Guest viewing is limited

Total hip replacement booked 13 august 2013 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this line just really put everything in perspective "whereas all you have to look forward to now is increasing pain and invalidism" nothing is gonna get better for me only worse. Im defiantly going through with it just keep having wobblers about it haha this group is really helping me though. Thanks everyone :angel: xxx
 
Leanne83, I feel the exact same way. I was so scared of the whole process until I found the wonderful people of Bonesmart. Now I'm apprehensive, sure, but excited at the same time. I told my hubby today that I've forgotten what it feels like to be 'normal'. I can't wait to my new normal! You and I can get each other through this, I know it! :friends:
 
hi Leanne83
im exactly the same my op,s in 3 weeks the last week i have been terrible , trying to convince everyone around me i dont need it yet and so many reasons to wait , but my hip always kicks off to reminds me that it is time :) its scary for us all but if your life is contracting its time , i have known for 2 yrs mine needed doing , but i thought i would rough it out and see how its go,s but as everyone says it does just get worse and your world does get smaller , so im going ahead with it and just trying to focus on what i will be able to do after the recovery period , i hope this helps, :) x :console2:
 
Leanne83 I just wanted to say that I think your recovery may be a little quicker than your moms considering that your are taking care of this at such a young age. I worked in the medical field as a paramedic/nurse for 18 years before my accident and I will have to say that at your age your body will heal so much faster. With that said I am sure there will be challenges but I am sure you can handle it especially if you can handle a 22 month old with a bad hip. My prayers are with you and I look forward to seeing you on the other side. I am still on this side of surgery but from what I understand about bonesmart you can start a recovery thread and vent to some pretty caring people after the surgery. I hope and pray all things go well for you and you get to give your child a better life in any way possible.
 
Hi Leanne
Wishing you all the best tomorrow. Will be thinking of you and look forward to hearing your recovery journey. Really hope I join you on Thursday!
 
haha defiantly be wimps together. I am absolutely terrified and if one more person says o dont worry it'll all be over and done with this time next week im going to scream! the surgery may be over but the months of recovery are just beginning, but my friends and family just dont seem to get how worried i am x



Leanne83 thinking of you for 2 moro love it will all be fine :flwrysmile: i totally understand what your saying here so we can worry about it together :console2: xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom