Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR:Dancing with Myself

It's a bright, sunny afternoon and here I am, "toes above nose" and ice pack in place. I've overdone it again, not deliberately, and my knee is swollen and protesting.
On Sunday I came back from the coast for a committee meeting at the charity I volunteer for. It's a one hour drive, which is about my limit. On Monday I left home in good time for the meeting. It's 4.5 miles away, on the other side of the town and takes about 20 minutes, but not this day. It took 75 minutes, the town was in grid-lock, and by the time I got there my knee was very sore. I was really annoyed to be over 45 minutes late for the meeting too as it seems so unprofessional, even if I can't control the traffic.
So I'm more than a little frustrated, angry really. I need a chill pill!
 
Ouch!!! Sounds like you are doing the right thing to get your poor knee back on track. No one ever claimed that recovery was a straight line!! We all take steps forward and backward as we go along. Hope you're feeling better soon.
 
Recovery is a great deal like a roller coaster ride---it has its ups and its downs. I reality, the recovery looks more like this:
[Bonesmart.org] TKR:Dancing with Myself
You are gong to have some good days and some real clunkers, too---but, in the end, you will reach your destination of being completely recovered.
 
After a bad week of swelling, pain and getting myself upset and angry at the 'state of the knee' I had some good news today. Firstly, Occupational Health signed me off as fit to go back to my voluntary admin work. It's only half a day a week, but it will get me out of the house and meeting people again. This is on the basis that I will recognise my limits and not do anything silly!
Secondly I have managed to arrange an appointment with my OS for two weeks time, which fits in with my physio plan. At least I will get the OS' opinion on progress and whether anything can be or needs to be done at this stage.
 
After a weekend of constant rain we have woken up to a sharp frost. Let's be careful out there!

This week is busy, busy, busy. Three check-ups - eyes, sleep apnoea and knee are all coming in at once. Only one was scheduled for this wek originally, but I lost a contact lens on Saturday and they want me to have a check-up before they order the replacement; it makes sense, really, she the replacement will cost £75.
I decided that as my ROM has gone backwards from 105 to 90 and my knee swells whenever I take any exercise that I would to see my OS. Better sooner rather than later if something is up. His PA was lovely and fitted me in within two weeks of my calling, so I'm seeing him on Thursday.
I also have two Christmas presents to buy that I couldn't get online, so, loins girded, I will be taking a trip into town.
All this will be interspersed with a lot of "toes above nose" so that I'm up to visiting the family next weekend for No 1 niece's Masters Convocation.
 
I also have two Christmas presents to buy that I couldn't get online, so, loins girded, I will be taking a trip into town.
Oh, my---you had certain better gird those loins and prepare to do battle! I do not get along with crowds---especially at the holidays. I feel like the Grinch when I am forced to go the mall or just plain shopping!

Be careful!
 
Happy Thanksgiving USAian Smarties. I hope you are all elevating your limbs and resting in preparation for viewing, rather than participating in, tomorrow's shopping mayhem.

I saw my lovely OS today who made lots of reassuring noises, put my mind at rest for now, and intends to see me again in 3 months time. I'm not doing anything wrong, I just need more time.
He was also sporting a very debonair moustache grown for Movember. Like I said, a lovely chap.
 
I saw my lovely OS today who made lots of reassuring noises, put my mind at rest for now, and intends to see me again in 3 months time. I'm not doing anything wrong, I just need more time.
That is it!! You cannot rush it---take your time, be patient (that is tough, I know)---and allow time for the knee to continue to recover.
 
Happy New Year and Happy New Knees to all the Bonesmarties.
This time last year I was suffering from a sudden collapse of my right knee and expecting to wait for at least 3 years before anything would be done. Thanks to my lovely consultant I've had a new right knee for 6 months. There have been good days and bad days, but the balance has drifted to more good than bad and will continue.
Onward and upward in 2015.
 
What a difference, huh!!! So glad to hear the world is brighter for you.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom