THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MThipkid, I have been using the walker for 6 1/2 weeks now, and I will say this: it is the best upper body workout ever!! :loll:One of my kids saw me in a sleeveless shirt and said " Wow, Mom, you've got guns!" :yes!:
Got to take what few perks there are, right? :-)

Hang in there!
 
@liucheang
I intend to try, ideally it would be a combo of a couple hours on the job per day supplemented by paperwork dine at home.
Unfortunately the bulk of my responsibilities have to be handled at the job site as I am an addictions counselor and I see clients and lead groups, none of which can be done from home.
Luckily paperwork is never ending and my hope is that I can do much of it from home.
Will update after my meeting tomorrow
 
@MThipkid, the rollator walker has been my savior, as I have needed an aid for almost a year. I tool around in that thing so fast and carry everything on the seat. Today I was moving a printer with it, and bins of laundry and my plates of food everyday. And, like dinsmaum, I have rather nice arms for a 68 year old, due I'm sure to the walker use!
 
@Krista
Why have you needed an aid for so long? Amazon says mine is set arrive Tuesday, i feel it will help me get around at work better.
 
@MThipkid, I have had a complication since THR last summer, a badly torn gluteus medius tendon, that doesn't allow me to walk unaided. It took a long time to get a diagnosis, and I had to switch surgeons to get it. New surgeon will do the repair on August 15. Will be only partial weight-bearing for 6 weeks to allow it to heal properly, so I have walking aids in my future until mid-October. But, honestly, I haven't minded using it at all since my surgical soft tissues and bone healed, and the surgical pain was over. Using it is just like breathing to me, I don't even think about it. The rollator allows you to walk smoothly and quickly, which is why I love it. I hope it will be a great help to you at work!
 
So sorry you have all the extra stuff, I guess I will quit lamenting my 6 weeks with the walker.
Thanks again for sharing the solution, in general I've been going about this whole thing rather blindly.
Once again this excellent site has been a tremendous help
 
Hey, @MThipkid, I didn't discover hip replacement forums until I was 6 months post-op, so I was the blindest imaginable! Just bumbled my way on through somehow. Don't know how I did it, actually. It wasn't fun.
 
I bet!! So, i have a question for all. I got up today and within a couple hours of my normal activities I notice a painless clunking in the hip. I don't want to panic, but this is new to me.
Should I be concerned?
 
I've never had that, but there is a link at the top of the thread list page called Noise Issues that may answer your question.
 
An actual clunk noise or just feeling of clunkiness? I've had the latter a couple of times with no ill-effects.
 
@MThipkid : I am an addiction counselor too! In Michigan. In fact, I was leading groups both times my hip dislocated, February and April. Apparently I am now the stuff of legends amongst the clients, lol! Currently I work in a residential probation facility, but previously have worked at strictly outpatient clinics.

Prior to the surgery, I was able to work from home part of the time, doing the paper work via a remote connection, and doing the planning for the groups and stuff. It was a big help. You are right, there is so much paperwork; if you could work it out to see clients and then do paperwork at home, that would help alot!!
 
@dinsmaum
Greeting fellow counselor!! Yes, it is an out patient facility, we work with a bare bones staff so I known my absence is affecting the team. Of course we are understaffed, most treatment places are.
But, yes, on this I am going to have to be selfish.
Especially since you brought up the dreaded dislocated word!!! I don't want anything to do with that.
 
@Zelda
A clunking feeling, maybe imagine I can hear it from inside my body, but it A distinctive clunky feeling, as though whatever is moving as I walk is getting hung up or catching. Similar to the clunk in my knees when they need to do a tremendous pop.
No pain at all, and it only lasted a short while, I haven't noticed it again today but I've been extra conservative with my strides too.
 
@MThipkid I rememeber that frorm my first hip. It's pretty normal. Until the muscles, tendons, ligaments knit back into place there can be some movement of the new ball inside the new socket. I wouldn't stress,but I wouldn't push it either.

Kyle
 
Phew!! It seemed odd to me as I had not done anything different or overly exerted, I figured it must be fine as it doesn't hurt at all.
 
@kwarendorf
Cool! That makes me feel better, here's hoping it stays away or is only intermittent.
Its just weird having noises coming from your body, well, ones we've never heard before.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom