Guest viewing is limited

TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

Wellllll..... my PT guy decided it's not a groin pull that I have...its my upper/lower back! He moved me one way and it sounded like popcorn! Too much sitting in the car ( with knees too high), standing, getting in and out of cars.....oh, just about everything I've been doing too much of! He also thinks since this is knee #2, my entire gait, stance, etc has shifted. Now, if we can just straighten me out. ( He's not the first to try! ) And, yes, slowing down was discussed. :yikes:
 
@Thesoutherncook, Helen, I can see the rope will not be sufficient. Bungee cords are in order. Perhaps a body guard as well. And the "Go-Go Boots," must be returned. Really, they must. Hush puppies for you. As for the back, just UGH!!!! Been there and it's the pits! Mine still misbehaves from time to time but only if I .....can you guess? Why yes, you can! Only if I overdo, especially if I overdo with bad form. The knee(s) and the gait really do impact the entire body.

I'm sure PT can help the back/groin/thigh pain if you behave yourself. Please, don't make me bring the straightjacket down there, ok? It's not in the least bit attractive.

(((HUGS)))
 
Oh so sorry @Thesoutherncook. Ouch. Just ouch. Sounds to me like Pheebs, your PT, and you - the ODIC member in question - have this under control. Just surrender your membership card in said club to the BoneSmart way of knee and back healing for a few days. Hoping you are in less pain! <3
 
@Polkadot As I was reading your post, and before I got to the duct tape part, I was thinking duct tape, “it fixes everything”! Too funny!

@Thesoutherncook
Seriously, though, I have back issues of my own and know how bad it can feel.
My chiropractor does wonders for me, as well as muscle relaxers, and then another word we know well......time! I hope yours settles down soon.
 
Helen, I hope today you are feeling better and will continue to take it easy. I don't think Pheebs' straightjacket is very becoming!
Perhaps you should do what my friends and I do when we entertain. We become the "kitchen help" for each other when we are entertaining people other than our group of few. We come in, do the prep work, serve and clean up and then make an exit. That way the hostess is free to sit and entertain and be entertained by her guests. Do you have someone you could call on?
If not, then have your guests help out. Everybody likes to help out especially if they are plied with a glass of wine or two lol! Your recovery should not be jeapordized for anyone!
 
Thanks...”Smartie” “friends”...and I use both of these words loosely! :tantrum2: Seriously? You guys were going to truss me up like the Thanksgiving turkey?? I promise to rest....no straight jacket required! :heehee:

I had a gastro dr appt today 1.5 hrs away so I used the heated seat as a back warmer. Feeling some better...and will see PT tomorrow for more stretching. I also took a Celebrex today, which does my stomach no good but helps the creaky joints...its a trade off and today was necessary.
My TKR feels great! No problems with the ride today except for the usual stiffness and a tiny bit of swelling from sitting. But, at 3 months, that is expected.
 
Glad you are feeling a little better and that the trip to the gastro doc was not too painful for you. What a smart idea to use the heated seat to soothe your back. I hope you have a few more days to rest before you next guests arrive - you certainly don't want Polkadot and Pheebs to show up with their bungee cords, duct tape and straightjacket.
 
Oh, the heated seat! Great idea, @Thesoutherncook! So when your patience with the sore back is fraying, you can jump in the car, flip that heated seat on, and drive around for a while, just like when an infant won't stop crying unless in the car seat, driving around the neighborhood! :driver:

The other thing that worked for my daughter was laying her on the top of our clothes dryer while it was running. Perhaps you could try that, too? :giggle:
 
If there's one thing I learned about back pain, it's that it strikes without warning and only goes away after torturing you for two weeks. And then you have to be nice to your back for two more weeks lest it come back. :blackcloud:Glad to hear your's is getting better!
 
How has the slowing down gone? I can see how your gait can affect everything, especially your back. I have arthritis in my back and it’s usually sore in the mornings until I go for my walk which helps for some strange reason. Will your PT help with the gait issue?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom