Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

Thinking of you today as you get on to work.
If some of the pain is inevitable at this point, I hope you find some distractions in being or in the world.
I'm guessing you will be wiped out later so prime up those ice packs.
Wishing you well.

Oh my - back to work :hairpulling: That does NOT sound like a fun day. Hopefully there will be distractions that keep you from thinking about the hips but hopefully it will be an easy day for you. Just rest ice and elevate when you get back home and that should help. Sending good wishes your way for a successful day :flwrysmile:

Hi @Berber7227. In case you check in want you to know I’m thinking of you. Hope return to work is going ok and you are finding way of managing various issues.

Yay for Friday. I'm guessing if you've been working all week, you are saying the same.
Hope you managed and are planning on relaxing this weekend.
:wave:

Hi @Berber7227
We're wondering if you made it through the work week?
Let us know....we're all rooting for you.
Hope you can rest up this weekend :flwrysmile:

I hope you are making it through the days okay, Berber.
I wondered if you were super frustrated as it is hard to read of recoveries that seem to go better than our own.
And to read of those with much worse situations.
We all want hips to have been our only problem, hence resolved.
I am discovering although infinitely better I may have some SI issues to pursue.:oyvey:
Hips still had to be done, would have eventually completely collapsed.
Just wanted you to know we wonder how you have been.
Hope Thing 1 and Thing 2 are holding up as you continue to deal with your other issues!

Hi @Berber7227
Stopping by to say Hi
Wondering how you're doing...
Hoping things are falling into place for you at work.
Wishing you a great weekend!

:hi:
Wondering how things are going with you?
Hope all is easing some.
Almost 5 months..
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!:) :-) (:

Is there anyone out there still in pain at 11 months out. Am I doing something wrong?

I was so excited to have "Berber sighting" but then was sad to see you're still in pain! Yes, there are still some of us that still have pain this far out - some who are still posting on this site and some that have just faded away. If I remember, you had some back issues that came up after the surgery. Are you still dealing with that or is it something else?

I don't have constant pain but have been having pain in the groin and top of thigh for several months. I've been asking to be evaluated for a psoas impingement for months and instead got treated for a non-existent back problem. I finally self-referred to another OS and within 5 minutes he was pointing at the x-ray and showing me where the psoas muscle and tendon were and explaining about psoas impingement. Finally! I had an injection into the psoas tendon this morning and am hopeful it will provide relief (the anesthetic has worn off but, while it was still active, they had me lift my knee and I could do it without pain for the first time in over 5 months. Same with putting my ankle on my knee.

Hugs! :console2:

Last edited:
Had all those tests. So far nothing is wrong with me.

Oh @Berber7227, so sorry to hear you still have pain. I remember they tried a number of things for you. Does it hurt in the same spots on both legs, or is it just one? Like Sara said, it could be muscles of some sort. I have been having problems with muscles and knee of left leg (had that hip replace two years ago), but the most recent one seems fine. I go to OS next week and want him to evaluate left leg and hopefully come up with a plan. However, I doubt my discomfort is anywhere close to yours. I just figure it is going to take me awhile to get everything balanced out.

You could tag Jo or one of the admins--they may have some thoughts.

It is still good to hear from you, just wish it wasn't because you are in pain.

Nice to hear from you, Berber! :) :-) (:
I'm sorry you're still suffering pain after all these months.
Consider tagging Josephine, if you're interested. I'll leave the decision to you.
Hope at the very least it's only one leg and not both.
Wishing you comfort and answers :console2:
@Berber7227

:wave: my bilateral friend!
So sorry you are still struggling and sounds like they are unable to pin down answers.
Try to be very specific about what kind of pain, where it is, and when it manifests...maybe someone on the forum has had a similar issue that was also hard to diagnose???
I have wondered how you were doing often.
... want you to be out of pain and get this sorted:console2:

@Berber7227 can you be a bit more specific - are both hips hurting or just one? Is this constant pain or pain on activity? Does resting, icing and elevating decrease this pain? What are your activity levels now? Josephine is away from the forum for a few days but if you can start giving us more details she may be able to help on her return.

Oh my @Berber7227 - I hope that isn't the case. Is it impacting both legs or one? They coming up with any treatment plan?

Aww, Berber, I'm so sorry to hear that.
I had to read up on it and some of the symptoms sound awful.
Is it affecting both legs since surgery, or just one? Any other body parts, or just symptoms since your BTHR?
If it's being treated with meds....I hope you find some relief soon.
Wishing you comfort.
@Berber7227

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom