Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR TKR revision

I can’t go far into a traditional squat at the moment.
I'm almost 20 months post-op and still can't get down into a traditional squat. I doubt I will ever be able to do so.

But I have been able to build up quad strength. The exercise recommended to me was the "chair pose" (from yoga) -- it's a bit like the sit-to-stand exercise many PTs teach except you don't sit, you hold yourself in the almost-seated position for as long as you can, then stand up and repeat. I'm sure you can find videos with a google search.
 
@benne68 thanks! Surgeon recommended doing the leg press at the gym but holding it until the muscle starts to tire. That sounds good except I’m not a gym member and I don’t have a leg press at home
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
Back
Top Bottom