The Operating List - just dates please, no chat, no questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Operating List - post your date here but NO QUESTIONS!!

Alot of us are having surgery in June, July, August so I though it would be easier to keep track of people before they jump to the other side if we list our surgery dates in one place.

Simon

BTKR June 3

great idea! mines the 16 July Im scared stiff! good luck to all mines ceramic on ceramic SYDNEY.
Rosie

Hi Rosie. Dont be scared. Do you know how to start a thread as well so we can talk to you. It looks like you had problems for awhile, so I think you will be better off for this, getting in taken care of once and for all. Post anytime with questions. Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there it will be ok.............Kim

Hi Frogfeathers, I also had a TKR on March 18th at the Marshfield Clinic. Where did you have yours? Lakelover from Northern WI.

Hi Frogfeathers, I also had a TKR on March 18th at the Marshfield Clinic. Where did you have yours? Lakelover from Northern WI.
I had mine at Mercy in Janesville. Mine is metal with plastic (and I named the new joint "Steve Austin"). ;)

I am brand new to this forum. My knee replacement surgery is scheduled for June 26 (left knee) and right knee (tentatively) for September 5.

Hi Mona, Welcome. I am glad you posted your surgery date. If you have any questions , please post them and we will do our best to help you. Hang in there it will done soon and you will be on your way to recovery. Hang in there, glad you joined us............Best wishes to you..............

Welcome and Good luck. Mona!.....Frog.....interesting choice of names for your knee! Is there a reason its a GUY??? :)

I named the new joint after the Six Million Dollar man (Lee Majors) because I don't like the actress who played the Bionic Woman (Lindsey Wagoner). No other reason than that!

I am thinking around Sept 10 for my second one. Get em both done in one year. Saves on the insurance deductible, and basically just meants 2009 is a write-off activity wise with me spending a huge amount of it on knee replacements.

Lindsay Wagner would be so insulted, Frog......but its certainly YOUR choice to name your new parts whatever you choose! :)

Hello,

I'm new here and scheduled for a total knee replacement on June 8th.
I'm pretty terrified, but am glad to have found this board.

Hi and Welcome. No, don't be terrifed. Look around at the posts. We all got worked up and it wasn't that bad. Really. But I know what it feels like to be in that position. Please post anytime, if you have any questions, we would love to try to help you. Hang in there. it will be ok........

May 4,2009 TLKR
Hi All. I'm on week 4 post-op. What a journey. I've had the best luck. Pain is minimal, thanks to my pain management Dr. I'm healing well and can now walk without aid. Pt is tough, but worth it. I think attitude is everything. To anyone facing KR for the first time, give yourself time to form a positive attitude. Ask lots of questions and above all, Follow instructions from your OS about post-op care. Thankfully, my TLKR has been very postive and I believe my outlook has pushed me ahead of the recovery track. Good luck to all facing your surgery this month.

Right on, Queenie!

Thats the way I did it, 8 Dec 2008 and 11 May 2009.
More pain on #2 but healing faster and a lot stronger earlier.
After 3 weeks I was able to climb into my 1988 RX7.

Hello everyone!

My 1st post, my TKR on my left knee is June 19, 2009. Using the Stryker Triathlon with Otis Med custom fit method. I have been wearing an "unloader brace" for about 18 months. It's time for a new knee.:D

Dgc- great car!! I had one. probably should have kept it!!!Glad this knee is moving along well. Oh and Welcome...Keep us posted. Maybe post the car of the pic thread . would love to see it............
Hi Allegheny...Youll be happy you had this done...Thats the knee I have. The braces are not fun are they. Really restrict ya!! hang in there, we are here for both you . Any questions we can help you with . we will try to help. Post anytime...I am sure your surgery will go well...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Lizardtails
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom