Guest viewing is limited

THR Thigh pain at front, 4 weeks after THR

Great report. Have a great day.
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Hope you‘re on target for lawn bowls at the end of the month. I admit I had to look it up because I wasn’t familiar. It sounds similar to bocce ball. Wishing you continued progress and hope you enjoy the sport soon.
Take Care!
@Maldugs
 
Well it has been over 3 months now, I saw my OS and his physio on the 9th Oct, the x-ray showed good placement of the prosthesis and no loosening, he said he was pleased with me and would review me in 6 months, 4 days before I saw him I started walking without the crutch, I hobble a bit when I start out, but after that it is ok, still a bit sore in the scar area, and have to have a rest after walking too far, but I walked all the way from the hospital carpark to his office and back again. Two days ago I went to my bowling club and put a few bowls down, and I went ok, so next Saturday I will be playing! I also had my 80th birthday on the 12th of October, with all my family, so far so good.:yahoo:

Layla, thanks for your comments, there are Bowling clubs all over America.
 
Happy belated birthday, @Maldugs:yahoo:
That soft tissue that is still healing definitely can certainly complain when they get pushed a little too far.
It is inevitable as we get more active and mobile that we will still have tightness and soreness.
Ice is still nice:ice: and things will continue to get better.
You sound to be doing very well.
Hope your Sunday is Sweet.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Thigh pain at front, 4 weeks after THR Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday dear, Maldugs...Happy. Birthday to you. :) Hope it was a good one!
Wishing you a year full of peace, happiness and love.
@Maldugs
 
Ok Hi everyone, I successfully Played a full game of bowls yesterday, full game 42 bowls played, a bit stiff today, used muscles I have not used for a long time, felt great, but still a bit sore along the scar line, guess a bit of healing going on still. :yahoo:
 
Woohoo! :happydance:
Please Ice and rest today if you’re feeling stiff and sore.
sore along the scar line, guess a bit of healing going on still.
Yes, complete healing will continue for months to come. Take it slow, listen to your body, learn your limitations. I hope today is a relaxing one for you.
Have a great week! :)
 
Hi everyone, my hip area is still sore, especially when I am in bed at night, it's nearly 4 months since the operation, I am walking, driving, and playing bowls on Saturdays, so life is getting back to normal, except for the soreness in the hip area, anyone else experiencing this ?
 
I'm at 5 months and there is still a deep ache at night. It's usually when I sleep on my surgical side. It's still healing....
 
Maldugs I am 4 plus weeks into my left hip replacement and other than a bit of numbness am pretty good . If I touch the outside of the hip I can still feel a touch of soreness ,but mostly I don’t notice it. My guess is it’s just your body taking a little longer to heal but is perfectly normal.
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary, Maldugs
I hope you’re doing well and feeling stronger week by week.
With months of healing to go, it should get better and better.
Wishing you all the best! :) :-) (:
@Maldugs
 
Thanks for the replies, I am not doing too bad, resuming life a bit, still a bit sore, but one thing I have noticed, I can reach down to my right, foot easily to put my socks on and tie my shoelaces, but getting the left ( operated ) side is a struggle, have trouble stretching down, seems like the new hip wont stretch that far, anyone else experiencing this?

Regards Mal.
 
but getting the left ( operated ) side is a struggle, have trouble stretching down, seems like the new hip wont stretch that far
Just keep gently stretching. I think it took me a good 6 months post LTHR to be able to bend down a tie shoes. You are asking muscles that have not been working to do their job. You'll get there!
 
With my left at 6 weeks I was able to stretch and reach my foot in the shower. First time I did it I felt a bit of a tearing sensation and then I was fine from there and could tie shoes and do everything else. Now my right was a totally different story. With my right I could ease my way down my leg with my hands and touch my foot as long as my leg was straight. If I was sitting with my leg bent I could not reach down to my foot. It was an odd pulling around my butt and my thigh and I could not do it for quite some time. I kept doing easy stretches and eventually it felt like it released and everything was fine. I'd have to go back and read my recovery thread but it was quite some time before it eased off and it was still noticeable for a long time after. That muscle is still tender/weak and it's been a year.
 
Hi Everyone, 5 months now since the Hip replacement, back to bowling, gardening, driving ok, hip still a bit stiff, but, when sleeping my hip hurts, and I have to alternate sides quite often, I am stiff when I get up with sore back, this all goes away during the day, and I can do stuff without any pain, any clues ? still healing?
 
Yup, still healing. You are 5 months into a 12-18 month recovery so there is still lots of room for improvement. Overall sounds like you are on a pretty good path @Maldugs.
 
I'm at 6 months and your description sounds a lot like where I am, especially at night. It's getting better. My surgeon told me to stretch before bed, so that might help you. Hang in there!
 
Hi everyone, it is now 7 months since my hip replacement, I am doing all the normal things that I do, but my hip is still sore on the outside of my thigh, some days better than others, it is sore in bed, and sometimes when walking and I have to change sides several times during the night, don't know if it is muscular, but if it gets any worse, think I will give my surgeon a ring
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom