THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

I still have this weird feeling like this isn't my hip. No idea how to explain it.
Maybe it is just my re-learning walking habits? I have no clue.:scratch::what::what::chinstroke:

That is such a sad reality..I worry about the screw used to secure it....what if I am allergic to it? :flabber: Can you say manic?:skep:

Try not to worry. I know it's hard. My mind goes to "the bad place" sometimes too.
I will admit that time does help that. In the months to come it fades from the forefront of your mind. And in reality, if something does happen, you'll deal with it, so why worry yourself when it's more likely nothing will go wrong? How about your prosthetic and it's friend, the screw, outlast you? Why can't THAT be your story? Check out this article if you haven't already.
Quiz will take place afterward :heehee:

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/hips-that-have-lasted-32-40-41-and-45-years.13853/
@sequin98

I'm screwy too, sequin.
I bet you aren't allergic.
Try not to worry.
I bet your body likes this new hip better than that old raggedy one.
Mine does...times two!

I do have an allergy to nickle, hence why I couldn't have resurfacing. I hope I would have rejected it by now.

Hi @sequin98
Hopefully you're having a peaceful day so far.

I don't know how long it would take for an allergic reaction to metal to show up....
Let's ask the expert @Josephine and see if she can offer you some reassurance
in regard to this matter. I hate to see you stressing unnecessarily.
A great week to you!

Hahaha! I sure hope you were more graceful than that.
How's recovery at almost four months post op?
Four Month Anniversary on Friday.
Hope you're doing well. Wishing you a great week!
@sequin98

Great video...totally relate.
Hang in there my friend!:ok:

@sequin98 I just finished reading your post op thread. Thank you for sharing all that you have been through, it has been very helpful for this newbie to get an idea time-wise how long things take to heal, and all the quirky things that happen to you on the journey. Wishing you continued positive healing :flwrysmile:

Is it possible that the hip dysplasia is causing the constant tightness in the hip flexor? I stretch all the time, hours later it is painfully tight, mobility restricting. :chinstroke:

I'm honestly not sure @sequin98
I'm not sure I've caught that you are still having such struggles with it.:console2:
We could ask Josephine to weigh in?

Is it possible that the hip dysplasia is causing the constant tightness in the hip flexor? I stretch all the time, hours later it is painfully tight, mobility restricting. :chinstroke:
Likewise! When I was doing PT they did that thing where they drill in on the muscle with their thumbs to get it to release, and all it did was made it mad.

Is it possible that the hip dysplasia is causing the constant tightness in the hip flexor? I stretch all the time, hours later it is painfully tight, mobility restricting.
@Josephine
Sequin would love if you could give your thoughts on ongoing pain she is experiencing after 3 months.

Sequin, She will certainly be around at some point and will likely want you to provide some information about current activity and recovery protocols you have been following!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom