THR THR tell me about your recovery

Yes, I had one in the hospital and told to bring home. I think I used it once since every time they checked my oxygen levels at home by nurse or PT it was 98 or 99 % so I figured I was fine and I did some deep breathing on my own without the silly thing. I do a inhale for 5, hold for 5, exhale for 5 and then hold again and start again. I have done these for years for relaxation, when I cannot sleep and other times.
 
Merry Christmas to you @Layla and everyone else. Doing good so far, been able to keep moving forward without ant setbacks so far. Paying close attention to not overdo which isn't easy. Been walking around the property and went for a walk in the woods, not the best idea, might have to wait on that a little too many things to trip over and plenty of rocks and holes. I've been going to the park's walking track and walking 1/2 mi. every day. Spent some time out in my shop today putting tools away and cleaning up from the jobs pre surgery. I knew when enough was enough and went in and iced.
 
too many things to trip over and plenty of rocks and holes

I'm still leery of that. Uneven surfaces that is. I almost tripped in a pot hole in Target parking lot earlier tonight in the dark, of all places. Caught myself, but it's still scary!

You're doing great! Keep it up...
 
The dangers that lurk. :skep:
Be it the wilds of East Tennessee or the potholes of shopping mart parking lots. :) :-) (:
In either case...NO FALLING :beg:

Merry Christmas, my friend @Eman85
You'll be back in the race soon and better for it.
:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
 
Happy Sunday to you!
I hope you had a nice Christmas and continue to enjoy progress.
Hopefully you're feeling stronger week by week. I'm betting 2020 is going to be a good year for you. Cheers to the New Year / new you! :cheers:
@Eman85
 
Thanks @Layla Christmas was great, it was 70*! Been walking the track or downtown every day. Don't want to junx myself but I've stayed away from over doing it. I guess having done it with the first lets you know the boundaries. I've carried the cane for insurance but use it less and less. Of course it still is stiff and sore and also weak in some ways. It's still a slow go and frustrating at times as there is so much I want to do.
 
Hey @Eman85 thanks for updating!

I remember it feeling like a slow go many days, frustrating too.
It will all come in due time...as you know.
You're doing it right and the pay off will be sweet. It sounds like your recovery is going well. I'm happy for you. :)

Wishing you a nice week. Another holiday week coming up when I'll forget which day it is after Wednesday. It will feel like Saturday or Sunday, on Thursday.
I'm cuckoo...I know! :heehee:
 
Small setback yesterday! Beautiful day so I was outside and did a few simple chores. Electric fence had a problem so I was out walking the fence row in the pasture. It's hilly and I was using my hiking stick. Found where the wire was loose and fixed it and walked back in. I guess the uneven ground taxed my muscles differently so I ended up with the side of my thigh sore. Spent the rest of the day resting and icing. Still have one spot on my thigh, seems like the IT band, that is sore. Ain't this recovery stuff great!
 
Good Morning, Eman
I'm sorry to hear you're having a small setback. Hopefully it's short lived. You know all the right things to do to recover from it. Just in case you haven't read this article...there's one below on ITB issues.
Hope you're feeling better soon!

@Eman85
 
Thanks, I've read that before as my left side IT stayed sore for some time. This was odd as it of course didn't hurt at all while I was out walking. Sat in the chair and it was almost like a cramp when it started hurting. It's just one spot, if I stand with my arms at my side it's about where my hands touch my thigh. I can walk around with no pain, just certain movements make it sore. I was doing a little evaluation this morning to see what triggered it. Lying in bed I could move just about any way I wanted and lift my leg with no problem. When I slid my heel towards my butt to lay with my knees up it was fine for a moment and then it got to hurting. I could massage it and calm it down. So here we go with rest,ice and time.
 
Hope all eases soon...having fun yet?
:bored:
You know the drill..:ice:

Sending healing mojo your way and wishing you a :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
uneven ground taxed my muscles differently so I ended up with the side of my thigh sore.
Uneven ground still taxes my muscles, even at 7 months! We've had so much rain here in UK that everywhere we take the dog for walks is a muddy quagmire. Slogging through mud which grabs your wellie boots is really a workout! :walking: Its been as you say an exercise in patience. But I take solace in the fact that slowly but surely, our muscles WILL get stronger and we will be able to do what we need to do, on whatever terrain it may be. Happy healing and :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
Isn't the uneven ground deal amazing! I don't own any flat ground, even the road I'm on is very hilly. I remember it well from last time how uphill/downhill would make my IT Band ache, and here I am.
 
Agree but I bet hills were worse with the OA grinding pain? I remember moaning and crying and moving like a snail to go uphill before my op! Please tell me the post THR thigh pain did get better after awhile....
 
I hope the discomfort eases soon, @Eman85
Wishing you healing, health, peace, love and joy in 2020.
Happy New Year!

:new-year-toast-smiley-emoticon:
 
Just got back from walking my laps at the track with no problems. The one sore spot is now tightness in the IT band but it's easing off. It really doesn't bother me with most movements as I keep evaluating it. Sitting on my ice pad as I type.
@Calgal I had my hip pain for 50+ years, it was just another day at the office. I could and would do anything imaginable, of course I paid the price later in the day, but I never stopped. The muscle deal is different because I want and know this will heal, just frustrating to have something so small knock me backwards.
Happy New Year to all!
 
8 weeks! I mentioned to my wife it's been 8 weeks, she said that went by quick, my reply was maybe for you. Everything's been going good, walking 1+ mi everyday at the park.
I have 1 muscle that's not cooperating to it's fullest. I can easily bend and touch my toes and the floor. I can easily squat and go down to my knees. I have 1 muscle at the back of my thigh that is tight. If I lay and do heel slides I can feel it and how tight it is. If I bend my rt. knee and lean forward and reach for my foot it's so tight I can't get very low as it's tight. Yet if I don't bend that knee or don't reach for my foot it's fine. It's getting better as I work stretching it. OS said to try some heat so I've used the hot tub and stretch while in it.
On a side note a friend was telling me that when his wife passed away she was cremated. Along with her ashes they gave him her artificial hip implant. Since my wishes are cremation it works out great for my 2 kids now that I have both replaced. No fighting over who gets the souvenir!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom