THR Ticksmom Recovery

Hi @ticksmom, I stopped doing the physio given exercises very early on as they were causing groin pain and I haven’t started them again. Just stuck with gradually increasing my waking. I rest, elevate and ice regularly during the day. I hope your pain eases. :flwrysmile:
 
How frightening @ticksmom
I'm so sorry for that detour to add to all else.
Thankfully the stroke was mild, caught early and you're healing.
Since you've weathered so much lately, let's ask @Josephine to weigh in on your situation.
I'm sure she can offer some great advice and reassurance in regard to your pain.
I've tagged her for you. She's in the U.K. so please check back.
Big hugs and prayers for a totally boring, uneventful week, you need a break.....and a flower :flwrysmile:
 
How frightening @ticksmom
I'm so sorry for that detour to add to all else.
Thankfully the stroke was mild, caught early and you're healing.
Since you've weathered so much lately, let's ask @Josephine to weigh in on your situation.
I'm sure she can offer some great advice and reassurance in regard to your pain.
I've tagged her for you. She's in the U.K. so please check back.
Big hugs and prayers for a totally boring, uneventful week, you need a break.....and a flower :flwrysmile:
Thank you [emoji1317]


Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
@ticksmom I am so sorry that you have had such a rough time after the THR, and having to deal with a stroke. I agree with @AnnieC , it may be too early to ditch the toilet riser. I was told to keep it until at least my 6 week appointment, which will be at 7 weeks. I hope that you get to feel better soon. Warm hugs your way.

Di
 
Dang! I’m keeping this thing until I’m good and ready. When my ‘children’ learn manners and apply it consistently, we may have this chat again.
 
Here I am. Still plugging along. I have a question for the gang. It's that anything I can do about the sharp groin pain I am now feeling? Surgery was Dec. 5th. This pain seemed to begin 2 weeks ago or so.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
I had some off and on with first hip for a few months, usually if I pushed exercise or lifted too much. Have you started any new exercises or done lots of walking? Are you still icing?
 
Did the physio give you straight leg lifts to do? If they did stop them. They are what caused my groin pain and it’s only just starting to ease now over 2 months later!!
 
I tagged Josephine a couple days back, let's let her weigh in on your pain.
Check back in case she has questions. If you're exercising, or doing PT, try taking a step back for a few days
and see if it improves. Consider icing, if you're not already.
Hopefully it begins easing soon. :console2:
@ticksmom
 
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I tend to overdo things, so I will slow down the pace and do lots more icing. [emoji57]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
Hey @ticksmom
Wondering how you're doing?
Jo's been very busy or possibly missed the tag.
Hope you're doing better and that pain has lessened.
If not, let's tag her again...
Wishing you a peaceful day!
 
Hey @ticksmom
Wondering how you're doing?
Jo's been very busy or possibly missed the tag.
Hope you're doing better and that pain has lessened.
If not, let's tag her again...
Wishing you a peaceful day!
Thank you. Still sore, but have determined it is muscle pain as I have been walking "wrong" for quite some things prior to surgery. I'm thinking I'm as normal as it can be at this stage of recovery. It gets worse as the day goes on.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
Have you purchased new shoes since having your THR. If you are wear old shoes they will have a wearing pattern that might be aggravating that hip. We always recommend new shoes only post op.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom