Guest viewing is limited

THR THR

First of all I want to say a huge heartfelt thank you to everyone who has sent me a lovely message and great advice. It is so very much appreciated.

Today I went to the hospital for scans to determine if I had a dvt. My legs were duly measured, I saw the doctor who took lots of family and personal history, then he sent me for the scan. The radiographer was brilliant and kept me fully informed. She found nothing to indicate dvt. I was so relieved I almost cried! The doctor said he thinks my d dimer reading was high because of the trauma of surgery and told me to call him if I needed to for anything.

I can't tell you how relieved I am!

Dee
 
Whew! Wonderful news! Thank you for updating.
I’m so happy for you. It’s such a relief to receive good news about something that’s been causing such stress and anxiety.
A peaceful afternoon and evening to you!
@Dee62
 
@Dee62, I am so happy for you!!
Now that you are relieved of this burden, you can concentrate on your recovery.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Dee62 such great news! I know you probably let out a big sign of relief. Kick back and enjoy the evening!
 
The doctor said he thinks my d dimer reading was high because of the trauma of surgery and told me to call him if I needed to for anything.
I'm really happy for you. You must be so relieved.

The doctor said what I thought as well. I'm glad he was so helpful.
 
:hi: Hi Dee
Well...it’s one month to date. Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope your weekend is a good one. :)
@Dee62
 
@Layla , gosh, I'd completely forgotten the date!

Dee
 
@Dee62 so glad to read your scan went well. A bit relief! Treat yourself to something yummy to eat. You need to get your appetite back.
 
Has anybody else got/had pain inner thigh on operated side?

Dee
 
@Dee62 I completely missed this! What great news, I am over the moon for you :spin::dancy:

Inner thigh pain. Hmm. I had pains all over the place! At one point I was drawing illustrations of the pain. One looked like my groin all the way around had a seriously Arctic case of icicles. Big ones, halfway down my thigh. So, yes maybe I did have? I was undermedicating in that case. I had the same pain in the second hip, but paid no attention to it because right there next to the pain was my perfectly good first hip. You might have strained a muscle, or it might be a bruise from being manhandled (I had fingerprint bruises the second time! :flabber: ) For myself I might try ice (or heat, you never know what will feel good) and maybe some tylenol and/or ibuprofen.
 
Last edited:
Has anybody else got/had pain inner thigh on operated side?

One month out is still early days and many still struggle with some pain or discomfort at this point. Look at your activity level, or any exercises you may be engaging in. I’d try icing the area several times per day, for no less than 45-60 minutes each time you ice. If you’re exercising, consider stopping. Hips do not need exercise to heal, walking is best, but not to excess.
Wishing you speedy relief and a great week!
 
@Dee62 So happy you received a good report on your scan... yay! I had quite a bit of inner thigh pain with my most recent THR.. I've noticed several members commenting on it, too.
Then there's all of the migrating aches, pains and twinges... :gaah:

All part of the healing, I'm afraid and agree with what Layla mentioned above.. assess your activity over the past couple of days and rest, elevate and ice.. boring, yes. Helpful? Yes!

I hope you are having a good recovery day today. :flwrysmile:
 
Just back from a camping trip, so catching up. I’m so happy for you! It is such a relief. Yes, there will be lots of aches and pains. Even at a few months out, I strained my inner thigh muscles moving some boxes. The healing goes on and it takes a while for everything to catch up. Ice, elevate and continue to look forward to the “I haven’t been able to do that in a while” normal things. It’s just simply the best feeling. ❤️
 
Me again!

I have another question: how soon do people return to work?

I work in a fabric and haberdashery shop, 4 days a week + every 3rd Saturday (although was furloughed from 23rd March, then statutory sick pay since my op). The job involves being on my feet for a total of 7 and a half hours with half hour for lunch. Shop is very busy and on 3 floors. Bathroom is on 4th floor. I just don't know how I'm going to manage it. I'm still using one crutch. My doctor has signed me off until 26th July which will be just under 8 weeks post op. I'm very nervous about it, and my boss is unapproachable.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Dee
 
The recommended time off work post THR is 10-12 weeks and then a Phased return to work. Sounds like you need to get your doctor to give you additional time. I would not go back to being on your feet that long while still using a crutch.

My first job was in a fabric and haberdashery shop. It's hard work especially if the shop is busy. The government has just extended the furlough program. Will your employer take up the extension?
 
@Jaycey, my employer put me on ssp after my op, which is a pittance really. Doctor has mentioned phased return to work but at the moment I'm nowhere near ready for even an hour on my feet. It's making me very anxious. There's also the added worry that as it's summer, we get alot of holidaymakers as we're on the coast, which also makes me anxious.

Dee
 
Yes it is a very anxious time for everyone. I live on the coast and when the weather is good everyone flocks to the beaches. I guess all we can do is stay safe ourselves and let all the day trippers do their thing.

I hope you can stay off work until you are a bit more recovered. Don't you do lots of lifting in that shop? New hips do not like heavy lifting.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom