THR The Widger has a new hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jaycey, I was recommended to ask for cyclezine via iv, it's amazing apparently, the chap who gave me the info is in and out of this hospital like you wouldn't believe, he has kidney problems and all the nurses know him!!
X


Becki
 
Sounds like you are still recovering from the anaesthetic @Widge422. I think one of the bonesmart articles is about postop blues. Your hospital view sound good, mine is just an internal courtyard but i could not be happier woth the care. Have a good day today, take it easy and make sure you get all the meds you need to stay pain and nausea-free x
 
Hi @Widge422 Becki. Hang in there. With every hour that goes past you are continuing to heal and definitely going in the right direction. In a little while you will be amazed at how much better you feel. Each minute that goes by is another minute towards getting back on your feet and getting your life back. Fond thoughts Gillywigs
 
I know, I had terrible back and neck ache for months before and it has literally disappeared overnight, it's amazing and the surgeon comes in and sees me everyday to check everything and he is amazing too! I am beginning to feel really positive about the future in between my weepy episodes! Lol x


Becki - 1 day post RTHR
 
So happy for you @Widge422 ! The encouragement here is amazing. @Jaycey thank you for reminding us the recovery is a roller coaster! We must be patient with ourselves... We WILL heal & feel GREAT!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's good to hear your other pains have moved on. Some of mine did too, but I wonder how much it's due to the extra pain killers I'm on now? But, hey! -- I'll take what improvements I can get as they come.
 
Just hold in tight! You'll be fine!
[Bonesmart.org] The Widger has a new hip
 
@CatLady1 - I never thought of that! However the surgical hip pain is still very strong so I reckon if the other aches and pains were still there you'd feel them too. forever the optimist!! Lol x


Becki - 1 day post RTHR
 
Hi all, had a good nights sleep last night and was looking forward to a good day and hoping to have a shower, however physio has been in this morning and now in tears, I had to walk up corridor with sticks then back again and a load of exercises, it hurt so much. I am so emotional anyway this hasn't helped, I feel like I have gone backwards! Gutted x



Becki - 2 days post RTHR
 
Hi @Widge422 Becki. So glad you had a good night. Bet you did loads of healing while you were resting. I can imagine how disappointed you were this morning but as you know its very early days. I tend to think, like most of us, that I can overcome virtually anything with positive thoughts and sheer determination but I think in some cases (my surgery) I will have to slow right down and listen to my body. I dont think I will find this easy but it will need to be done. I havent had the op yet but Ive heard people say that the first day or two can be rough and it is only when you get through this that things look and feel better. I would say accept it all at the moment, whatever it is and remember it is only temporary. You wont always feel like this. Be kind to yourself. Ps hope I can take my own advice next week xx Fondest wishes Gillywigs
 
I feel like I have gone backwards!
Don't let PT push you. They do tend to put every patient on a "treadmill" - moving everyone at one pace. Slow down. Tell them you are hurting. You may need to adjust your pain meds a bit.

Don't get discouraged! What seems impossible one minute is easy the next. I'll bet your next trip down the hall is much easier.
 
Oww @Widge422, so sorry that your PT experience was so gruelling. Do you think they maybe need to up your painkillers a bit or time them to make sure you get them well before the physio visit. When i was in the hozzie (i e. Only yesterday!), nurses seemed keen to make sure i had taken a codeine at least an hour before physio came. Sure it will also get better as emotions settle - very early days!


Bettifloss - RTHR 5 January 2016. Posterior approach with ceramic on ceramic prosthesis.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes I think you are right about the pain meds, I was unsure about what I was given this morning so I didn't take them, the physio came and was obviously keen to get me up, I didn't take them and she said she'd check what they were AFTER the PT, as it was they were my pain meds but lower dosage that's why so many! I feel she should have checked first! I'm hoping she won't be back this afternoon and I'll get someone different! X


Becki - 2 days post RTHR
 
Yes, it is very important to stay ahead of the pain at this point. Ask the nursing staff about your meds (what kind, how many and how often). Then be sure you have your meds well before PT comes to get you moving. If they show up and you have not taken your meds tell them to come back later. Sometimes you have to be your own advocate and insist.
 
Pain meds for sure before doing any movement that causes pain. At least that way you can knock the edge off of what is coming next.
 
Bad and good day today, had a shower only to find the dressing was leaking and was made to look worse as I was wet, when the nurse came to change it I went very nauseous and dizzy! Ended up being sick and all sorts, put on the oxygen and not going home! PT has gone well though, before I had my shower I went right down corridor, did exercises, back and 5 steps! Just seen the consultant and he seems quite pleased overall so going home tomorrow! How's everyone else getting on?? Xx


Becki - 3 days post RTHR
 
I'll bet your next trip down the hall is much easier.
What did I tell you? Well done on your walk down the hallway. See - everyday will bring a new step forward.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom