Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR Recovery Journey

Dedou, you are SO right! The numbers are not important! Newknee, please do not obsess with numbers! The bend will come. Countless members here have gained flexion and extension well into their 2nd year! These numbers are holding a lot of people hostage to fear!
Dedou, listening to your body is the way to go! You were not ranting, just giving great advice!
Don’t worry, newknee!
 
I agree with not stressing about numbers. I had 130 and 120 in my knees for the first two weeks, which I was determined to hold on to. So I pulled each day until I achieved this, but it got steadily more painful and the angle worse and worse. Then I found this forum and stopped all that.
At 10 weeks out, one knee just returned to 130+ all of it’s own accord, but only when I first wake up. The other is trailing behind, but much better.
I push gently against stiffness, but stop as soon as it hurts on an exercise bike.
 
Ps the point of my post is that I have two TKRs, both done on the same day by the same surgeon, same treatment post surgery, but they are poles apart in recovery. So no point in comparing with other people, although it’s good to know a rough timeframe.
 
Every knee is different for sure. Sounds like you really have a handle on things, Ghostpipe!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom