking up and down those steps was painful. Hopefully, new scar tissue won't form on the area from where it was removed. I wish it had improved a little in the past three weeks. Am I doing something wrong? I came home today and put ice on my knee and felt embarrassed that this 20-something snit had a smug look on her face. However, I'm filing a claim for breach of contract for one week's pay as she didn't give me seven days' written notice per the contract we both signed.
 
My goodness, what a ridiculous reason to be let go from your job. But, then again I’m not sure I would want to work in an environment that was so inconsiderate and unfriendly. The upside is now you can take more quality time with your knee so that you can fully heal. So sorry that happened to you.
 
Sorry about your new job disappearing, but it may be the best thing that happened to you. Who wants to work around anyone who gets upset over the things you mentioned? Did this gal honestly tell you those were the reasons for firing you?
 
Thank you @zippy005 and @Jamie. Yes, she said that. It's a funeral home, and the room decor is for comfort when grieving families come to discuss matters. I did the best I could for her, and ironically, she reviewed my work before letting me go. This was a source of angst so now I can focus on my knee:yes!: and finding more suitable work.
 
I am sorry to read this employment opportunity didn't work out for you, dubloosh.
Hopefully a better opportunity presents itself when you're feeling up to the challenge.
One step at a time, we're here for you when you need us.
Hugs and best wishes.
@dubloosh
 
Thank you @Layla. I appreciate your kindness and am glad to be here. Now might be a good time to look into remote work or reporting again. Hoping forward to sharing positive news soon.
 
Good morning, and happy Tuesday. :hissy: It's been an eventful week. Since Friday I've been working as election inspector for early voting (election day is next Tuesday); the election is for local county executive (our former CE is now in Congress). I've been sitting in a cold church basement setup, where people seem to not mind the cold. My knee, however, is very happy as there are no steps, and I brought my own pillow. My back gets attention at night via a heating pad. Good came from bad since I received a phone call Friday morning asking if I have time to work next (now this) week, and I said yes. The adventures continue.
 
Good Morning dubloosh :wave:
Well that's good news! I'll bet working as an election inspector is an interesting experience. You're right...some good did come your way after your last experience. I hope you continue to enjoy your work!

Happy Tuesday! I hope it's a good one. :)
@dubloosh
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning, @dubloosh and welcome to the Insiders Club! I I’m so glad you decided to take advantage of our premium services. You’ll have a whole host of opportunities for services in the coming months, but probably the thing most important for you right now is the personal one-on-one guidance for your recovery that communicating with our staff can provide. We’re here for you.
 
Hi @Jamie and @Layla and thank you! I'm so glad to be here and very grateful for your feedback and for this community, and keeping in contact with BoneSmart members. Since the weekend I've been working early voting here in New York, and it's taken a toll on my back. I'm not complaining as the money is good, and I'm grateful for the work. I have a feeling it's also affecting my knee as the past two days have been painful so I made an appointment with my surgeon for next Monday to ask what can be done as I'm in more pain now than before I had scar tissue removed. While I cannot look back, I wonder if removing scar tissue caused something else to happen. People have knee replacements to live their lives. This knee is all-consuming. Thank you for reading.
 
Sadly arthrofibrosis is very difficult to deal with sometimes. There is always a risk that the tissue can regrow and not way to know whether or not that might happen. This is part of why we’re so strong on patients who have lysis of adhesions (removal of the scar tissue) spend serious time following the procedure just letting their knee heal, keeping inflammation and swelling to a minimum.

That said, you are pushing your knee to some degree by working right now. Spending long hours sitting with your leg down is not the best for your knee. See if you can find some time to put your leg up while you’re working at the voting office. Also, be sure you get up and walk around for 5 minutes or so every hour. If you can ice your knee while sitting that can also help.
 
I am so sorry that you're in more pain now than before the scar tissue removal. I hope the surgeon offers you some sound advice and reassurance on Monday. Lots of comfort to you. :console2:Please keep us posted.
@dubloosh
 
There is one of our new members who advised me of a relatively new treatment option during some tests in Canada where they use radiation following the lysis of adhesions removal procedure that sounds lnteresting, so @dubloosh, you might ask your surgeon about that.
 
relatively new treatment option during some tests in Canada where they use radiation following the lysis of adhesions
Dr. Henry Finn in Chicago at Weiss Memorial has been doing this for quite a while - you can find a number of articles on the web.

I considered this (the use of radiation) for my own arthrofibrosis but ultimately decided against it.
 
You're right @Jamie yet while I have no choice about sitting with my knee down, I can walk around during slow times and gently exercise my knee. Ice during the day would be very helpful - I iced it when I got home - yet there is no heat so I'd prefer not to apply ice while I'm there. Tomorrow is the last day. Thank you for mentioning the radiation procedure, and I shall ask him about it.

Thank you @Layla for your kind words. I hope to have encouraging news from him.
 
Dr. Henry Finn in Chicago at Weiss Memorial has been doing this for quite a while - you can find a number of articles on the web.

I considered this (the use of radiation) for my own arthrofibrosis but ultimately decided against it.
Hi, and thank you for commenting. I read about Dr. Finn and using radiation; however, he then replaces the knee. I'm interested to know why you chose against radiation.
 
I really feel like your surgeon may advise you to give your knee more time to see if any pain and stiffness lessens. You really are not that far out from the procedure and your knee has been through a lot.
 
I agree with Jamie. The procedure you had this past November, which was only 3 months ago, and was only about a year after the original TKR, reintroduced surgical trauma to the area. It most likely still needs time to heal.

My PKR was very slow to heal. After a tough first year, I had a lot of improvement in my second year, in all aspects, as my whole leg continued to relax and heal. I hope you will see the same.
 
You may be right @Jamie. My knee feels normal when I sit with my leg bent and when I extend it. Only when I stand and put weight on it does it feel "full" if that makes sense. I keep thinking back to the aggressive PT session yet that was last month, and I've tried to take care of my knee since then. The previous job had steep steps, which probably aggravated it. My surgeon assured me the scar tissue wouldn't return; when I bend my knee I feel crackling in a tiny area on the lower lateral side. Tomorrow is my last day of working early voting. I look forward to taking care of my knee, including icing it, this weekend.
 
Yep, I think just taking a few months to baby that knee a bit will do wonders.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom