I am overwhelmed by the amount of support from all of you. I cannot thank you enough. At the risk of sounding repetitive, I'd be LOST and over-the-top FRIGHTENED if not for the supportive and INFORMATION given by this valuable community. I feel so grateful.
Okay...good news...I will get this, I will, I will, I'm determined for myself and for all of you, too to make this recovery possible. I hope to help you along the way, perhaps bring about a smile, or two!
So, another horrible, awful night last night "primarily" fretting over pain control and experiencing greater than usual amounts of pain, I'm sure the spike in pain is secondary to my first full PT session, as well as everything else this journey entails at Day [HASH=56]#7-8[/HASH].
DH had to return to work today (I've never seen a 65 yr old man so keen to return to work in my lifetime), so this has also been my first solo day. Usual over-the-top pain, take oxycodone (or not)

ice, elevate, potty, rest, fluids, etc. My routine has been like 12:00 am prep for bed, 3:00 am awake & re-prep/doze, 6:00 am awake & re-prep/doze, 9:00 am up for the day. Do whatever is necessary 'til 12:00 midnight, REPEAT.
GOOD NEWS:
1-OS office calls with new written narcotic script. There is zero way I can manage (Uber) the 50+ mile round trip to obtain the written script. I am working with one of my neighbors, who frequents the town where my OS practices, to secure the script and bring it home to me. Then, DH can bring MY DRIVER'S LICENSE, HIS DRIVER'S LICENSE and the script to our local Walgreens and hopefully, I will have another 5 days (I guess) of pain meds to utilize (if required).
I DIDN'T EVEN QUESTION WHICH MEDICATION IS PRESCRIBED. I couldn't bear listening to the "Medical/Office Manager," aka "Debby Downer" get into it with me. So, I profusely thanked "Debby" for her help and immediately tried locating someone to fetch the script for me, etc before I run out of Oxycodone tomorrow morning, Friday the 8th around 6:00 am.
2-Of course this part was MISSED by me but I recall reading about it on BoneSmart...as time goes by, extreme tightening, inflexibility, stiffness, pain and rigidity develop in our knee replacement area upon waking. OMG. Anyhow, I massage, cried, ROM'd, exercised it all out at 3:00 am and managed to make it to the bathroom. I'm thankful for Depends Silhouettes. Slow & steady but I managed to recall the Bone Smart info and safely make my way to the bathroom.
3-I cried, gritted teeth, cringed my way slowly around after rising BUT I DID IT! I thought, "I feel like one of those bullet wounded Desperados you see in the old Western Movies!" You know when the outlaw receives a bullet wound, yet he and his posse must stay underground. So, the posse drags the person to some unsavory 'doctor,' who hits up everything with whiskey (the wound, the outlaw), places a nasty rag between the outlaw's teeth, outlaw grits away and screams as bullet is removed with this nasty looking forceps tool. DONE! I cannot imagine how people did it before "modern" medicine but that's another post. Anyhow, that was me this morning. I thought, "As I enter the start of Post-Op Week #2 (8th post op day today), I'm gonna do whatever it takes to make it through this recovery with a positive mindset." I am literally taking things one hour at a time, one day at a time. This is a new normal for my recovery 'cause from today forward, I'm gonna basically be on my own during the daytime.
4-Even though it was a challenge, I managed my morning routine...freshen up a bit, putz around kitchen, get coffee on, warm some lunch, exchange ice packs, take morning meds, feed by kitties, comfort my beloved Havanese Dog, Ernie, rest, elevate, etc.
5-After I insisted, DH and I tried a different infusion set-up for Rexie last night...surprisingly it went very well. I sat in my Recovery Chair, super-duper padded myself up, placed Rexie in his cozy cushion and held him on my lap, dangled the infusion bag off my floor lamp, comforted Rexie, infused away. I know I must be super cautious about any accidental scratches and I am. Accidental is the word. In 18 years, I've never seen this cat hiss, claw, bite, or growl at anyone (or anything). He is special and the fluids are temporary comfort measures. I will miss Rex deeply when he is gone

6-Today, Ernie is my emotional savior and my constant companion. This lil' guy has not left my side since I returned home from hospital on Friday, November 31. He's been without doubt, the EASIEST CREATURE to deal with...certainly easier than 1) the inpatient nurses, 2) Debby Downer at OS's office and 3) DH.