THR Ticksmom Recovery

You posted about missing loved ones you lost this time of year. Our posts crossed one another.

Grieving a loss during the holidays is very common.
We can all relate in one way or another. I heard a saying once that I love and haven't forgotten.
It's in regard to thinking / dwelling on those we've lost:

"IT'S OKAY TO LOOK, JUST TRY NOT TO STARE."
The dwelling and lingering too long is the part that gets us into trouble.

Allow yourself reasonable time to reminisce, then busy yourself before it becomes overwhelming, dragging you down. I hope this helps. I'm truly sorry you're feeling so down...... @ticksmom
 
You posted about missing loved ones you lost this time of year. Our posts crossed one another.

Grieving a loss during the holidays is very common.
We can all relate in one way or another. I heard a saying once that I love and haven't forgotten.
It's in regard to thinking / dwelling on those we've lost:

"IT'S OKAY TO LOOK, JUST TRY NOT TO STARE."
The dwelling and lingering too long is the part that gets us into trouble.

Allow yourself reasonable time to reminisce, then busy yourself before it becomes overwhelming, dragging you down. I hope this helps. I'm so sorry you're feeling so down...... @ticksmom
Thank you [emoji1317]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
Big hugs...I'm so sorry for your losses. I hope you are able to feel the support through us here at BS so you feel less alone. ❤
 
Hi ticksmom, I had LTHR the same day you did Dec. 5. I can definitely relate to the grieving and sadness you are feeling. I lost my Mom at this time last year and although I just turned 70 , going through this I felt I just wanted my Mom here. I lost my Dad and brother too a few years ago and have just felt this overwhelming loss. Think it’s partly the time of year, all the meds and just the shock my body has been through. It passed for me in a couple of days. I cried my way through some sugary made for TV Christmas movies and got it all out. Felt sort of silly after that I was being such a baby. But this is real and major surgery and we need to be kind to ourselves. I am a person who likes to be in control of myself and not rely on others so this has been hard for me. Hang in there. Give yourself permission to feel sorry for yourself for a day then look to next week and next month. This really will pass. Sending you hugs and know that we are all here for you!
 
Hi ticksmom, I had LTHR the same day you did Dec. 5. I can definitely relate to the grieving and sadness you are feeling. I lost my Mom at this time last year and although I just turned 70 , going through this I felt I just wanted my Mom here. I lost my Dad and brother too a few years ago and have just felt this overwhelming loss. Think it’s partly the time of year, all the meds and just the shock my body has been through. It passed for me in a couple of days. I cried my way through some sugary made for TV Christmas movies and got it all out. Felt sort of silly after that I was being such a baby. But this is real and major surgery and we need to be kind to ourselves. I am a person who likes to be in control of myself and not rely on others so this has been hard for me. Hang in there. Give yourself permission to feel sorry for yourself for a day then look to next week and next month. This really will pass. Sending you hugs and know that we are all here for you!
Thank you. Good advice and I will try it.


Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @ticksmom
Hoping today feels a little brighter.
If not.....don't forget we're here.
This recovery biz can get tough at times and if anyone "gets it" it's us.
So please stop by to share. Whether it be good, bad, happy, sad we'll be here. That's a promise!
Wishing you peace for today...
 
Hi all. Today is brighter. I slept well and woke up feeling refreshed and ready to begin again. Thanks for all your kindness. Merry Christmas [emoji268]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
So glad you are having a brighter day.
 
Hi all. Survived Christmas [emoji1335]. I have a question for you all. Have you gotten the nerve pain in your thigh? I got it, called the doctor a week ago and he said that it is from nerves being damaged in the replacement and that they will heal. As it heals, it feels like stinging and burning. I was tilted to use lidocaine cream. They also said that as they heal, I would feel like little zaps would be in my skin. So far, but as many zaps as burning sensations. Any other ideas on how to cope with this? I really don't want to call doctor to get gabapentin or something.


Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
I had those and have had them off and on as the numb spot gets smaller. I find ice provides some relief.
 
Hi @ticksmom
I hope you had a nice Christmas.
Most all of us experience sensations you've described.
Burning, stinging, numbness, prickly sensations etc
When you consider what your poor leg endured it's understandable.
Muscles, tendons, ligaments were cut through and are re-generating and healing.
At only three weeks out if you're uncomfortable and regular icing for 40-60 mins
several times daily isn't helping, possibly you need to talk to your OS about pain management.
There is no sense in suffering if there's a solution.
To brighter days...
 
You guys are not going to believe this! I had a stroke a couple of days ago. It was mild and caught very quickly so I am none the worse for the wear. It just made me be in the hospital again. My hip is doing just fine now and I'm doing the exercises as prescribed...Just this bump in the road. More pills. Shoot! I already take a solid handful twice a day. To this I get to add blood thinners. Ugh. Not to happy with the eating changes I need to make. [emoji381] But, what ya gonna do? I spent new years Eve in the hospital. Yippity.
[Bonesmart.org] Ticksmom Recovery


Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
Oh no!!! That must have been a shock and a half!? I hope your neurologist is kind and easygoing. Better 2018, please?


Bilateral Total Knee Replacement 27 November 2017
 
Oh my @ticksmom-that is a jolt. Sorry it is how you brought in the new year. Glad it was mild and caught quickly. Also glad your hip is doing well. Take care of yourself!
 
Oh no, how scary for you. Very glad that it was a mild one and caught quickly.
Wishing you a happy and healthy 2018
 
So, all is well. I now have a neurologist to add to my list of doctors. It never send to end LOL. I have a question for you all. I am now in week 5 of recovery and I have been having pain in my groin and outside of my hip. Sometimes it goes down the outside of my leg about 8 inches or so. Is this sort or normal? I have been going without the cane inside my house for a few days now, and have taken the riser from my toilet. Maybe I need to do more walking and exercise? Any thoughts?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
Oh my stars! You certainly have started this recovery thing off rough. So glad things are better.
Don't think you need to add extra exercising to your schedule.
I had some pretty aggravating groin and thigh pain up to 4 months...maybe you should consider using the cane a little again and see if it helps.
Your body has been through alot.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom